[suggestion] right click -> "Wiki this item"

MeTx.6712

Hey guys,I often look up my items on gw2 wiki using the /wiki option. I was wondering if an extra right click menu item could be added to all items, that would look up the item on wiki automatically?

The wiki is also really bad with spelling mistakes, and I keep misspelling Difflourite Band, and lately Ectoplasm-Infused Vision Crystal

An option like that would be nice, but I'd settle for a way to make the /wiki command more known to the community instead. The /wiki command is more versatile as it works with everything, it basically starts a search request on the official GW2 wiki, looking for whatever follows the command. /wiki works for items events, NPCs, skills, traits and pretty much everything in the game. It's an awesome feature that gets little to no regard of the broader community, that's what I've learned from the Labyrinthine Cliffs this year when it come to the wiki. So often ppl were asking "When does the race start?", "How long till blitz?", "Any timer for races?", when a simple /wiki et would have solved all those issues. When leveling up to LvL2 for example the /wiki command should become unlocked and visibly prompted to the players, maybe more ppl would learn about it like that.

tldr: /wiki is a great feature, everyone should know about it and use it. Gogogo /wiki!!!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can request redirects for misspellings in the Wiki. Just make the request in the 'Leave Feedback' option.

Good luck.

If you're willing to you could make the change yourself. Anyone can edit the Wiki and redirects are easy to set up. All you need to do is click the red link to the page that doesn't exist and add #REDIRECT [[correct page]], then replace 'correct page' with the one you want it to redirect to and hit save.

Or if you're like me and have as much trouble remembering the redirect code as the correct names for things in the game you can search for something you know will redirect you (I use 'prefix' which goes to the Attribute Combinations page), click the little note at the top telling you that you were redirected and then click edit to see the code, which you can copy and paste. Just remember to change where it directs to!

It's probably my most common kind of Wiki edit since I can neither spell or remember the names of things. Although I only do it when I'm sure it's mistake other people will make too and it might not be obvious. When I find I've searched for 'gallery of swor' because I hit enter too quickly I'm not going to make a redirect.

The advantage of using the /wiki [shift + Click on object]is that it will take you directly to the proper item, skill, trait, or location page, regardless of how many of them may share the same name.

E.g. Using the /wiki [shift + Click on object] technique will take you to the proper "Endless Arid Devourer Tonic" (the sellable container or the account bound tonic). Using the /wiki [Type object name]method can only bring you to the latter.

Archived