Remove Power Gear From The Game

Tots.3056

Hey all, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I run a power build I die instantly. Like, the game needs to be more tanky kind of like world of warcraft. I propose removing all power gear from the game so everyone has to play a condi tank class to draw out the fights longer. I think if everyone is on condi tank then the combat will be infinitely more exciting as you won't have your whole guild dying instantly to a burst or warrior killshot. Instead it will be a battle of epic condition clears where your team will die slowly and gloriously over the course of a 25 minute battle over a supply camp. Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tots.3056 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:I do think the extremes on both ends of the glass vs bunker issue could be narrowed some.

Yes, there is entirely too much raw damage. People shouldn't be able to be killed instantly. Condition spikes are also a problem, the apply rate is too high and the tick rate is too fast.

By the same measure,

those being "oneshot" are more or less being caught in the middle as without high damage glass builds the bunker builds would be practically unkillable.

well the only that should get removed from wvw is the tank as fuck condy gear, you deal dmg like hell and are nealy unkillable. I don´t mind offensiv condy gear like viper but the defensiv stuff is anoying and regards the berserk stats you want to remove that is the only stats that requires good game play like y mentioned if you get hit in it you loose a hell of life but you also deal a hell of dps. And devensiv condi is like deal hell of dmg and tank a lot of dmg.

@Marcel.1857 said:well the only that should get removed from wvw is the tank as kitten condy gear, you deal dmg like hell and are nealy unkillable. I don´t mind offensiv condy gear like viper but the defensiv stuff is anoying and regards the berserk stats you want to remove that is the only stats that requires good game play like y mentioned if you get hit in it you loose a hell of life but you also deal a hell of dps. And devensiv condi is like deal hell of dmg and tank a lot of dmg.

They would also have to remove the different armor weights though. For example, warriors have tons of traits and utilities that make them tanky, YET, they can still wear zerk or marauder gear and be full dps. Why should they get the benefit of being a tank AND the benefit of being full dps? They shouldn't. It was an oversight on Anet's part when they thought the trinity wasn't a good idea but overlooked balancing armor weights. Being mostly melee isn't really an argument because there are medium and light armor specs that are melee too.Example: I agree that mirage is overtuned, but honestly a condi mirage is just as tanky and has sufficient dps that really makes it no different than a bunch of power warrior roaming builds. Tanky, over the top sustain and damage, tons of ways to avoid taking damage and escape tools. This game isn't making people choose to be tanky or be full dps, and they can't justify nerfing tanky condition stat sets without first addressing the armor disparity.

Just remove power from any gear that has toughness or vitality. No having your cake and eating it to; if you want to tank, you should do very little damage, even to glassy targets.

Same thing goes with any skills that invoke block, auto-evade, damage immunity, or reflect. Using or activating those skills should invoke some sort of temporary state where the player is heavily vulnerable to all damage sources.

@Offair.2563 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Remove all stats, give everyone a stick and 50 health, sticks do 5 damage each hit.

And no LoS at all.

LoS doesnt work against cleave damage anyway. or did you really think you would be allowed to throw it? range is cheese, no range.

Cleaving with a stick? hmm

Well, you could throw a stick.

Archived