Give DH a version of Warrior's Sprint - "Hunter's Sprint"

mrauls.6519

@"mrauls.6519" said:Make the Heavy Light GM trait baseline and create a new trait called Hunter's Sprint. It should give 25% movement speed whenever using a longbow and remove cripple on weapon swap.

BOOM!!

I have even more aggressive idea for movement speed. It should be on a mediation line minor. There is a reason why every guardian build, except bunker FB, uses either lynx or traveler runes.

Regardless of what anet original concept regarding guardian, it is not remotely valid now adays.

DH really needs a trait for speed. The only reason I stay away from DH on WvW is its slowness. On PvE we have mounts and Fractals potions, but on WvW it is too slow. I also agree that Heavy Light should be baseline, but not sure if the speed trait should be in its place.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Make the Heavy Light GM trait baseline and create a new trait called Hunter's Sprint. It should give 25% movement speed whenever using a longbow and remove cripple on weapon swap.

BOOM!!

DH can already cover 2600 units distance near instantly (PvP/WvW roaming). In WvW you have 25% MS rune, same goes for PvP. In PvE u have mounts. No need to change anything, case closed.

@sarkysek.1085 said:

BOOM!!

DH can already cover 2600 units distance near instantly (PvP/WvW roaming). In WvW you have 25% MS rune, same goes for PvP. In PvE u have mounts. No need to change anything, case closed.

We're forced to run MS runes... It'd be nice to have rune options like everyone else for PvP/WvW

@sarkysek.1085 said:

DH can cover a distance of about 1800 near instantly. Once you start including f2 wings, and other leaps, you're starting to get into the time scale of 2+ seconds which is not instantly. Also, contrast this with the situation in which DH has nothing to target. Then it can cover a distance of about 800 to 1400 in 1 to 2 seconds (if it's lucky and has cooldowns).

@sarkysek.1085 said:

BOOM!!

Can you share with us this mythical build? And if it so fuckin mobile, please explain why the fuck does use lynx runes?

@otto.5684 said:

BOOM!!

Can you share with us this mythical build? And if it so fuckin mobile, please explain why the kitten does use lynx runes?

Standart meditrapper build. Lynx/Traveler rune is personal prefference, helps with traveling between points and so on, U can use pack for extra crit, but I never felt the need.

@Brutaly.6257 said:Just increase range to 600 on hammer 2 and make it ground targeted and make merciful intervention ground targeted and we are good to go. Imo more important than a passive speed buff but thats me.

Agree on hammer 2, or at least 450 range. As is right now Mighty Blow is actually a movement speed loss assuming you're not crippled/chill since there is a startup-delay that very momentarily roots you, as well as an aftercast that roots you.

While I'd love MI being ground-targeted, I think the mobility alone (even if you didn't get any heals from using the skill) would create balance issues.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Brutaly.6257 said:Just increase range to 600 on hammer 2 and make it ground targeted and make merciful intervention ground targeted and we are good to go. Imo more important than a passive speed buff but thats me.

Agree on hammer 2, or at least 450 range. As is right now Mighty Blow is actually a movement speed loss assuming you're not crippled/chill since there is a startup-delay that very momentarily roots you, as well as an aftercast that roots you.

While I'd love MI being ground-targeted, I think the mobility alone (even if you didn't get any heals from using the skill) would create balance issues.

I can see your point regarding MI but if one specialized build have the ability to disengage i think it rather easily can be balanced by tweaking other stuff in meditations.

Archived