Remove cooldown on Legend swap out of combat

Title.

Probably someone else before asked this, but since it seems completely ignored I ask.

It's pretty frustating to play Revenant and have to click the little arrow and change legend because I can't press the F1 or the legend swap goes on cooldown even if out of combat.

This would help a lot especially in WvW when you usually camp Glint and right before entering comabt you usually manually switch to shiro for a better opening combo.Sometimes you have too little time to swap legend this way because the enemy teleport to you very fast.

So why Anet don't make legend swap without cooldown if you are out of combat exactly the same as weapon swap? I don't see particular issues with that.

This could be a little nice improvement which will make the gameplay much more smooth without downsides.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There might be a potential to game this and gain an advantage. I believe Ele’s attunements having cooldowns when out of combat isn’t by accident either.

But If I use the little arrow to switch legends it doen't go on cooldown, but pressing F1 it does, it does make no sense. Pressing the little arrow and switch legend is so slow and you have to mouseclick. I wanna mouseclick only if I wanna completely change build and legends.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:There might be a potential to game this and gain an advantage. I believe Ele’s attunements having cooldowns when out of combat isn’t by accident either.

But If I use the little arrow to switch legends it doen't go on cooldown, but pressing F1 it does, it does make no sense. Pressing the little arrow and switch legend is so slow and you have to mouseclick. I wanna mouseclick only if I wanna completely change build and legends.

I think you just pointed out something that will now get patched as I don’t think that was intended.

Funny that I made a post recently asking to remove attunement swap cooldowns out of combat. Plenty of people said that it would be unbalanced because of arcane traitline, but, I think weapon (attunement) swap boons should be removed too, when out of combat. Why should others classes be free to swap, but not the ele/revenant? And why should the ele be the only one to have weapon swap boons when out of combat? Both the cooldown and the boons need to go. I suppose the same problem applies to the revenant...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I think you just pointed out something that will now get patched as I don’t think that was intended.

It is intended and not exploitable.You can do this out of combat to change your build and you do not gain any advantage in combat from that. All you can do is boonstack a little but it’s not worth doing that as it takes way too long and the boons wear off too quick.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

Funny that I made a post recently asking to remove attunement swap cooldowns out of combat. Plenty of people said that it would be unbalanced because of arcane traitline, but, I think weapon (attunement) swap boons should be removed too, when out of combat. Why should others classes be free to swap, but not the ele/revenant? And why should the ele be the only one to have weapon swap boons when out of combat? Both the cooldown and the boons need to go. I suppose the same problem applies to the revenant...

The ability to pre-load buffs without having to worry about attunement cooldowns when you enter a fight may be of an issue. Other classes don’t have access to the number of skills as Ele.

@Nash.3974 said:

It is intended and not exploitable.You can do this out of combat to change your build and you do not gain any advantage in combat from that. All you can do is boonstack a little but it’s not worth doing that as it takes way too long and the boons wear off too quick.

I’m not talking about the ability to change the builds but being able to use it in conjunction with skills/abilities. I’m not sure if it’d readily give revs an advantage now but it could potentially do that with future legends.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

The ability to pre-load buffs without having to worry about attunement cooldowns when you enter a fight may be of an issue. Other classes don’t have access to the number of skills as Ele.

In which case, give normal cooldowns to everyone when outside of combat. I'm sure there are plenty of boon stack combos with weapon swaps. If you're going to prevent one class from doing it, do it for everyone.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

In which case, give normal cooldowns to everyone when outside of combat. I'm sure there are plenty of boon stack combos with weapon swaps. If you're going to prevent one class from doing it, do it for everyone.

No other class has attunements allowing them four weapon skill bars.

I’d have to look closer at Rev but it’s probably like this for similar reasons.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

No other class has attunements allowing them four weapon skill bars.

I’d have to look closer at Rev but it’s probably like this for similar reasons.

By legend swapping I have break stun and remove one condi. So it's irrelevant for out of combat anyway.Maybe there are some traits which provide boons on legend swap even if out of combat, but it could be so simple to set those traits as "Combat Only" and you fixed everything.

Same probably for elementalist, make the traits that synergize with attunement swap just combat only and done.

Archived