How to play against DE and Soulbeast, burst Guard

Catchyfx.5768

Hi there,

im trying to do more PvP these days and I have a huge problem. There are new ultra burst build for these specs and i literally die with full shroud on.In teamfights its 1 sec and 2x20k. Most of the time im out of dodge cuz everything hurts.What to do against this? is there some tanky build that helps me live more then 2 sec after SB targets me? rly unfun. I dont have a problem play against other specs and class its fun(except condi mesmer...) but these 3 are insta 25k+full shroud to 0 in sec or two, most of the time while stuned.

Ty

Can you post your build?

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

There is an spvp meme about targeting the necro, don't stand in front of your allies.

Often the issue with necro is that it's easy to chain cc, so generating some stability or stun breaks helps.

Everything you mentioned having trouble with is power damage, so Demolisher's would server you better than say Marauder's because of toughness.

Soul Reaping offers some options for countering burst. Last Gasp stunbreaks and applies protection, vital persistence is solid, and foot in the grave is a stun break with stability. You could also use spectral mastery with spectral grasp and spectral armor (protection and stun break). I've had a lot of fun dropping spectral wall on points, which grants party protection.

SB's big trick is nuking with sic 'em (+40% damage), that's the icon to watch for. Once sic 'em is on cooldown, SBs lose an awful lot. Often SB's use longbows, and you can use line of sight to avoid them.

DE typically spams stealth, and for all the flack base necro gets, Death Shroud 5 will reveal them. Death Shroud 3 is a fear that's instacast and works while cc'd. Spectral Grasp will interrupt/pull them to you (and generate life force, which is hard in spvp!) if they're trying to rifle you down, and scourge can unload shroud skills or reaper can reaper shroud 5 or chilled to the bone them. Similarly reaper can also use greatsword 5, which is surprisingly good.

I'm not convinced burst guard is a thing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kZTocTsdTwnGgeTsgLYQXtAwBIuK2FDjUph2wzC-jJxHAB2XG47nAAAnCgT2fAA

My build, i play lot of 1v1 in wvw thats not rly much problém i can win most thé fights but teamfights in PVP Are hell for me, nothing where i can hide So i die first, not new to game but after past patch these 3 builds i cannot survive nor even right sometimes

Guard is problém fór me if i didnt see him in time, otherwise IT Is ok Match up

@Nimon.7840 said:Take out yaaw? It's in my opinion the worst shout necro has.Play spectral armor instead. Higher cd but way more useful.

if you hit 5 it has pretty low CD and you know. Beign pingpong ball suxs so need lot of stunbreak. I run Spectral armor instead Well of Power if 1v1 or roaming but you know there is lot of mirages so for team.

Well of Power is only useful if you're afraid of condis, which typically necros are not. Even then, you're usually better off with plague signet. Like Nimon said, I'd drop YAAW. It feels like you're just carrying that shout because you took the trait.

You might look into Rune of the Herald since you seem to be trying to stack boons. It's also another source of protection, which would counter burst. It would also make spectral armor that much more useful. Rune of the Earth is also an option for reflects, which can mitigate some of the threat from SB or DE projectiles.

Your build is severely lacking in necro-themed defenses. Here are few ways to defend proper:

• DOOOOOOOOOODGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • corrupt their boons - burst ain't burst if it's without max might stacks on it (or at least close ot it), fury and maybe some quickness - rip or corrupt those
  • cc them - nothing like a nice fear to stop them in their tracks
  • weakness - one of the biggest middle fingers you can erect vs power builds - their amazing crit can drop to less then 1/4 damage when this triggers. Corrosive poison cloud and Weakening Shroud (trait) are go to sources of it.
  • protection and other damage reducers - pretty self explanatory. As necro you have bountiful access to protection if you build for it
  • blinds - well of darkness or/and reaper's nightfall
  • foot in the grave + speed of shadows + shroud - breaks stun, breaks immob, you're free to dodge their burst.
  • spectral armor + shroud - unless a given hit depletes shroud, it'll take 50% of damage your health would. Your enemies can't do nothing about it. Slab some protection + 8% life force regen each second if you're getting hit and things will get way tankier.
  • Paladin amulet - gives both toughness and vitality. Vitality is very good for your shroud. As said before, as long as it doesn't deplete your life force down to 0, any hit will deal only 50% to it of what it would normally. Bigger life force pool = harder to quicky deplete it and ergo lot more damage gets eaten up by it.
  • stick close to your team, don't rush into the enemy. If yout team's got brains they will protect you.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Your build is severely lacking in necro-themed defenses. Here are few ways to defend proper:

• DOOOOOOOOOODGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • corrupt their boons - burst ain't burst if it's without max might stacks on it (or at least close ot it), fury and maybe some quickness - rip or corrupt those
  • cc them - nothing like a nice fear to stop them in their tracks
  • weakness - one of the biggest middle fingers you can erect vs power builds - their amazing crit can drop to less then 1/4 damage when this triggers. Corrosive poison cloud and Weakening Shroud (trait) are go to sources of it.
  • protection and other damage reducers - pretty self explanatory. As necro you have bountiful access to protection if you build for it
  • blinds - well of darkness or/and reaper's nightfall

The interval they apply blind is way to slow against thiefes. They can port in, hit you for 10k, port out without getting blinded.

• foot in the grave + speed of shadows + shroud - breaks stun, breaks immob, you're free to dodge their burst.
  • spectral armor + shroud - unless a given hit depletes shroud, it'll take 50% of damage your health would. Your enemies can't do nothing about it. Slab some protection + 8% life force regen each second if you're getting hit and things will get way tankier.
  • Paladin amulet - gives both toughness and vitality. Vitality is very good for your shroud. As said before, as long as it doesn't deplete your life force down to 0, any hit will deal only 50% to it of what it would normally. Bigger life force pool = harder to quicky deplete it and ergo lot more damage gets eaten up by it.
  • stick close to your team, don't rush into the enemy. If yout team's got brains they will protect you.

Archived