Where will we go next?

Evil.1580

Hey guys,I'm checking the Lore forum and its kinda boring. We need to discuss the important things :)With that said, where do you think we will have to go next, in the few more episodes and eventually in the 3rd expansion?What are we going to do there?I personally think the next few episodes will eventually lead us to the north, maybe northeast parts of Tyria where we will eventually cross our paths with Jormag.Jormag and Primordus are the only weakness of each other. And considering the stated dragon weakness was the way we actually defeat the previous 2 dragons, I think we will see some kind of very interesting equilibrium between these 2, without killing them. But this should take part in the next living season or even EXP4, maybe even later?Also, I just saw this map from the wiki:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/46/Tyria_map_%28clean%29.jpgDon't you think it is kinda expanded at the east side? When you open it in the game you can't see half of these areas.P.S After looking closer at it I see a clear map layout in the very east part of it:https://ibb.co/mSa8heIf you look closer you will find many other, similar to this one with specific paintings which are different from the standard uncovered map areas.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Hey guys,I'm checking the Lore forum and its kinda boring. We need to discuss the important things :)With that said, where do you think we will have to go next, in the few more episodes and eventually in the 3rd expansion?What are we going to do there?I personally think the next few episodes will eventually lead us to the north, maybe northeast parts of Tyria where we will eventually cross our paths with Jormag.Jormag and Primordus are the only weakness of each other. And considering the stated dragon weakness was the way we actually defeat the previous 2 dragons, I think we will see some kind of very interesting equilibrium between these 2, without killing them. But this should take part in the next living season or even EXP4, maybe even later?Also, I just saw this map from the wiki:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/46/Tyria_map_%28clean%29.jpgDon't you think it is kinda expanded at the east side? When you open it in the game you can't see half of these areas.P.S After looking closer at it I see a clear map layout in the very east part of it:https://ibb.co/mSa8heIf you look closer you will find many other, similar to this one with specific paintings which are different from the standard uncovered map areas.

I think that because Jormag and Primordus are each other’s weakness, I suspect we will have an expansion dealing with both of them at the same time. Kinda like how it was teased in S3.

The Charr Homelands map is listed so maybe some TITANS! return? Also, Deldrimor Front map listed so maybe dwarves and destroyers. I've already put my bid in for the Unending Ocean and an Atlantis type adventure although many people frown on it because of previous OTHER games being bad. Hopefully ANET can re-write the book on underater gaming. I would love to look up and not see stars but the ocean above the domed city and all its enormous myrid sea creatures.

If we go to the charr homelands, that would suggest either jormag reawakens causing fresh devastation across from his traditional territory or we chase kralk back up north for whatever reason. Primordus was put to sleep in the ring of fire and even if he resurfaced, there is no logic in moving back across to areas of lower magic. He will stay close by or move to somewhere he can drain magic/leyline energy from.

I dont think Bubbles is on the horizon at all. My hope is for a Far North expansion. Combined with ls5, that could give us a pretty wide area to explore if you include the charr homelands as a then side story instead of Dragon focussed.

@Randulf.7614 said:If we go to the charr homelands, that would suggest either jormag reawakens causing fresh devastation across from his traditional territory or we chase kralk back up north for whatever reason. Primordus was put to sleep in the ring of fire and even if he resurfaced, there is no logic in moving back across to areas of lower magic. He will stay close by or move to somewhere he can drain magic/leyline energy from.

I dont think Bubbles is on the horizon at all. My hope is for a Far North expansion. Combined with ls5, that could give us a pretty wide area to explore if you include the charr homelands as a then side story instead of Dragon focussed.

So much undiscovered territories there. A lot of content to put and I think, too, it is time to get involved with the Far Shiverpeaks and Blood Legion homeland.

Tossing my hat into the mix? I'm hoping for something to draw us east of Elona/the Crystal Desert, using the Forgotten or another ancient race as a hook. I don't think it's likely, mind, but of the dozen regions we can explore in-game, only one of them is something that isn't retreading ground from GW1, and that was back at launch. I think I'm ready for something new.

The main plot, too, feels like it's in dire need of a shakeup. The general shape of the meta-arc (killing dragons is damaging, so we're going to use Glint's children to control the damage) has been visible since S2E5; for going on four years, we've been crawling towards that solution at a glacial pace, without much to distract from how bloody long it's taking to get there. I'd like something to make that fresh again; not a detour, like Balthazar or Joko, where dealing with them entails a complete stop to working towards our goal or taking actions that put that goal even further out of reach, but something that changes our game plan, or even better, gives us a game plan instead of having us wandering blind, knowing where we need to get but having not a clue how to get there. I would like to learn about what the Forgotten thought replacing an Elder Dragon actually entails, or why they couldn't pull it off last cycle and the Seers went with the Bloodstone solution instead, or the much more modern problem of how we're going to get around only having one baby dragon to work with. Something that changes our understanding of what we have to do.

EDIT: All of that wasn't an answer to your question. What I think is likely to happen... as far as new zones go, I think the next episode will be a transition, showing what Joko's fall has done to Elona while also incorporating the Branded- northern Kourna seems the clear front-runner to me. I would guess we've got two episodes after that, and that one of them will bring us closer to Kralkatorrik's position at the current terminus of the Dragonbrand, even if we can't quite get there. I also think, at some point before the season ends, we're going to find information that sheds light on these changes Aurene is going through and what the implications might be. My bet is a Forgotten ruin/repository, possibly in the map focusing on Kralkatorrik or possibly requiring us to go elsewhere, maybe to Thirsty River, which would have the benefit of being another map with Branded influence. If they instead want to vary up this season's setting and make further use of the assets they developed for the Desert Highlands and Deepstone, we might head to the Deldrimor Front to pursue a lead on the Brotherhood of the Dragon (which would also give them an opportunity to define the Brotherhood's, and Ogden's, place in Glint's Legacy).

Expansion 3, I think, is going to depend on Kralkatorrik's standing at the end of S4. If he's still the threat he currently is, I think he's going to be the major focus, but there's not enough space in his current position for an entire expansion. If that's the case, I could see three possibilities. We could veer northwest, with the expansion expanding to include most of Dajkah and the Scavenger's Causeway, with ancient Elonian/djinn/Orrian knowledge likely featuring prominently in the story. We could drive straight west into Dajkah and the ocean, with the campaign encompassing both Kralkatorrik and an aquatic threat, be it a rebuilt krait empire, the DSD's dramatic emergence, or a new threat out of left field. Or perhaps Kralkatorrik lifts off and heads somewhere far off- unusual for other elder dragons, but sudden journeys are becoming something of an MO for him. That could end up being whatever the devs want, but I think the most likely would be the Blood Legion Homelands, the Blazeridge Mountains, or both. Those are the two regions we've yet to visit that we know have unresolved ties to Kralkatorrik.

If Kralkatorrik is dealt with at the end of S4, or at least taken out of the picture, I'm not going to bother guessing. I don't think ANet would base an entire expansion solely on the unresolved business in Elona, so we'd be dealing with a new threat that'll be set up sometime in the second half of S4, possibly at the very left moment. Since those hints don't exist yet, speculating on them seems a futile endeavor- it's equally likely to be Cantha, Lyssa, the DSD, or one of Tyria's villain factions resurgent. Close your eyes and throw a dart.

I've written about this before, but as for the rest of Living World Season 4

-I expect episode 4 to take us to Jahai, and the area around Jahai, and deal with the fallout from Joko's death. Mainly, Elona in chaos now that we removed the only government the region has, while offering nothing to take its place. (which will probably be used to point out how what Joko said was right) The Order of Shadows will likely be involved, since this is the one thing they wanted to avoid. We will learn more about the Elonian Order of Whispers, who are said to still be active in the area south of Vabbi, and we will deal with Aurene changing, and then shift focus to Kralkatorik.

-Episode 5 is something of a wild card IMO. They could have us go to southern Istan, the Barbarous Shore, eastern Vabbi, the Hidden City, or even the Charr homelands where Kralkatorik was sleep previously, all for various reasons, and each of them would make sense story wise.

-Episode 6 will likely take us to the old Sunspear Sanctuary in Kourna, and the area around it such as the Sunward Marches, and Turi's Procession, and deal with us establishing a forward base, just outside of Kralkatorik's mountain domain, where we gather all of our allies before the final push, and maybe find a hidden centaur tribe or something and gain their support as well.

-Episode 7 will be the big final battle, where we, along with all of our Elonian Allies, and whatever Pact forces Logan can send to help us, will move on Mount Kralkatorik, to take down the dragon, and have Aurene take his place. After defeating Kralkatorik we will have the post-dragon-death celebration, which will have some sort of hook that ties into whatever the next expansion is.

-As for expansion 4, there are three major things I could see them doing.

1. Kralkatorik's death releases enough magical energy into the world that it causes Jormag to reawaken, and start to move again. This causes us to shift focus to the Far Shiverpeaks region where he is resting, and Expansion 4, and its accompanying Living World season, will be set there, in the Charr homelands are, and the Verdant cascades.

2. Similar to 1, Kralkatorik's death releases enough magical energy that it causes Primordus to reawaken, and start to move again. This causes us to go to the Deldremor Front area, to find old dawrven tunnels that reach far down enough into Primordus's Territory. Expansion 4 will take place briefly in the Deldrimor Front area, but be mostly set underground in old Dwarven/Asuran lands, likely featuring the ruins of one of the Asuran's old great cities.

3. Either Lion's Arch is visited by some half wrecked Canthan ship saying that bubbles is attacking Cantha because reasons, or the Tengu decide now that all the dragons in the region are either dead or asleep, now is the time to try to reclaim their ancient homelands, and thus start some move to go back to Cantha where they discover that bubbles is attacking Cantha because reasons. Either way, Expansion 4 goes to Cantha so we can deal with the xenophobic Dragon Empire, and the Dragon of the depths.

Anywhere but friggin Cantha. Elona was enough of a humancentric love-letter to GW1 fans and their nostalgia.

Time to tread new, exciting ground and focus on the non-human, non-Sylvari (as they had their limelight in HoT) races.

Preferably the Norns in my opinion.

I really couldn't say. I'm not very good at predicting the direction this game goes in.

Judging how episode 3 resolved, I could see us focus on tying up loose ends with Kralk - likely empowering Aurene in his place. The result of that could awaken some of the sleeping dragons.

I think Jormag + the far shiverpeaks and charr homelands are most popular, though for all intents and purposes I find the Olmakhan much more interesting. I suppose we could find new factions/cultures of charr that stayed behind in those areas, but I don't find the PC charr's culture all that compelling if it'll just be more of the same. I feel like Norn could use a lot of development and a closer look at their spirits of the wild; I'd love to see their lore developed more. Make them feel less like "big Scandinavians" maybe lol.

I do think an underwater/bubble expansion is on the horizon, but I'd predict that would come in expansion 4 or 5, if we get that far. I think the recent aquatic skills update is an early prep for that. We might see more underwater elements in LS maps and the next expansion, probably testing ideas out for a bubbles expansion down the line. That makes the most sense to me, at least.

I would certainly love to go to Cantha again, but I think we should do some heavy legwork with Norn, Asura, and Charr first.

EDIT: I also don't think we're done with the human gods though. I'm not sure how that could come into play, but eventually I think we may learn of balthazar's "replacement" and Lyssa's seeming involvement in his actions (I still think Jennah and Anisse are Ilya and Lyss, the divisions of Lyssa)

My guesses:Ep 4: Jahai/Northern Kourna to deal with Kralk, Joko aftermath, and Order of ShadowsEp 5: Western Kourna or South of Desolation to finish whatever starts in Ep 4Ep 6: Charr HL to figure out how to deal with Kralkep 7 (Maybe): Western Kourna or South of Desolation to prepare for fight against KralkEp 7/8: Mount Kralk to battle Kralk

Seems very likely that we will go to Charr HL sometime soon though (LWS4 or Expac 3), since it got 2 map updates in a row, even a very small one at the same time as the Labyrinthine Cliffs map update, which is nowhere near the area.

I really wanna see more Asura stuff before I see more Charr stuff. =/ Unfortunately, the way these dragon chases go is that they attack us- we attack back. We find their lair, we push back to it and kill it. In the cases of Zhaitan and Mordremoth, we witnessed their awakening in GW2 (idk anything about GW1, I'm wiki-ing as a type) and found them by that. Zhaitan raised Orr, Mordremoth drove Scarlet mad (theoretically) and other Sylvari nuts by roaring in the Maguuma jungle. Kral started in dragonrise, then moved to the Far shiverpeaks, then chases Glint over Ascalon, down to Stronghold of Ebonhawk, and fights Glint+DE at Crystal Desert (which is where Logan chooses Jennah/Ebonhawke> DE). This is where they fail to kill Kral (riveting story https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik, makes me wanna play GW1). Kral tells its minions to keep attacking Ascalon territory, but also to move down to Crystal Desert and then later into Kourna. By looking at the map, it appears that Kral has been going almost strictly S/E. My assumption would be that Kral stays in the Crstal Desert and is slain somewhere there, or that we gain one or two more new maps before putting Kral down.

Of course, I'm on LWS2 so all of this is stuff I wiki'd.

For a hopeful new player, I'd love to see more Asura. My impression of the races so far: Humans are dramatic/faulty, Sylvari are adventurous/corrupted, Asura are arrogant/genius, Charr are warlike/loyal, Norn are hunters/partiers. Now that we've done faulty adventures, I'd like to see arrogance and genius over more war stuff. That and I like Taimi more than Rox/Braham atm. I'd enjoy more Asura content overall.

@"StabbersTheThird.6053" said:In the cases of Zhaitan and Mordremoth, we witnessed their awakening in GW2 (idk anything about GW1, I'm wiki-ing as a type)

(riveting story https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kralkatorrik, makes me wanna play GW1).

To clear this up, none of that happened in GW1- in that game, we saw Kralkatorrik and (maybe) Primordus sleeping, and we (maybe) saw Primordus stir a bit before he went back to sleep, but GW1 was set 250 years before GW2. Primordus, the DSD, Jormag, Zhaitan, and Kralkatorrik all woke up between the games, with the Kralkatorrik story you mentioned being depicted in one of the companion novels, Edge of Destiny.

I like the idea of finishing more parts of the current map first, on the other hand, going to Cantha will help the game (more people coming and seeing GW2 with more content and HoT issues fixed) and to me some places like the Blood Legion Lands sound more endgame than most of Cantha (except if they twist it brutally).Of course we dont need all the expansion zones to be endgame, however Maguma Jungle, the Brand and Jokotopia were.

Also, don't forget that we had jungle themed expansion and desert themed expansion. I don't think ANET will repeat themselves with similar content. Which may leave us with ICE themed expansion (far Shiverpeaks, possibly deldrimor) and Blood legion homeland (which I am not very sure of the terrain) and very less likely water/underwater themed one (less likely at this stage of the game).

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Also, don't forget that we had jungle themed expansion and desert themed expansion. I don't think ANET will repeat themselves with similar content.This is also a big consideration, and why any ideas of Kralkatorik flying off, and us going into the Scavanger's Causeway, make little sense.

I think the next 2-3 episodes will solve thisMaybe Kralkatorik will brand Zhaitan xDBTW, very interesting info about Jormag is:"Since Zhaitan's and Mordremoth's death, Jormag has obtained the power to augment his Icebrood with death and plant magic."Triple Trouble?

@ugrakarma.9416 said:To me any elder dragon focused expansion will be too cheap and too tedious. Deal with purple crystals scenarios again? Jesus!

Good thing about Jormag (as opposed to Kralkie) are the Sons of Svanir. Opens up the opportunity of writing a human (or rather Norn) main villain so you could avoid using the standard “Elder Dragon corruption spreading”-plot device.

Heck, let’s corrupt Braham and let him unite and become the leader of the Sons for all I care. I never liked that brat, and him turning villain might actually allow Anet to turn him into a good, well-written character..!

I'd kind of be interested in a deep sea dragon expansion that centered around different isles with one of those islands mirroring the town of Innsmouth. We then find ourselves betrayed by old companions. Not like the Sylvari that were forced to turn, but actual sleeper agents working towards the death of other elder dragons. Turns out that Bubbles' agents wanted to kill the other dragons after Zhaitan died in order to make Bubbles too powerful to kill. We finally defeat Bubbles' agents only to learn that Bubbles was dead all along. Who killed Bubbles? Iunno, Jormag? Margonites? Lyssa? Dunno. This solves keeping underwater content to a minimum in an expansion dealing with Bubbles while still giving me everything I'd want from a deep sea dragon. Make sure to throw in some underwater segments with minimal combat and loads of tension-filled exploration. We shouldn't feel safe fighting in Bubbles' territory.

@Edelweiss.4261 said:I'd kind of be interested in a deep sea dragon expansion that centered around different isles with one of those islands mirroring the town of Innsmouth. We then find ourselves betrayed by old companions. Not like the Sylvari that were forced to turn, but actual sleeper agents working towards the death of other elder dragons. Turns out that Bubbles' agents wanted to kill the other dragons after Zhaitan died in order to make Bubbles too powerful to kill. We finally defeat Bubbles' agents only to learn that Bubbles was dead all along. Who killed Bubbles? Iunno, Jormag? Margonites? Lyssa? Dunno. This solves keeping underwater content to a minimum in an expansion dealing with Bubbles while still giving me everything I'd want from a deep sea dragon. Make sure to throw in some underwater segments with minimal combat and loads of tension-filled exploration. We shouldn't feel safe fighting in Bubbles' territory.

I like the willing betrayal and a dragon realizing that targeting the others makes them more powerful, but I think we need to go head on into more water content (at some point, maybe not yet). Someone has to show the gaming world UW content can be outstanding, because it really, truly can, and GW2 already has a good foundation. It only needs reworks in some ways and more features (UW mounts and masteries).

Archived