Close to Marauder stats?

Sylent.3165

Just curious as I'm way to broke to afford crafting right now what's the closest match of buyable armor with gold or karma to get Marauder stats?

I do have a full set of zerkers jewelry to use as well and I am ok using armor runes to boost health at a small sacrifice of power.

Thanks!!

Its kind of not really possible to get an equivalent balance of stats for marauders using 3-stats. And definitely not with cheap Exotics.

The problem is that theres no proper stat combination that can trade Fer for Vit while balancing power and Per. Even with runes. Theres also a stronger leaning to Fer over Vit in every scenario I've been able to come up with for the current stat combos in armor.

If you're ok with this split, this was as close as I could get to a base line using a Tou/Vit mix.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAkkUUhaqAA-jlRLAB7rEEANE6pqDPK/cTtAq0BIIAWB-w

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations#Attribute_bonuses_at_level_80

If your class has alot of crit boosts you can use Berserker gear with PVT trinkets, and that's about as close as you'll get to having surviability on a max-power setup. I do this on my Deadeye and still have 100% crit chance while kneeling, though ferocity suffers somewhat.

There's just no way around actually crafting four/six-stat sets..that's why they're so difficult to create.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Sylent.3165 said:Just curious as I'm way to broke to afford crafting right now what's the closest match of buyable armor with gold or karma to get Marauder stats?

I do have a full set of zerkers jewelry to use as well and I am ok using armor runes to boost health at a small sacrifice of power.

Thanks!!

What class and for what game mode?

Daredevil with a staff

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Among ascended trinkets, the "Berserker and Valkyrie" stat block is sort of a proto-Marauder.

This.

Rings you can get cheap from running some daily fractals, so shouldn't take any gold and just 1-4 days depending on if T1 or T4 fractals.

Amulett would be some gold for ectoe and Laurel.

That is obviously if you do not have access to Living World Season 3, which would make getting trinkets overall a lot easier.

@Sylent.3165 said:

@Sylent.3165 said:Just curious as I'm way to broke to afford crafting right now what's the closest match of buyable armor with gold or karma to get Marauder stats?

Thanks!!

What class and for what game mode?

Daredevil with a staff

You didn't mention which game mode... But for thief specs, there's really no way around it, especially one that's cheaper than Marauders. You could, maybe get away with a mix of Assassin's, Berserkers and Valkyrie. But it's not going to be the same.

Thanks!!

Buy valkyrie armor. the stats for that is power vitality ferocity. Mixed with everything else berserker and you should come close to marauder.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

Thanks!!

Buy valkyrie armor. the stats for that is power vitality ferocity. Mixed with everything else berserker and you should come close to marauder.

That's what I ended up doing and got some runes of the ranger and another random precision one and worked out well!

Thanks!!

Valkyrie and berserker gear. Both can be purchased with gold or karma. Usually going full marauder in open world PvE is waste of resources. You only do that for wvw.

If you WvW you can run the Triumphant reward track multiple times and get stat selectable exotic gear where you can choose Marauder. From there, you can trade up to Ascended later after you have levelled crafting. In addition, after a very long time and a LOT of WvW that ascended can be upgraded to Legendary. Good luck I hope you find your gear solution.

Since we're talking about Marauder set for a Daredevil staff (although we're in the general discussion section), which runes would you suggest? Time ago I crafted a full set of marauder, but it still lies in my inventory 'cause I never decided what runes to buy. (I mostly run open PvE and some WvW, but deadeye in WvW)The stats are the following (without considering any sigil or utility skill - so probably a +7~15% crit can be added, I don't use food):

1. Spellbreaker (70,57% crit / 207,33% fero / 2347 pow / 17,9k vit / +7% dmg to foes with no boons)
  2. Eagle (74,14% crit / 214,53 % fero / 2172 pow / 17.9k vit / +6% dmg to foes with <50% health)
  3. Ogre (65,81% crit / 209% fero / 2347 pow / 17,9k vit / +4% dmg)
  4. Exuberance (70,1% crit / 206,67% fero / 2299 pow / 19,7k vit / - )

Currently I use the runes of the Pack (71,76% crit / 207,53% fero / 2347 pow / 17,9k vit / +30% swift) but I bought them when I played core thief, before PoF. Now that we have mounts and I use Unhindered Combatant, I probably don't need the swiftness boon anymore (unless they nerf Unhindered again). Maybe with a DeadEye in WvW, not sure thou. Sorry if OT.

Well, figuring how the different crit % impact the total damage was quite difficult, so I did some math. So just to answer my own question, in case someone else was also interested in those runes, here are the results. The number is the damage done after using 20 times the Staff #2.

1. Spellbreaker7___ 91,28k (considering the 7% bonus to a foe with no boons, so pretty much unobtainable in WvW and against PoF's champions)
  2. Ogre__ 86,76k
  3. Pack__ 85,99k
  4. Eagle__ 85,57k (considering a flat +3% damage)
  5. Spellbreaker0___ 85,30k (without the 7% bonus)
  6. Exuberance_____ 83,16k

Then I calculated the damage (always for 20 hits) after adding some additional boost (+7% crit + signet of agility, +5% damage + assassin's signet), to see if higher values of ferocity/crit would have a bigger impact, thanks also to the trait Practiced Tolerance (10% prec -> fero).

1. Spellbreaker7___113,66k
  2. Ogre_____ 108,12k
  3. Eagle_____ 107,32k
  4. Pack_____ 107,03k
  5. Spellbreaker0___106,22k
  6. Exuberance____ 103,67k

With higher crit/fero the Eagle is a bit better than the Pack, although I must say that all of them are more or less on par. The Exuberance though, doesn't really justify the much higher cost, at least for thieves, that have a low starting HP.

How is it the rune of the ogre? Is there a risk that the hound keeps you in combat mode even if you just want to run away?

Archived