[Suggestion] Invisible bags/open all but one

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:As someone suggested in a very similar topic yesterday you could split the stack when you start to save 1, then open the rest.

I use more than one PC and use Synergy to share the mouse and keyboard. For some reason stack splitting doesn't work with Synergy running.

Uhm...so are you playing on multiple accounts at the same time?

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:As someone suggested in a very similar topic yesterday you could split the stack when you start to save 1, then open the rest.

I use more than one PC and use Synergy to share the mouse and keyboard. For some reason stack splitting doesn't work with Synergy running.

Maybe you should figure out what that issue is?

@lokh.2695 said:

Synergy allows you to control multiple computers using the same keyboard and mouse but you can't control two at the same time.

You can basically move your mouse off the left hand side of one computers desktop and it appears on the right hand side of the other desktop. It's a bit like a software KVM switch.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Given that I suspect the number of players that happen to have such a setup is quite low, this seems like a very niche thing for ANet to worry about.

Really, it's on Synergy to fix the proper transmission of all commands.

Note: edited as I had made incorrect interpretations.

@lokh.2695 said:

No, I do other thinks with my other PCs like 3D Printing, watching YouTube/movies/TV shows and browsing while I'm playing the game. Only one of my PCs really has enough power to play the game. I usually only have two PCs on at a given time to save power.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Given that I suspect the number of players that happen to have such a setup is quite low, this seems like a very niche thing for ANet to worry about.

Really, it's on Synergy to fix the proper transmission of all commands.

Note: edited as I had made incorrect interpretations.

Oh yea, it's a problem with Synergy of course not GW2's issue. It's an ancient program for sharing mouse and keyboard across PCs. This thread is more about how it would be nice if we didn't have to stack split or manually open containers when they are in invisible bags. I learned awhile back to drop those containers into the invisible bags so they stack out of the way.

Side note: Someone privately expressed concern about the use of Synergy. Synergy isn't a tool designed to do anything nefarious with GW2. If anything it has hindered my game actions at times. It's simply a software tool that replaces having to use a hardware KVM option. It simply allows you to slide the mouse to another PC's screen to do stuff on that PC. It does NOT allow you to do the same action on multiple PCs. When the mouse is on one PC the others can't use the mouse and keyboard. I use the last free version of it out there and it has bugs such as the one I mentioned that prevents me from stack splitting unless I stop the synergy service. It's not a GW2 issue, it's a Synergy issue. The PC someone games with has to be the host for the server or there is too much of a lag in the input. I also have to deactivate it to play Steam games and GW1 because the mouse actions go crazy and the view of the character starts spinning. Again that's a synergy bug.

Archived