Dungeon difficulty and prerequisite

Hello !

I would like to know what is the current difficulty of the Exploration mode of the dungeons for a beginner ?For the story, I have a Mesmer lv46 and an Elementalist lv80. I would like to discover another face of dungeons for my Mesmer and gear up for my Elementalist. I made some researchs, but everything I found is pretty old, so I don't know if things are still the same...So, for the prerequisites :Is it possible to do Exploration mode with the minimum level, or just a couple more (so, Ascalonians Catacombs and Caudecus's Manor for my Mesmer for example) ?Can you gear up with dungeons ? Which mean, doing them with a stuff rare for example or not stats-optimized.Are Elite spec mandatory or can you do them without ?Any other thing I forgot maybe ?Finally, what would be for you the best path to discover Exploration mode ?

Thanks in advance, I think these advices can really help beginner :smiley:

PS : I hope my English is comprehensible, it's not my main language :anguished:

Any party of 5 can easily complete any dungeon, with hardly any trouble. Dungeons at this point are laughably easy if you abuse breakbars.

@domainedepona.5263 said:Hello !

For the story, I have a Mesmer lv46 and an Elementalist lv80. I would like to discover another face of dungeons for my Mesmer and gear up for my Elementalist. I made some researchs, but everything I found is pretty old, so I don't know if things are still the same...Nothing has really changed in dungeons.

So, for the prerequisites :Is it possible to do Exploration mode with the minimum level, or just a couple more (so, Ascalonians Catacombs and Caudecus's Manor for my Mesmer for example) ?Yes.

Can you gear up with dungeons ? Which mean, doing them with a stuff rare for example or not stats-optimized.You don't need the best gear for completing them, though full exotic would be recommended to make it faster and easier.

Are Elite spec mandatory or can you do them without ?No need for elite specs, though they do help.

Finally, what would be for you the best path to discover Exploration mode ?Just post an LFG, or bring some friends. Let people know you're new.

@Cryosia.3761 said:Any party of 5 can easily complete any dungeon, with hardly any trouble. Dungeons at this point are laughably easy if you abuse breakbars.

@domainedepona.5263 said:Hello !

For the story, I have a Mesmer lv46 and an Elementalist lv80. I would like to discover another face of dungeons for my Mesmer and gear up for my Elementalist. I made some researchs, but everything I found is pretty old, so I don't know if things are still the same...Nothing has really changed in dungeons.

Hum, maybe it has changed then (or you're really strong), because I find everywhere to wait lv80 full exotic or be useless or kicked, which scares me a little to say the least :anguished:

So, for the prerequisites :Is it possible to do Exploration mode with the minimum level, or just a couple more (so, Ascalonians Catacombs and Caudecus's Manor for my Mesmer for example) ?Yes.Good to know !

Can you gear up with dungeons ? Which mean, doing them with a stuff rare for example or not stats-optimized.You don't need the best gear for completing them, though full exotic would be recommended to make it faster and easier.I was expecting to do them to get exotic stuff, so it will come with time, but I still need to check that to see if it's a good way to acquire stuff (I'm not really rich).

Are Elite spec mandatory or can you do them without ?No need for elite specs, though they do help.Good to know ! I'm working on my Elite spec, but I'm far to complete it right now :anguished:

Finally, what would be for you the best path to discover Exploration mode ?Just post an LFG, or bring some friends. Let people know you're new.And is there a dungeon/path you can recommend to begin or just ask to people ingame ? Or maybe a build to begin with (not a full one, but more ranged or closed for example) ?

Thanks a lot for your answers :smile:

Dungeons were originally balanced for 5 man core-class teams with exotic gear being best in slot. Outside of a few bug fixes and the changes from Defiance to Breakbars the dungeons are effectively in their original iteration. As in, you will still get trucked if you walk in with bad gear (greens, blues, whites) and aren't adopting to the deal with the mechanics if you only have access to core classes. Thus, if you bring ascended gear or any of the Elites Specs you are only making the content easier for your team as you have more tools and damage potential to work with. Most Elite-class teams can just melt everything before anything challenging kicks in.

Ok, I tried the first path of Ascalonians Catacombs yesterday and it was a nice experience. We were only 4 (2 lv80 and 2 lv45) because a lv31 got kicked, and the first boss goes pretty well (a spider queen who makes me dance :smile: ), but we wipe in a trapped corridor and everyone need to disconnect because we can't warp while damaged by the trap :/Beside that, it was a nice experience who reassure me : I think the first dungeons are feasible at least with my stuff, I just need to be cautious and to find a good group :smile: But this stupid wipe only motivate me to do better, so I will try again until I did it ! And it will be a way to acquire better stuff too :smile:So, thanks for your help and if anyone want to join me in a run, I'm always happy to group :smiley:

Archived