How to get addons for DPS + HP numbers?

Nyel.1843

I just saw some DPS videos and the guys there are using DPS meters and tools that show not only percentages but real numbers of enemies HP. Can I have something similar as a "normal" player? Or is this something ANet doesn't want to? I am asking because I am really into trying new things all by myself and adjusting my builds without using the usual metas - that's what I use DPS meters for. To see how much impact different skills in my builds have.

Can somebody help me with this?

@Nyel.1843 said:Just clicked the link... this sounds very complicated. Is there no easier way to achieve what I want?

Don't be intimidated. I'll walk you through it.

Go to this page: https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/x64/Click on the file called "d3d9.dll" and it will download that single file. Now copy it. Now right-click your GW2 desktop shortcut and click "open file location". You'll see a folder called "bin64". Open that folder. Paste d3d9.dll inside of that folder. You now have arcdps. You should note that it needs constant updates as the game is patched and you'll need to wait for the developer to do that, so you'll find yourself going to that page often to redownload the file and paste it back again.

Edit: as it stands, arcdps may not work, as it still needs an update for a recent patch.

Archived