I'll pass

vorpal.1497

Not that anyone cares but some reasons why I can't stomach gw2 anymore. The new builds are unfun, aoe stun on war, aoe stun on engi, 800 range 5 sec stun from thief, 15k+ spike dmg (to someone with toughness amulet) from thief, ranger, necro.

No new maps (it's not hard to imagine new stuff e.g. a map that forces duels by having 4 nodes @mid), no leaderboards or stats after 5 years, maybe one PROPER balance patch every 2 years (the patches where they buff crappy unused/bugged skills do not count as balance). Also the 500+ ms latency in pvp starting 2-3 months ago has been not unplayable but one of many papercuts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at this read Vorpal,Posted 3 years ago

"GW2 has very deep-seated issues that are a natural consequence of many different game mechanics and design decisions made (intentionally or not) during development. I will always give this game credit for having wild ambition (and for being the wonderful Mesmer’s second outing) but it is frankly impossible to ignore GW2’s gaping flaws"."Damage output across the board is much too high (probably as a consequence of ANet refusing to split PvE/PvP). This and a lack of cast bars on otherwise poorly-telegraphed attacks also leads to tremendous amounts of block and evade uptime to keep the TTK ratio from becoming completely obscene. Since every class has to have a bit of A and a touch of B, conditions like burning are completely trivialized and end up becoming this constant source of blind pressure damage like so many other passive factors".

"Skills have little situational use, and thanks to the lack of a mana system there’s often a low (to non-existent in the case of “condition” builds) opportunity cost, meaning many are just chained off cooldown. For the Mes we really lost the ability to control and set up spikes as well as dominate the direction of a team engagement, in exchange for gimmicks like stealth which don’t carry to competitive-level play. The lowered skill ceiling hurts the natural drive players have to better themselves at their class".

"What it boils down to, though, is that because of the way a lot of things interplay in this game — because of the existence of certain equipment and specs — there’s really little difference in effectiveness between an average player and a skilled one. I confess that myself and many friends have had trouble guessing whether a particularly effective decision was made by a player intentionally or just through sheer dumb luck. In my view events in this game tend to be due to the latter more often than not".

"Specs are so simple to play and so strong right out of the box that someone new to said spec can toy around for a couple hours and achieve comparable results to someone who’s been playing the same class for six months. This cold truth effectively natches competition and quells any desire to log in for practice, and so players eventually just don’t log in".

Shimmerless.

@Burnfall.9573 said:Take a look at this read Vorpal,Posted 3 years agoFor the Mes we really lost the ability to control as well as dominate the direction of a team engagement, in exchange for gimmicks like stealth which don’t carry to competitive-level play.

Guy mustve been a mes like me some of us really got a lot to say. However for the people saying poor tells a casting bar tells you everything. Theres enough instant casts in this game to really make me rage looking at casting bar for rupts. There was nothing like anticipating woh to blow my pd on patient spirit.

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:I just cant stand but completely laughing whenever is see a nerf deadeye post. the rifle build is literal kitten. It gets destroyed by literally everything. how are you having this much an issue with this. HOW.

This is a lie. 20k crits are so fine. Ofc deadeye needs nerfing

@Balerios.3679 said:

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:you should be making posts about spellbreaker and scourge dude. they are the real threats.

Yeah! So are Deadeyes that kill a 28k hp pool in 2 sec . Firebrands with 10000 blocks and 10000000 fire stacks. And i can go on

Doesn't a Deadeye need a lot of set up to get crits that big? Definitely need to be aware of them and target them when they post up on the edge of a team fight, but if you attack them they tend to die. Maybe all the ones I've faced and been playing with are just bad.

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:you should be making posts about spellbreaker and scourge dude. they are the real threats.

Yeah! So are Deadeyes that kill a 28k hp pool in 2 sec . Firebrands with 10000 blocks and 10000000 fire stacks. And i can go on

Doesn't a Deadeye need a lot of set up to get crits that big? Definitely need to be aware of them and target them when they post up on the edge of a team fight, but if you attack them they tend to die. Maybe all the ones I've faced and been playing with are just bad.

Yeah probably . My point is that by the time im aware of them im dead. Cause that takes max 2-3 sec.

I think ANet gave up on PvP after the $500k fiasco, which is a shame because I do think it has potential, build diversity has always been this game's strength. Well, until recently.

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

They don't really need a lot of setup, but Death's Judgement is easily telegraphed, you hear a clear sound that gives you plenty of time to dodge it.

@Balerios.3679 said:

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

Yeah probably . My point is that by the time im aware of them im dead. Cause that takes max 2-3 sec.

To get crust that large the Deadeye has to have you Marked 1/2 sec Cast time has Giant target over your head and at feet(it's a dark red/orange, and looks like an Eye with crosshairs btw), has to have max Malice anywhere from 14-28 secs depending on if they are attacking or not, then the really obvious dark Red/Orange laser of Death's Judgement. At 3/4 sec Cast time. Yeah that setup is 2-3 seconds..

I don't even play Deadeye because it is so bad, let's not forget Anet Nerfed another skill because no one was using Death's Judgement.

@Daharahj.1325 said:I think ANet gave up on PvP after the $500k fiasco, which is a shame because I do think it has potential, build diversity has always been this game's strength. Well, until recently.

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

They don't really need a lot of setup, but Death's Judgement is easily telegraphed, you hear a clear sound that gives you plenty of time to dodge it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iC9r-cIC544

32k.... yeah that’s fine (& he hits for 20k just a few seconds after lol. so even if the mesmer dodged the 32k hit, the 20k that followed would have killed them lol)

if you full buff it it can hit for over 100k (im not joking) but that’s very unlikely to ever happen

tbh, i really dont think any single hit skill should hit for over 10k (maybe 15k, but that’s pushing it imo). over that is just far too much damage for one hit

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

To get crust that large the Deadeye has to have you Marked 1/2 sec Cast time has Giant target over your head and at feet(it's a dark red/orange, and looks like an Eye with crosshairs btw), has to have max Malice anywhere from 14-28 secs depending on if they are attacking or not, then the really obvious dark Red/Orange laser of Death's Judgement. At 3/4 sec Cast time. Yeah that setup is 2-3 seconds..

I don't even play Deadeye because it is so bad, let's not forget Anet Nerfed another skill because no one was using Death's Judgement.

I know when i die and obviously i can count it. Deadeyes pvp damage is broken

@Balerios.3679 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

@Omcrazy.4756 said:

@Balerios.3679 said:

I know when i die and obviously i can count it. Deadeyes pvp damage is broken

Im playing pvp a lot . Noone ever killed me that fast before. . This is broken. They need to nerf deadeye

32k damage? Try this build doing over 43k damage. Come back to me when Anet decides to take balance seriously. This build was posted during the expansion beta test. That's correct during path of fire beta test where bugs, glitches or other issues discovered in beta testing be addressed before the its official release. That should tell you see where Anet balance is.

"Guild Wars 2 ???? DEADEYE 43K+ ONESHOT BUILD! [GER]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu1LsvTiWWI

@Burnfall.9573 said:32k damage? Try this build doing over 43k damage. Come back to me when Anet decides to take balance seriously.

"Guild Wars 2 ???? DEADEYE 43K+ ONESHOT BUILD! [GER]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu1LsvTiWWI

Did the DE in your video get downed by the rev bot? I had it on silent, was that on purpose or....?

Pretty big crits, but that first shot didn't show all the build up necessary. DE does massive damage if left ignored. That's why you don't just let them set up and shoot uncontested. Of course people playing like target dummies are going to complain about damage.

I think folks saying they die in 2s are not understanding how the DE was allowed to just sit and snipe untouched for the entire team fight leading up to that.

Frankly, I love targeting DE. Gets me out of the Scourge mess because DE is always off alone in some out of the way corner. So I can smush him safely and not have to deal with that mess left by Scourge.

So my question to Anet is: what was the reasoning behind path of fire open beta where your testers: your player base had reported broken overpowered builds with bad design mechanics which can be abused by spamming endlessly? Where bugs are being openly exploited and shared directly to you in open dialog in the forums? Isn't the reasoning with having a beta test is to address problems that need to be solved? Isn't the reasoning with having a beta test is to take feedbacks?

For the past 5 years, what have you done with your customers feedbacks?For the past 5 years, why aren't you resolving problems addressed by your customers?

Isn't the goal of customers is to love your product?

Than why are you forcing your player base to hate your game?

Resulting in your player base in leaving the game, is that your goal?

The design behind Deadeye is very questionable, the spec itself screams feast or famine where it'll either stomp inexperienced players or be useless against competent ones. This is a very old concept that PvP games have been moving away from for years, so it's inexcusable at this point.

GW2 is a PvE game first and a PvP game second, so unfortunately these things are bound to happen.

@Daharahj.1325 said:The design behind Deadeye is very questionable, the spec itself screams feast or famine where it'll either stomp inexperienced players or be useless against competent ones. This is a very old concept that PvP games have been moving away from for years, so it's inexcusable at this point.

GW2 is a PvE game first and a PvP game second, so unfortunately these things are bound to happen.

Same goes to any profession. Fact is deadeye is op and broken and needs nerf. Like sqourge firebrand and spellbreaker

@ People crying about Deadeye, by all means, please create one and see what it takes to actually even get a single one of these shots, count the amounts of time that windows happen during a single match, in a real environement (you know, not aiming at an AFK guy). See how long you actually live running a build meant to only buff your "oneshot" damage (you know like that German Golem Slayer guy).

See how long you live with any kind of soldier professions bashing your face.

Please, all massively reroll Deadeye, crappy ones are such easy kills, there's very little i enjoy more right now than Deadeye duels because its one of the few builds that actually dies in SPvP right now in a swarm of Scourges and Scrappers.

Archived