NERF MESMER

Ultima.8673

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the mechanics of the class that make them better then the rest, and that cant be change easily at all.For example with warrior/spellbraker, they pretty much have the highest base hp and armor giving them great suatain to begin with. Coupled with demolishers ammy and that class has a staggering 3k armor, ontop of rousling resistance it has 4k amor and 20k hp. And now with the shake it off buff it can suatain condis so well with his resistance boon application that it is extremly difficult to kill when placed in the right hands in 1v1s and can really do some big damage in group fights with easy mode skill Full Counter. This is just my opinion though.

@"Ultima.8673" said:on a good Player this class is just too strong:too many clones , invincibility, Stealth, too high Damage, too high mobilityand cause of mesmer mechanics to hard to kill in a 1v1 Situation...

nerf this kitten and also nerf spellbreakers Sustain.....

Too high mobility? You must hate thieves then that have more mobility. Mesmer/mirage does have some, however pales in comparison with the thief overlord.

Clones are the primary mechanic. No one really complained until condi mirage became a thing so I dont think its the clones perse.

Invincibility times (aka evades) are not that high. One that chains all their potential evades just messed themselves up assuming you too are a competent player as they have little defense to back them up.

Stealth is something that yes, they have, however they dont really have much of (scrappers, thieves for example have more) so no idea why this was included

High damage is one I will give you, however any glass cannon build will have a high damage output (again, you must really hate thieves/holos for example). The damage sustain of mirage isn't top (DPS wise the DPS builds are typically the 1 shot bursts) and condi...well...condi mirage def needs to be toned down a bit imo.

Where a lot of these complaints could easily apply to other classes (some would apply better) I assume you got rekt by said class(es) and became salty, so im sure people here could help you with "how to fights vs insert class here" if you care to insert the class/build you are using or provide specific context in your case.

Pending the issue, I could gear up my mirage and spar with ya so you can get some practice in vs mirage assuming you are on NA ofc.

Help us help you clean the salt from ya bud.

@Vieux P.1238 said:To many clones. I wasting my burst on clones instead of the mesmer. Plz nerf the number of clones 1 at a time so i can target the mesmer. & plz remove stealth.Mesmer with stealth is OP. & Also remove Elusive minds & Ambush from Mirage traits.

?

@Ultima.8673 said:on a good Player this class is just too strong:too many clones , invincibility, Stealth, too high Damage, too high mobilityand cause of mesmer mechanics to hard to kill in a 1v1 Situation...

nerf this kitten and also nerf spellbreakers Sustain.....

???

Can’t really tell if you guys are joking here, but if not then wtf man. Let’s continue this list by auto-targeting Mesmer player on every skill cast, or let’s reduce Mesmer dmg to zero, let’s not allow them to use elites and utilities and why not deleting Mesmer for good? ??‍♂️ What will you babbling about then? SB? Holo? Soulbeast? DE? Core G aaaaaaand etc. ??☺️ I bet nothing will be ever good enough for you, because your problem is merely about kitten LIIP.

There will be always extremely poor and incredibly exp players. Unless your aim isn’t to reduce this gap somehow, then it doesn’t really matter what you are playing with. i.e. your opponent will beat the kitten out of you every time (even with the same class).

I am getting tired of these posts.Start to play with multi-class (mastering only one is nothing) and that way getting better, understand class mechanics which will lead more balanced matches, change class if your team has a kitten matchup, learn kiting and the list goes on.

Salty salty salt everywhere. If you want to make suggestions on what is to be tuned down then do it in a constructive way. Crying ? out lound on forums won’t help. Oh you have a favorite class? I’m sorry to break it to you but not everything is capable to cap/fight side nodes, or suitable for team fights, or exceptional in dueling... understanding your role is key, good rotation / split and map awareness worth a million times more than trying to beat that Mesmer / SB on sides - which are definitely a hard counter for you.

Oh yeah and still you will lose many times, pvp is about competition. ?

@LegendaVagyok.9132

opening thread has a point

within a short time span (less than 5 seconds), a mesmer with the right build and good management skills can create 3-4 clones and has make you lose target twice, oh and slapped you with 4-5 conditions to boot

10 seconds pass in the battle and you are in the exact same position except you've lost target another 4 times

I had this one Charr Mesmer create (I kid you not) like 8-10 clones when he was node defending our home point in a Kyhlo match

it was retarded how this one mesmer could literally illusion dance around you and do so continuously without any drawback (that I'm seeing)

soulbeast rangers can put up crazy burst damage for sure, but their time to do so is hard capped and they have to trade off utility to run it

mesmers don't seem to have any hard cap on their end but have good utility to boot

and the camera angles don't help as players trying to constantly find where the mesmer unstealths is made more difficult because of a lack of zooming out

on my norn guardian - I can't see shit happening around me unless it is infront of me

the only changes I would make is to nerf mesmers to have less stealth skills and less target breaks by "unpoofing" their clone mechanic

make it like how WoW uses mage clones in where the mage creates the clones but doesn't give them free stealth so it doesn't break the attacker's target

A mesmer can only have 3 clones up (which die as soon as target dies). These clones are slower than the player and they tend to not move at all either (unless you shatter them but then they simply come hug you). The other ones you see are phantasms (illusions) which carry the world "illusionary" so its easily to see its not the actual player. These can only attack once and then are destroyed and become a clone (it will replace one of your old ones if you had 3 up). Phantasms can be destroyed by damaging them before they even attack. Theoretically it is possible to get 3 clones up and 2 phantasms via skill slots and 1 per weapon equipped (2 in case of shield according wiki?) of which I believe is only at skill 1-3 but I am not entirely sure. Clones and phantasms are easy to kill when it comes to them being 1 hits or close enough. When I fight a mesmer in pvp (amature casual unranked player here), I can usually see almost directly which is the real player and which is the fake. I tend to tag the real player as well so others see which to target. Once a mesmer is in downed state... they are pretty much dead (can port once but if they are interrupted they can only sit it out to die and with a little luck manage to spawn 1 clone but usually thats too late). When it comes to portalling, stealth and such... As mesmer you have to choose which skills to put in your slots, you can't have it all at the same time and the cd's are not short either. (Keep in mind that skills in pvp vs pve are different).There has already been nerfs in both core mesmer as well as chronomancer in last months. When it comes to mirage, I got not enough experience to say anything about that one. I am playing a non meta mesmer chrono (greatsword/sword & focus (I am a 3 sec death on melee so I rather stick with my ranged option :P)

No! mesmer has been proven & voted on that it was the class that got the least nerfs from all the classes. & it needs to be majorly nerf hammered.It's a broken class. It's to confusing to target & there's to many clones. & to many evades & dodges. It should not have any stealth, no evades & 1 dodge only.& should only summon 1 clone at a time before summoning the next. Then we might be happy.

@Vieux P.1238 said:No! mesmer has been proven & voted on that it was the class that got the least nerfs from all the classes. & it needs to be majorly nerf hammered.It's a broken class. It's to confusing to target & there's to many clones. & to many evades & dodges. It should not have any stealth, no evades & 1 dodge only.& should only summon 1 clone at a time before summoning the next. Then we might be happy.

Hilarious - 1 clone? The number of clones/phantasms was really never the problem. They die fast, don't hit that hard, can be dodged/killed before executing anything that does hit hard, and are so obviously different from real players. If the number of clones is your problem, you really need to just pay more attention.

The constant resets and continuous application of conditions throughout - now that I have a problem with. Would be nice if there was a higher cost to mirages breaking target and resetting fights. I main a ranger that's mostly single-target based, so it makes mesmer fights a bit harder for me.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:No! mesmer has been proven & voted on that it was the class that got the least nerfs from all the classes. & it needs to be majorly nerf hammered.It's a broken class. It's to confusing to target & there's to many clones. & to many evades & dodges. It should not have any stealth, no evades & 1 dodge only.& should only summon 1 clone at a time before summoning the next. Then we might be happy.

Hilarious - 1 clone? The number of clones/phantasms was really never the problem. They die fast, don't hit that hard, can be dodged/killed before executing anything that
does
hit hard, and are so obviously different from real players. If the
number
of clones is your problem, you really need to just pay more attention.

The constant resets and continuous application of conditions throughout - now
that
I have a problem with. Would be nice if there was a higher cost to mirages breaking target and resetting fights. I main a ranger that's mostly single-target based, so it makes mesmer fights a bit harder for me.

No..i don't care.. This is not what Gw2 pvp is all about. Gw2 caters to the casual players thus i should not work on figuring out witch one is you & witch one is your clone.

1 clone or phantasm is all you get at a time. No one cares on how weak they are. You just want EZ wins with an no skill class. Mesmer is a no skill class that should be deleted. There i said it.My 2 cent

At this point in time, any resources dedicated to PvP should go toward modifications that would solve afk-ers (aka pip farmers) issue. After that, some changes that would bring more players in, we need to increase population.

After that, Anet could look into class balance. But until then....

@"Vieux P.1238" said:To many clones. I wasting my burst on clones instead of the mesmer. Plz nerf the number of clones 1 at a time so i can target the mesmer. & plz remove stealth.Mesmer with stealth is OP. & Also remove Elusive minds & Ambush from Mirage traits.Thq

You are basically asking to re-design the class or just make it plain useless. The limit is already set, it's 3 clones per say. "Unlimited" is just illusion for people like you who don'tget idea that clones are generated by certain conditions, which mirage makes much easier and brainless. But at all times there can only be 3 clones. And remove Ambush from Mirage and you get useless specialization. Pff people just never cease to amaze me.

While Mesmer in good player hands is challenging so is Thief, Warrior, Elemental, Engineer, Revenant, Ranger, Guardian, Necromancer (famous 2 hit win scourge BS move). Basically every profession on it's own to deal is pain in good hands. Revenant being an exception and Engineer because it requires too much effort to perform well.

Rather, than giving pointless vent, how about constructive ideas to solve the problem. Look at the SB, pets doing all the hard lifting, or SB, or wait, where is the end to this? Whole balance is the mess and it's not just one profession that will fix it.

Archived