Feedback expansion

Nafets.1238

I've kinda finished everything that I wanted with the expansion and I decided to post some feedback on the forums. There are spoilers everywhere so read at your own discretion.

Launch

I probably would have finished what I wanted earlier, however we all know how the launch was. Not being able to play for hours and hours, servers crashing, InstanceCreate Failed. It's not like there were stress tests. Maybe if you would have offered some compensation to the people that tested the game, for FREE, there would have been more people interested in participating in stress tests and problems could have been replicated back then, not at launch.

Story

The story is better than hot and core, but still bad. Domain of the Lost was the gem here, even though that whole story recap there was a bit too much. Having the mentor show up there was a nice touch though. Glint's dialog was boring and uninteresting. Random dudes walking in the mists can free a god chained by other GODS. Yup. Gods left to Narnia because nothing is their

. Wanted to play a power ranger in expansion. Not possible. Most mobs in the story have protection. At least there were less cheesy lines; having my character trying to say something smart or funny ON EVERY SINGLE LINElike in LS3 was way too much to handle.

Maps

https://i.imgur.com/WOwdiwH.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/4INd3K4.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/nnbdvEI.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/Dlc1Sgh.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fPgMnn1.jpg

Pretty much finished them, I saw most of the events, bounties and so on. Desert Highlands is good. Very nice designed. I also liked the academy in Vabbi. Other than this I was not impressed by anything else. There is 0 replayability for me on these maps. No metas. Same as Living Story S3 maps; unless some legendary trinkets will be associated with these maps in the future there's not much to do on them.

Mounts and Masteries

Mounts are ok. Nicely designed. Finished my masteries for them: https://i.imgur.com/rmaBojx.jpgThe only problem I have here is with the masteries; it's an entire expansion, why not add more masteries? Something to work towards that can't be finished in 2 days? When HoT came out I reached 161 really fast, after that nerf came and everything was made to be acquired easier. Why? I don't have anything left to work towards in the expansion; simply looking how my experience goes in vain. Yes, spirit shard are nothing.

I've completed my elite specs: https://i.imgur.com/Tt3ae7O.jpg Probably two things to go back to these maps and story are the achievements and collections. But I'm not really interested in any of these. I wanted to work towards more legendary trinkets to get my main full legy. More masteries to have that shinny big number near my characters. ANet seems to be interested in getting out an expansion every year now; living story begins, sometime at the end of next year a new expansion comes out and so on. Right now I'm thinking if I should wait for next raid or take a break and maybe check the game in a year. I'm not burned out by expansion as I believe people will come and say, simply I didn't even had much to do in it.

I can not comment at much here as I have only made it to the end of chapter 2. But at the moment for me these maps have entertained me more that HoT maps. There are events I can do solo or together with my partner and we don't need to sit around for other players finishing another quest part on the other side of the world. I can count how many times of done dragon's stand on my hand. Yes, less than five times and I have had HoT since it released. I am looking forward to explore the maps, find hidden Easter eggs (not looking at Dulfy) and replay them with my alts. The fact that I needed to do a specific meta to reach one part of the map was very annoying thus I almost haven't done HoT maps. I can't say which expansion I like the most but at the moment I feel that they both have their good parts.

Oh and also, I really dislike farming and meta events is a farming event.

@Nafets.1238 said:I've kinda finished everything that I wanted with the expansion and I decided to post some feedback on the forums. There are spoilers everywhere so read at your own discretion.

Launch

I probably would have finished what I wanted earlier, however we all know how the launch was. Not being able to play for hours and hours, servers crashing, InstanceCreate Failed. It's not like there were stress tests. Maybe if you would have offered some compensation to the people that tested the game, for FREE, there would have been more people interested in participating in stress tests and problems could have been replicated back then, not at launch.

Story

The story is better than hot and core, but still bad. Domain of the Lost was the gem here, even though that whole story recap there was a bit too much. Having the mentor show up there was a nice touch though. Glint's dialog was boring and uninteresting. Random dudes walking in the mists can free a god chained by other GODS. Yup. Gods left to Narnia because nothing is their

. Wanted to play a power ranger in expansion. Not possible. Most mobs in the story have protection. At least there were less cheesy lines; having my character trying to say something smart or funny ON EVERY SINGLE LINElike in LS3 was way too much to handle.

Maps

https://i.imgur.com/WOwdiwH.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/4INd3K4.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/nnbdvEI.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/Dlc1Sgh.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fPgMnn1.jpg

Pretty much finished them, I saw most of the events, bounties and so on. Desert Highlands is good. Very nice designed. I also liked the academy in Vabbi. Other than this I was not impressed by anything else. There is 0 replayability for me on these maps. No metas. Same as Living Story S3 maps; unless some legendary trinkets will be associated with these maps in the future there's not much to do on them.

Mounts and Masteries

Mounts are ok. Nicely designed. Finished my masteries for them: https://i.imgur.com/rmaBojx.jpgThe only problem I have here is with the masteries; it's an entire expansion, why not add more masteries? Something to work towards that can't be finished in 2 days? When HoT came out I reached 161 really fast, after that nerf came and everything was made to be acquired easier. Why? I don't have anything left to work towards in the expansion; simply looking how my experience goes in vain. Yes, spirit shard are nothing.

I've completed my elite specs: https://i.imgur.com/Tt3ae7O.jpg Probably two things to go back to these maps and story are the achievements and collections. But I'm not really interested in any of these. I wanted to work towards more legendary trinkets to get my main full legy. More masteries to have that shinny big number near my characters. ANet seems to be interested in getting out an expansion every year now; living story begins, sometime at the end of next year a new expansion comes out and so on. Right now I'm thinking if I should wait for next raid or take a break and maybe check the game in a year. I'm not burned out by expansion as I believe people will come and say, simply I didn't even had much to do in it.

Regarding launch there were stress tests, every game/expansion has issues on release, nothing is perfect, if you expect perfection out of everything you live a sad life, appreciate what you have here.

Regarding the story, as a GW1 veteran and long time lover of lore in this game it was absolutely phenomenal you just didn't pay attention whatsoever. Quit rushing through the content, it's not a speed run to see who can get all of the expansion content done first, slow down and smell the roses leroy.

Regarding map metas, you "pretty much finished them", I don't understand what you mean here, you don't have all of the achievements done in every map. You don't have map completion on all professions. Judging from your mastery points you don't have all of the mastery points in HoT or PoF, take some time to smell the roses and do them instead of complaining here.

You rushed through the content and are upset that there wasn't enough tedious and unnecessary content to fulfill your constantly unsatisfied demeanor, grow up.

"Silent The Gray.3091" said:

@Nafets.1238 said:I've kinda finished everything that I wanted with the expansion and I decided to post some feedback on the forums. There are spoilers everywhere so read at your own discretion.

Launch

Story

Maps

Mounts and Masteries

Mounts are ok. Nicely designed. Finished my masteries for them:
The only problem I have here is with the masteries; it's an entire expansion, why not add more masteries? Something to work towards that can't be finished in 2 days? When HoT came out I reached 161 really fast, after that nerf came and everything was made to be acquired easier. Why? I don't have anything left to work towards in the expansion; simply looking how my experience goes in vain. Yes, spirit shard are nothing.

I've completed my elite specs:
Probably two things to go back to these maps and story are the achievements and collections. But I'm not really interested in any of these. I wanted to work towards more legendary trinkets to get my main full legy. More masteries to have that shinny big number near my characters. ANet seems to be interested in getting out an expansion every year now; living story begins, sometime at the end of next year a new expansion comes out and so on. Right now I'm thinking if I should wait for next raid or take a break and maybe check the game in a year. I'm not burned out by expansion as I believe people will come and say, simply I didn't even had much to do in it.

Regarding launch there were stress tests, every game/expansion has issues on release, nothing is perfect, if you expect perfection out of everything you live a sad life, appreciate what you have here.

Regarding the story, as a GW1 veteran and long time lover of lore in this game it was absolutely phenomenal you just didn't pay attention whatsoever. Quit rushing through the content, it's not a speed run to see who can get all of the expansion content done first, slow down and smell the roses leroy.

Regarding map metas, you "pretty much finished them", I don't understand what you mean here, you don't have all of the achievements done in every map. You don't have map completion on all professions. Judging from your mastery points you don't have all of the mastery points in HoT or PoF, take some time to smell the roses and do them instead of complaining here.

You rushed through the content and are upset that there wasn't enough tedious and unnecessary content to fulfill your constantly unsatisfied demeanor, grow up.

+1!

Plus....it is likely meta events will be added later on....

One of the few people that wanted remuneration for a beta? I thought that was a joke but apparently it's a thing now.

I don't know. I played at a relatively fast pace and only finished last night. It was a bit short but I wasn't expecting more. Just like I wasnt expecting legendary anything, since they never announced it.

However, if you already got all your masteries/map completion and if you got your hot masteries fast when hot came out, its most likely that you played more hours/day than the average player.A lot of triple A games won't offer you 3 days of intensive content for $30. And there is next to no grinding phase in this expansion (versus hot for example) which means that all these hours were actually well used.

I care more about quality than longetivity. No "finishing the same meta 100 times" bullshit here. Just pure joy from start to finish.And yes server issues were sad but as said many times it happens. Kinda hope Anet wont release on a Friday next time.

@Silent The Gray.3091 said:

Launch

Story

Maps

Mounts and Masteries

The only problem I have here is with the masteries; it's an entire expansion, why not add more masteries? Something to work towards that can't be finished in 2 days? When HoT came out I reached 161 really fast, after that nerf came and everything was made to be acquired easier. Why? I don't have anything left to work towards in the expansion; simply looking how my experience goes in vain. Yes, spirit shard are nothing.

Probably two things to go back to these maps and story are the achievements and collections. But I'm not really interested in any of these. I wanted to work towards more legendary trinkets to get my main full legy. More masteries to have that shinny big number near my characters. ANet seems to be interested in getting out an expansion every year now; living story begins, sometime at the end of next year a new expansion comes out and so on. Right now I'm thinking if I should wait for next raid or take a break and maybe check the game in a year. I'm not burned out by expansion as I believe people will come and say, simply I didn't even had much to do in it.

I think you need to calm down a bit there buddy. Telling someone you know nothing about to grow up is a bit immature, don't you think? That was my feedback regarding the expansion for the devs, chill out.

@Nafets.1238 said:

Launch

Story

Maps

Mounts and Masteries

I think you need to calm down a bit there buddy. Telling someone you know nothing about to grow up is a bit immature, don't you think? That was my feedback regarding the expansion for the devs, chill out.

I am very calm, you approached the topic from the beginning with a negative pretense and intentionally upsetting undertone to arouse a reaction and you got one.

@Silent The Gray.3091 said:

@Nafets.1238 said:

Launch

Story

Maps

Mounts and Masteries

I am very calm, you approached the topic from the beginning with a negative pretense and intentionally upsetting undertone to arouse a reaction and you got one.

I think you have to redo the read if you think the feedback is in a "negative pretense". It's an experience, and I'm dissapointed with it. What did you expected when you entered a topic with the title "done with the expansion disappointed"?

To the people who criticize the OP's way of playing the game, here is the reason why people like him and for that matter me and pretty much any regular player i have at least talked with, feel that PoF is disappointing in the endgame department.

When HoT launched, we did the exact same thing, we didn't "rush" the content, but we played every waking hour for days after the expansion came out and i can tell you right now, that HoT lasted a lot more than 2 days and i was going much faster in HoT than i did in PoF

People like me and him are now standing in these beautiful new maps going, what now? a situation we have never been faced with so soon after an expansion has been released, asking ourselves where the endgame content is at, coming up short for answers and that feeling sucks, which is why it is so disappointing, when PoF was touted as the content expansion compared to HoT when PoF seems to clearly lack endgame. PoF is the Mount/Scenery expansion

So you burned through the entire expansion within 4 days. I'd say the problem is you, not the expansion. Usually I'm not saying things like this but you burnt yourself out (although you said you aren't). How much time have you spent in PoF the last days? 30 hours, 40 hours?

@"I Am Dansker.7105" said:To the people who criticize the OP's way of playing the game, here is the reason why people like him and for that matter me and pretty much any regular player i have at least talked with, feel that PoF is disappointing in the endgame department.

When HoT launched, we did the exact same thing, we didn't "rush" the content, but we played every waking hour for days after the expansion came out and i can tell you right now, that HoT lasted a lot more than 2 days and i was going much faster in HoT than i did in PoF

People like me and him are now standing in these beautiful new maps going, what now? a situation we have never been faced with so soon after an expansion has been released, asking ourselves where the endgame content is at, coming up short for answers and that feeling kitten, which is why it is so disappointing, when PoF was touted as the content expansion compared to HoT when PoF seems to clearly lack endgame. PoF is the Mount/Scenery expansion

The expansion has been out for less than 4 days. 4 days. And you're begging for content without knowing what ANet has planned. Maybe there are more hidden things like the Gryphon? Maybe you just need to let the expansion evolve within the first weeks instead of saying there is nothing to do after 4 days?

@Shirlias.8104 said:What about griffon?I am enjoyng my mounts playing the story in pve, exploring maps and so on... but ( i am still at the springler ) it seems to me that it could cover all the mounts work, if you start from somewhere high enough.

Am i just mystaking it?

The griffon is great. I don't think it invalidates other mounts. It doesn't go higher that the bunny from spot. It's not faster than the jackal or raptor.If you start from somewhere high enough it's great to cover some land quickly. But it's really dependant on high ground. This was one thing I wanted to test further; I'm not sure if i'll be able to jump with the mount from the JP in metrica province :)

As much as you guys complaint the lack of content in PoF. HoT actually had the same scenerio happened. Other than constantly "farming" meta event there was literally nothing to do there. The only thing we looked forward to was living season stories, the exact thing we are going to wait for again now.

To sum it up in the blunt way, we paid for a incomplete xpac like we did for HoT, except Hot actually let us kill a dragon which felt more complete compared to killing balthazar and learn elder dragon is the next target.

To be perfectly honest, much of hoT "length" was artificial and left bad taste in the mouth back then. The one and only reason it took us so long in there was because how fucking slow mastery leveling was. Like really, it was insane. And since you weren't able to level them up anywhere else, you were forced to stay in HoT till second coming. And while getting those masteries definitely felt good, a lot of that "good" came from satisfaction of "never gonna do it again".

Do HoT maps offer greater replay value overall? Sure. Now, that i don't HAVE to go there, it's much more fun and profitable at the same time. Back then? God I hated those non-stop meta grinds.

Archived