[Suggestion] Personally Designed Outfits

I am not a namer, so if someone can come up with a better name, fine.

This idea is in the wake of a handful of "we should get rid of transmutation charges," threads. This is not that. This is something that might work to resolve those issues, but still cost money, and even cost more money. The idea is a new wardrobe section in which you get setup an outfit design from the gear skins you already own, but that you can then use as an outfit. It would cost transmutations to put the pieces in place, but once done it would work like an outfit. So it's free to wear and when worn it covers whatever you're actually wearing.

This would allow someone to create their endgame appearance up front, and wear it from then on regardless of other gear. It would still use transmutations to make initially and change, and because it would probably suite them, Anet can make us have to buy slots for each one, which is another revenue source.

It has the potential to be account wide, which would allow gear weight appearances across classes. Or it can be character restricted like inventory bags. Depends on how they would want to do it, if they did.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I really like this idea. I really like some of the outfits I can come up with using skins but it sucks if I want to switch to something else for awhile just to switch back, eventually, or if I want to use skins while leveling rather than an outfit. However, to anyone who wants to do this badly enough, they can just buy transmutation charges. Yet, I believe that more people would pay for save slots in wardrobe to make their own outfits than people would be willing to continuously pay for transmutation charges.

People are lazy. I like to change my look a lot but I don't want to have to do it one piece at a time constantly, forever, by either buying or grinding for transmutation charges. It's the simple yet unnecessarily tedious things that get most people.

Honestly, charging for something convenient like this would probably be fairly popular. Just give everyone an account wide some spaces to start and if they want more they can pay for it like everything else? Yes.

Support this idea since I spend too much transmuts to swap between apperance very often. I have a set of armor for cities, one for battle and one for beach, have enough of consumming 6 per 6 charges would like to save them as outfits. A kind of QoL change for me same as weapons swap for everyone or build saver.

@"derd.6413" said:Sounds like one of those "easy to say impossible to do"

This is reasonable. It basically is limited by the systems ability to remember this sort of thing/how difficult it is for the system to save that information. Considering how much trouble it apparently was for the system to save names for Ranger pets, that might be a serious limitation.

Archived