new power renegade build for pvp

messiah.1908

i didnt get any feedback from the pvp thread so i would like to hear yours

this is the buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnvNWMT6JvmRVlZzsrytZYWZ3MYs8bmFNl6/HHylsdACgIgtMSj2A-jZRSABgeIAu+BA8RZgvPDAAs/AA

the idea is an alternative to dragon power rev.rune can be changedyou get more crit dmg and have high crit chance.higher hp and powergood swiftness even out of combat.good aoe dmg support especially on down or on rez.but also weak to conditions dmg.

Sorta close to what I use... You should bring either Nefarius Momentum or Vindication though. (I prefer vindication.)Getting a fast 20+ stacks of might when 1v1'ing or +1'ing is a much bigger power spike than the extra 150 ferocity from Lasting Legacy or AP.

Also, sigils of Revocation and/or Purging are a must, IMO... You can make up the smattering of cleanses from your sigils with Cleansing Channel and Runes of Leadership.

@narcx.3570 said:Sorta close to what I use... You should bring either Nefarius Momentum or Vindication though. (I prefer vindication.)Getting a fast 20+ stacks of might when 1v1'ing or +1'ing is a much bigger power spike than the extra 150 ferocity from Lasting Legacy or AP.

Also, sigils of Revocation and/or Purging are a must, IMO... You can make up the smattering of cleanses from your sigils with Cleansing Channel and Runes of Leadership.

how is it working for you in pvp?

Ok, my concern about your build is this one: the build seems to gravitate around the use of the Valkyrie amulet, wich guives a big buff in HP and power/ferocity at the cost of crit chance (precision). That kind of build were popular with some Reapers due their high access to crit chance through traits, and now is trend with some Guardians/DH due the Righteous Instincts changes in the Radiant traitline, which essentially gives them a +50% crit chance every time they get retaliation. Here the trick is to get access to fury to increase your crit chance in +40% with Roiling Mists and another +33% with Brutal Momentum.

The problem is: with the Guardian/DH the trick works well, the get retaliation every time they use their #6, which lately seems to be Litany of Wrath (20' cd) and Stand Your Ground! (30' cd), with both of them plus the ticks from greatsword's Symbol of Wrath. The heal and the shout do provide 5 seconds of retaliation which reach almost 6 seconds if they use the Traveler runes, so being able to assure 12+ seconds of retaliation each 30 seconds for a +50 crit chance works well for them (each meditation, if traited, grants also fury, with another +20% cr).

Revenant, instead is another beast : Brutal Momentum + 33% only happens when your endurance is full; the vigor addition is nice, but in a PvP environment having your endurance at max is a luxury, so I don't think that source of crit chance is raliable. Fury, instead, seems granted 100% of time, so that will add a 40% cr over your 10% base, but that isn't that much over the regular power Herald with marauder amulet. This build has more HP and critical damage, but I think that Glint is much stronger and useful compared to Kalla.

@messiah.1908 said:

@narcx.3570 said:Sorta close to what I use... You should bring either Nefarius Momentum or Vindication though. (I prefer vindication.)Getting a fast 20+ stacks of might when 1v1'ing or +1'ing is a much bigger power spike than the extra 150 ferocity from Lasting Legacy or AP.

how is it working for you in pvp?

Oh I meant in PvP... In PvE you'd load up on the ferocity traits since you get might from your warrior pal!

But it works fine... I like it better than Power Herald (especially against teams with a breaker/scourge). You still do the same decap/+1 role as before, you just have different options when entering a team fight.

The only real downside for me is I really miss having access to Reveal. =(

But I use Maurader/Leadership with Dev 2-3-3, Invo 2-2-1, Renegade 3-3-1. So a little more duel oriented than your build.

I do think that Power Renegade works much better than Condi Renegade in sPvP right now tho... Condi Renegade lacks the brawler/survivability of Condi Herald and just gets faced in team fights so hard.

Archived