Suggestion: Expand Exuberant Dye Pack options

I don't understand why the Celebratory Dye Pack (3rd Birthday Gift reward) has 10 different dye kits to choose from, while the Exuberant (5th Birthday Gift reward) has only a measly 4 dye kits available. At this point I have unlocked all the dyes from those 4 kits, which renders the Exuberant Dye Pack worthless to me (since the dyes are account bound), and since that is far and away the most valuable component of the Birthday Gifts, the entire 5th Birthday is relatively useless.

Many of the dye kits remain unavailable from any dye pack, while some others are available from multiple dye packs. I assume the upcoming 6th Birthday gifts will have a new dye pack that hopefully includes some of the previously-unavailable dye kits. However, that doesn't address the problem with the stinginess of the Exuberant Dye Pack's offerings.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:They seem great to me, as I don't buy Dyes on the TP or in the Gem Store. YMMV.

It's great that loyalty rewards feel so rewarding to players who don't spend cash. But I think one could easily argue that they should also be rewarding to players who do spend cash. Of course, this could have been avoided by not purchasing so many dyes, but then again is that really ideal from ANet's perspective? A relatively minor detail, in the big scheme of things, but adding more dye kits to the loyalty rewards isn't an unreasonable request, in my opinion.

It is strange indeed that the Exuberant dye pack has fewer (and based on values of the dyes, worse [than Jubilant]) options. A few things they could do:

1) Add the previous year's dye pack as a choice. ie. Exuberant can choose Jubilant dye pack. Jubilant can pick Celebratory dye pack.2) Let us forge two? lower dye packs into one higher. Dye pack + Dye pack + Augur's stone + Unid dye, for example.3) Add an alternative reward to select such as a pack of 5 Black lion keys or Wardrobe Unlock.

@Glacial.9516 said:It is strange indeed that the Exuberant dye pack has fewer (and based on values of the dyes, worse [than Jubilant]) options. A few things they could do:

1) Add the previous year's dye pack as a choice. ie. Exuberant can choose Jubilant dye pack. Jubilant can pick Celebratory dye pack.2) Let us forge two? lower dye packs into one higher. Dye pack + Dye pack + Augur's stone + Unid dye, for example.3) Add an alternative reward to select such as a pack of 5 Black lion keys or Wardrobe Unlock.

I like all of those suggestions, tbh. Those or simply add more options to the Exuberant dye pack. Any would make the gift worth something to someone who has all the dyes (and there are only 24, which is fewer than the number of alts I have).

Archived