Next legendary

BoMinG.1782

I'm excited for all 3 remaining legendaries. That said, I'm probably most curious about the Greatsword. They had a pretty unique system with Sunrise, Twilight, and Eternity, so I'm wondering what they have planned for the next greatsword. For longbow and scepter I just hope they look good, as I didn't like the gen 1 equivalents.

I don't mind which one is next aslong as it looks legendary, for me

Claw of the Khan-Ur is just meh and not worth it compared to the IncineratorSharur has nothing on The JuggernautFlames of War doesn't really do it for me, to the point where id rather use a Black Lion SkinShooshadoo is a joke right, did we ever comfirm it was a jokeVerdarach way to big, I don't know what they where thinking with this one.

Now I know its my personal opinion and some people will agree and some wont, but when you compare the above to the likes of

Nevermore, The Shining Blade, Astralaria, HOPE, etc some of the newer weapons look like a joke or that they where thrown together in a few days with design, I hope that any new GS, or LB is truly worthy of a legendary status.

I have interest to see what they bring, but have a few problems:

• Greatsword could be interesting, but I already have Eternity in my ex-main, and no way they will top that (even worse, probably will be a joke weapon, albeit the suggested 5 skritt in a trenchcoat would be ok).
  • Both hammers are garbage. Seriously: the skin effect from the Juggernaut is cool, but there's tons of hammers in the game with better skins (Entropy, Genesis, Phoenix, Mjolnir... ).
  • Hate Kudzu so any realistic one (or very flashy one) would be better.

But the main concern is that in this game the usability of the weapons is linked to their skills, so having an awesome looking skin means nothing if your build can't use it. I also hate how BOTH staffs are "wizzard staff" despite when Nevermore was released both Revenant and Daredevil had mele based skills in their staves.

@sorudo.9054 said:i like a legendary longbow that starts out as a masterwork bow, you can evolve this bow by using certain materials in the forge.

But isn't this what we're already doing? We're starting out with a very basic precursor that we upgrade to higher tiers and eventually a Legendary. I don't think many people would be happy with a lackluster Legendary that they then have to evolve with even more materials, after already spending a ton to get the Legendary in the first place. Might as well make 2 different Legendaries then.

@Late For Tea.1846 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i like a legendary longbow that starts out as a masterwork bow, you can evolve this bow by using certain materials in the forge.

But isn't this what we're already doing? We're starting out with a very basic precursor that we upgrade to higher tiers and eventually a Legendary. I don't think many people would be happy with a lackluster Legendary that they then have to evolve with even more materials, after already spending a ton to get the Legendary in the first place. Might as well make 2 different Legendaries then.

where did you get that from, did you even read?you start with a masterwork weapon, a weapon that would drop like crazy.after that there are steps to undertake to make this weapon better and better, making it more and more powerful.in all, it takes as much materials as a normal legendary weapon, you just have more skins and different steps to undertake.

In my opinion, we have quite enough legendary weapons for now.

I would be interested to see (creation or completion of) individual sets of legendary rings, trinkets and amulets for 1: Regular PvE, 2: Raids, 3: WvW, 4: sPvPYes, that is four separate sets and I reckon that this will take a long time (over multiple expansions) but I hope the game will move in this direction. This allows dedicated players to get a full set of legendaries in their favourite game type. (Considering that the G1 of Legendary weapons can be traded)

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:I don't mind which one is next aslong as it looks legendary, for me

Claw of the Khan-Ur is just meh and not worth it compared to the IncineratorSharur has nothing on The JuggernautFlames of War doesn't really do it for me, to the point where id rather use a Black Lion SkinShooshadoo is a joke right, did we ever comfirm it was a jokeVerdarach way to big, I don't know what they where thinking with this one.

Now I know its my personal opinion and some people will agree and some wont, but when you compare the above to the likes of

Nevermore, The Shining Blade, Astralaria, HOPE, etc some of the newer weapons look like a joke or that they where thrown together in a few days with design, I hope that any new GS, or LB is truly worthy of a legendary status.

But Eureka and Shining Blade are also of the newer ones and were pretty nice.

@"Ephemiel.5694" said:Idk why people want Greatsword so badly when they got THREE during a time each weapon had one and some of them were "joke" legendaries.

We need Longbow, we've waited long enough for it.

Would be hilarious if they made the second gen able to combine with eternity. So we could have a random greatsword legendary worth 20k gold.

Verdarach and Ipos were cool but both offhands. And we had a mainhand dagger. So we could follow the pattern and get mainhand scepter with the last two being two handed back to back. I would say it depends on where we are going next but there doesn’t really seem to be any correlation between map and weapon. So it’s anyones guess

@"Ephemiel.5694" said:Idk why people want Greatsword so badly when they got THREE during a time each weapon had one and some of them were "joke" legendaries.

We need Longbow, we've waited long enough for it.

To some, wielding a surfboard made of light or darkness is a joke, as well.

Assuming that the greatsword will be the last legendary weapon to be released and that the living-story-teams stayed the same, the artists behind shooshadoo, shining blade, sharur and verdarach will be responsible for the legy greatsword. So based on how you liked their previous skins, you already might get a vague idea of wether you will like the greatsword.

@Jojo.6140 said:Assuming that the greatsword will be the last legendary weapon to be released and that the living-story-teams stayed the same, the artists behind shooshadoo, shining blade, sharur and verdarach will be responsible for the legy greatsword. So based on how you liked their previous skins, you already might get a vague idea of wether you will like the greatsword.

The shining blade is awesome imho (minus all the typically legy auras and stuff, but that won't change, I guess) and Verdarach and Sharur look nice from an artistic standpoint (wielding a fish tank as a shield is just stupid imo).

Now let's just hope the new GS won't be so ridiculously oversized.For example: If Scion's Claw wasn't so greatsword-esque in its proportions, I would have done it by now.

But wait and see! In the end, nobody is forcing me to craft whatever the next legendary greatsword will be.

@Jojo.6140 said:Assuming that the greatsword will be the last legendary weapon to be released and that the living-story-teams stayed the same, the artists behind shooshadoo, shining blade, sharur and verdarach will be responsible for the legy greatsword. So based on how you liked their previous skins, you already might get a vague idea of wether you will like the greatsword.

I'm not at all sure the artists making the legendaries are solidly bound to the specific LW subteams...

Archived