lets play: count the trenchcoats/buttcapes in male armor design!

this is mostly a problem with medium armor, to a lesser extent with heavy armor and not really a problem with light armor

of the 68 medium armor sets for males, 62 of them involve both trenchcoats and buttcapes, and 0 of the sets show skin

of the 68 heavy armor sets for males, 65 of them involve buttcapes, minimal trenchcoats, and 7 of the sets show skin

of the 68 light armor sets for males, ~40 of them involve buttcapes, minimal trenchcoats, and 11 of the sets show skin

light armor has 3 normal pants options, medium armor has 6 normal pants options and heavy armor has 0 normal pants options

where is the diversity in armor design gw2? when making new armor is there just a standard trenchcoat and buttcape design copy and pasted and colored differently with different embellishments added? even for some of the light, medium and heavy armor buttcape pieces, there are a few that literally look EXACTLY the same, but the fold in the fabric in the back is different, not even being dramatic

i guess fashion wars only exists for males for light armor classes and somewhat for heavy armor classes, medium armor classes are doomed to suffer

it would make sense if those who play medium armor classes are the biggest purchasers of outfits because of their lack of non-trenchcoat and buttcape armor skins availible

when new armor skins are added please make them diverse and not the same thing copied and pasted just with varying lengths and different decorations and embellishments 68 times...

@bara yaoi.3824 said:of the 68 heavy armor sets for males, 65 of them involve buttcapes, minimal trenchcoats, and 7 of the sets show skin

Checked only my unlocked skins and found 9 pants with absolutely no buttcapes on heavy armor.Means your numbers seems to be just wrong.

Also I haven't found any trenchcoats in heavy armors, which ones do you mean?

@Karaha.3290 said:

@bara yaoi.3824 said:of the 68 heavy armor sets for males, 65 of them involve buttcapes, minimal trenchcoats, and 7 of the sets show skin

Checked only my unlocked skins and found 9 pants with absolutely no buttcapes on heavy armor.Means your numbers seems to be just wrong.

i was guesstimating its still in the range, theres still an unusually large amount of trenchcoats and buttcapes don't even try denying it

and for heavy armor, the trench coats are minimal, meaning little to none at all. if the chest piece extends into the leg armor area it counts as a trench coat, but heavy armor only has a few armor skins like that

@Karaha.3290 said:

Could the buttcapes be attached to the chest piece though?

@bara yaoi.3824 said:

i was guesstimating its still in the range, theres still an unusually large amount of trenchcoats and buttcapes don't even try denying it

and for heavy armor, the trench coats are minimal, meaning little to none at all. if the chest piece extends into the leg armor area it counts as a trench coat, but heavy armor only has a few armor skins like that

Excuse me? I'm denying what?I clearly said I haven't found any trenchcoats (in my unlocked skins ofc) and because of that I was asking you which one do you mean exactly.So please just stop accuse me whatever, because of a simple question . . .

Also I never denyied the fact that most leg pieces are buttcapes, I simply said that your numbers are just wrong.I mean, if you bring up a statistic like summary, you should make sure that your numbers are correct.So just for your numbers I checked the wardrobe myself. "Only " 58 of 78 heavy leg pieces have buttcapes, 20 don't.I know thats still 75% buttcapes, but it's a very big different to your numbers.

Tbh, I counted this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Eagle_armor_norn_male_back.jpg as non-buttcape, becaus it is a whatevercape but it don't cover your butt, so it's technically not a buttcape.

@bara yaoi.3824 said:

That is a bizarre, and unique, definition of trench coat you have there. A chain byrnie is not a trench coat.

@Karaha.3290 said:

Have you checked them out with your chest pieces yet? You may find the chest piece has a buttcape that covers your pants.

Another post by the OP.. this one thinly disguised about trenchcoats and buttcapes when the real issue is the OP wants to see as much skin as possible.Did you really need a third thread to try and win approval??

ANET please either drop this thread or merge with the OP's other two threads pleading for the same thing, or at the very least give some definitive yay or nay to the supposed issue and hopefully the OP can be done with it.

@Vash.2386 said:

Have you checked them out with your chest pieces yet? You may find the chest piece has a buttcape that covers your pants.

Haven't found any chest piece in wardrobe that covers your pants.

Archived