Legendary Armor/Weapons

Genoshock.2104

@phokus.8934 said:We have access to legendary armor and weapons through pvp and wvw. Sure it's not the unique skins that you get from raiding but nor should it. It's fine now that we have different ways of obtaining legendary gear that's not tied to raiding.

This is coming from someone who has pve legendary armor ....But both Spvp and WvW should both have there own unique skins and i don't necessarily mean something as flashy as the pve that changes on equip or something but it still should feel just as rewarding to get it that way imo . Hell the only value a PVPER gets is the skin anyways but i am happy its in the game as is....but the skin should be updated to be a bit more unique and not anything like glorious lol

As others have said, you get access to the armor in pvp. Not the skins, but hardly anyone even uses the original skins cause they so bad lol. Except heavy, heavy looks good. And as for legendary weapons, I actually find it easier to craft in pvp the gold rewards are so high. I make more gold doing ranked than anything else in game.

@Coyote.8391 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:No one wears the legendary armor skin no more. NO ONE!says a lot...

uhhh... this isnt true lol

Yeah, I just saw someone wearing it. Fake news!

i mean im literally running around with it now lol (anyone who has it and doesnt wear it....you mean you spent that much money and time and effort and your not gonna show it off lol hard time believing that)

@Nova.3817 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:No one wears the legendary armor skin no more. NO ONE!says a lot...

i mean im literally running around with it now lol (anyone who has it and doesnt wear it....you mean you spent that much money and time and effort and your not gonna show it off lol hard time believing that)

You rocking the heavy set?The the light and medium are ugly. I made it literally as soon as i went live cause I had everything prepared for months and couldn't believe the direction they went in. Every now and then I think to myself, "why couldn't they have gotten the community's thoughts throughout the creation process?"

@Nova.3817 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:No one wears the legendary armor skin no more. NO ONE!says a lot...

Heck yeah! If I had it, you can bet I'd be showing it off, too! I think it looks pretty sweet on all three weights anyways. ;)

Congrats btw, I bet it was tough as nails to get.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:No one wears the legendary armor skin no more. NO ONE!says a lot...

You rocking the heavy set?The the light and medium are ugly. I made it literally as soon as i went live cause I had everything prepared for months and couldn't believe the direction they went in. Every now and then I think to myself, "why couldn't they have gotten the community's thoughts throughout the creation process?"

nah light i play necro main and play it WAYYYY more then anything else so i had to get it for light but light is still ok imo

no i agree with you on the medium is ugly but i actually dont mind the light (although it could be WAY better) i think they spent like 8 months on the heavy set 2 months on the light and a solid monday morning on the medium set lol

I made the light set also since I main mesmer. The Chest, legs, gloves, and boots all look stiff and look like heavy armor. If i didn't know it was light, i would honestly think it was heavy armor. I hate it. The butt cape is like it got scaffolding in it. And it makes my character's breasts look way too big. Might have looked good if my character had a butt to match, but she got a flat butt and that big chest piece, she look like pamela anderson after a dozen of her surgeries.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I made the light set also since I main mesmer. The Chest, legs, gloves, and boots all look stiff and look like heavy armor. If i didn't know it was light, i would honestly think it was heavy armor. I hate it. The butt cape is like it got scaffolding in it. And it makes my character's breasts look way too big. Might have looked good if my character had a butt to match, but she got a flat butt and that big chest piece, she look like pamela anderson after a dozen of her surgeries.

Omg, do you have screenshots by any chance? ?

Nope, i couldn't make an imgurl account for some reason. Idk why i always have trouble on that site. But you just gotta equip your chest on a female model, and youll see how it makes the chest protrude out. Gives female sylvari a much bigger bust. idk about other races. I personally like my girls pear shaped, more bottom heavy than top heavy, so i hate the chest piece. But i think the shoulders and helm could have been good, if they allowed proper dying of the crystals. But crystals can't really be dyed so, it's just all around a bad set. And they spend so much time making it. A big waste of resources honestly if you're not gonna get the community's feedback along the way.

@Coyote.8391 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I made the light set also since I main mesmer. The Chest, legs, gloves, and boots all look stiff and look like heavy armor. If i didn't know it was light, i would honestly think it was heavy armor. I hate it. The butt cape is like it got scaffolding in it. And it makes my character's breasts look way too big. Might have looked good if my character had a butt to match, but she got a flat butt and that big chest piece, she look like pamela anderson after a dozen of her surgeries.

Omg, do you have screenshots by any chance? ?

waiting for this ^

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Armor doesnt matter for pvp i vote no...no need for it.....what it should be is juat a skin...u shoulsnt be able to change stats since stats on armor dont matter for pvp....a legendary skin would make more sence for pvp then actual armor.

meh i disagree just bc you earn it in spvp doesnt mean it should not be useful elsewhere.... but legendary armor in pvp should be just as difficult to obtain as it would be doing the pve set...

@Nova.3817 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Armor doesnt matter for pvp i vote no...no need for it.....what it should be is juat a skin...u shoulsnt be able to change stats since stats on armor dont matter for pvp....a legendary skin would make more sence for pvp then actual armor.

meh i disagree just bc you earn it in spvp doesnt mean it should not be useful elsewhere.... but legendary armor in pvp should be just as difficult to obtain as it would be doing the pve set...

A skin is very usefull in pve. It something that not everyone will be able to get giving it prestige and that should be the only reward for ranked pvp prestige, not loot boxes. Its ranked competitive league you either win and get rewards or try harder. None of this i need stuff just for participation baby bs.

I am no where near being on the top 250 but i still want nothing but pure league no gimmicks or funky participation rewards.

I'm glad that they're not just skins. I mainly play PvP, but I do rather often venture out into WvW rather often (and you actually stat swap a lot there) and to a lesser extent into PvE.It's nice that there's options for everyone to enjoy. Curious for the PvP Armor 2.5 skins though... Hopefully they look decent.

Archived