Focus 4

felincyriac.5981

So here's 3 ideas:

1. Simplest idea: speed up the projectile and make it homing.
  2. Slight revamp. Remove the bounces and make it a single target non projectile attack (like spinal shivers). Adjust damage/lifeforce/vuln if needed. Also replace regen with might, fury, or quickness.
  3. Complete revamp. Do what they did to guardian focus 4. Maybe a bit different, but something single target and damage orientated.

@Lahmia.2193 said:So here's 3 ideas:

2. Slight revamp. Remove the bounces and make it a single target non projectile attack (like spinal shivers). Adjust damage/lifeforce/vuln if needed. Also replace regen with might, fury, or quickness.
  3. Complete revamp. Do what they did to guardian focus 4. Maybe a bit different, but something single target and damage orientated.

maybe something utility based? Focus 5 does good damage already

@felincyriac.5981 said:

5 is only good damage if you remove 3 boons with it. Which, from a pve perspective, isn't happening often.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

5 is only good damage if you remove 3 boons with it. Which, from a pve perspective, isn't happening often.

true, I've been solely playing wvw on necro and it hits pretty hard there. I decided to abandon pve on necro, instead I use thief.

@felincyriac.5981 said:

true, I've been solely playing wvw on necro and it hits pretty hard there. I decided to abandon pve on necro, instead I use thief.

Aye same. But to the original point, I'd say Reaper's Touch needs to retain its position as a damage skill but to be able to do so more reliably.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:Turn Reaper's Touch into a 180 radius AoE blast finisher with the same effects?

Blast lost their value nowadays, why not a range aoe whirl that would hit a few time?

That would work, too. Drop the bouncing mechanic and make it a small, ranged AoE with appropriate cast and after-cast delays.

A finisher on focus would be nice. It could be on Reaper's Touch or on Spinal Shivers, which does not do as much in PvE. I would not object if one focus skill dropped a combo field and the other a finisher.

However, that homing scythe not-a-finisher projectile needs to home better or become something more reliable.

Archived