Braziers of Koda STILL bugged!

Edit 2: Can this please get fixed already???

Edit: It has become clear quickly that it is not intented to look that way and that this is a huge visual bug!

Hadn't been to Bitterfrost Frontier in a while. Imagine my shock ("My eyes! My eyes!" :( ) when I just returned to this beloved map and felt like my eyeballs were melting at the sight of the "reworked" Braziers of Koda.

Why o why did you have to do this, dear devs? :'(

Okay, I understand the purpose of the ring on the ground, nice addition. But that disc on top of the flame?!? Please remove it. Not only does it completely cover (and thus hide) the beautiful flame, but it is so shrieking bright it makes you go blind when you're looking at it (or near it). :/

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Hadn't been to Bitterfrost Frontier in a while. Imagine my shock when I just returned to this beloved map and felt like my eyeballs were melting at the sight of the "reworked" Braziers of Koda.

Why o why did you have to do this, dear devs? :'(

Okay, I understand the purpose of the ring on the ground, nice addition. But that disc on top of the flame?!? Please remove it. Not only does it completely cover (and thus hide) the beautiful flame, but it is so shrieking bright it makes you go blind when you're looking at it (or near it). :/

agreed...

Ugh, so it wasn't just me. I'd upgraded a bunch of drivers after installing the last major Win 10 update right before heading to Bitterfrost, so I thought my graphics settings had gone wonky-- the update changed settings on about half of my games. Nothing I did made it go away, though.

The ring of flame's pretty awful too. You can't stand inside it without having your screen turn wobbly and orange.

Who the heck thought the change was a good idea?

For me, so much in this game is blinding - mostly due to excess of yellow colors - or flashing... I have enough of it.

Don't misunderstand me: It is certainly nice to watch, but personally, I find many of those visual effects too much and therefore annoying. One example of each:

• Flashing: The continuous flashings as long as we have not set up all skills and attributes... Pffffffff... :s
  • Blinding: The gathering tool doing a ring of fire at eyes height, with fire twisters from the ground and flying embers (or are those birds?)... It looks very nice, I agree, but it is a killer and if several users have it at same spot... B)

All that to say: For me, those braziers are just one more thing. As I don't go there regularly, they disturb me less than others.

One can argue about the prettyness of the reworked design. I kinda like it ;)

I was still very happy to see that change because it showed ma that someone had looked into the map, made a decision and coded some change into the world of tyria. I just assumed that once a LS map was released, it would never be looked at again, unless there's something gamebreaking of course, and the design rework in bitterfrost suprised me in a positive way, regardeless if I liked the new design or not.Well, to see the redesign gave me a glimpse of hope that Kourna might get a rework. I know, adding a particle effect to a buff is far from the amount of work a Kourna reimagining would take and I know Anet well enough to not actually expect it to happen.

@Khisanth.2948 said:They looked even worse not that long ago. Looking more closely this seems to be a bug because it looks like someone splashed paint down the sides of the brazier.

Oh dear Gods, I do pray that this is merely a bug and will get fixed soon. Please, please, please... :'(

@lokh.2695 said:Well, to see the redesign gave me a glimpse of hope that Kourna might get a rework.

Sure, because turning an object on a map into a blinding, ugly visual annoyance is very promising in regard of the content changes you are looking for. ;)

I'm curious as to what complaint lead to the change in the first place. Given the low quality bar of feed back on the forums and reddit, it feels like it could had been done out of spite...... and if true, I'm 100% behind the Dev decision.

Complaint - Can't see if Brazier is lit or not + some comment about bad designDev- If this doesn't make it obvious, I don't know what will

@"starlinvf.1358" said:I'm curious as to what complaint lead to the change in the first place. Given the low quality bar of feed back on the forums and reddit, it feels like it could had been done out of spite...... and if true, I'm 100% behind the Dev decision.

Complaint - Can't see if Brazier is lit or not + some comment about bad designDev- If this doesn't make it obvious, I don't know what will

Well... errr. I didn't know we were in kindergarden or elementary school. ;) I doubt a mature developer would do such a horrific thing "out of spite" like a ten year old who's having a tantrum.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"starlinvf.1358" said:I'm curious as to what complaint lead to the change in the first place. Given the low quality bar of feed back on the forums and reddit, it feels like it could had been done out of spite...... and if true, I'm 100% behind the Dev decision.

Well... errr. I didn't know we were in kindergarden or elementary school. ;) I doubt a mature developer would do such a horrific thing "out of spite" like a ten year old who's having a tantrum.

Spend enough time on the forums with the kind of analytical mind set needed to be a developer (or a system administrator), and the user/players will inevitably cause a minor existential crisis. Its not about throwing a Tantrum- its about drawing attention to a place where rational thought seems to have gone missing, and using the only tool to which that environment will recognize...... the reflection of itself taking to its logical extreme. All in the hope that it will spark a proper examination of situation, as it has clearly done here.

Necessary? NoHyperbolic? DefinitelyAbsurd? AbsolutelyTherapeutic? Surprisingly so

Because sometimes it really does take that much to make someone realize what they're doing. And this being the internet, that person is probably doubling down on their original stance to save face.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Alternatively someone just did a crappy job. No need to invent any other excuse beyond that.

I hope it is a bug though. I can see them updating it to make it more visible (although I never saw anyone feed this back an issue), but poss something went wrong somewhere. I can't believe for a second, given our overwhleming and near daily feedback about visual pollution that this is intended. Bug report it and hopefully it'll be fixed and soon

• 1 month later...