Astralaria vs Frostfang

Zaraki.5784

Hello,I would like to make a legendary axe but I like them both and I can't decide, each one having its pros and cons, especially, I like the smoothness/perfection on Astralaria but it lacks aggressiveness, on the other hand I like Frostfang for its overall design but I fear I could get tired of using a frost-themed axe forever.What's your favourite?

Astralaria for sure. Frostfang is a Gen One Legendary and as such the model, effects and all that is of waaaay lower quality than Astralaria.

That being said, I definitely prefer the idea of Frostfang. It was the first ever Legendary I made for my Norn main because of it. If Frostie was ever reworked to be of the same level quality it would win no contest.

But as is now, Astralaria will give you way more “bang for your buck”. The weapon trail alone beats anything you get out of Frostie (it is similar to Twilight/Sunrise trails which are the most noticeable of them all).

I love my Astralaria, and with the addition of Stellar weapons in Istan, there is something to pair it with.

But man, I would not recommend doing the collections for Astralaria. Collection I is a 2 week time gate for some reason and you have to complete the Not So Secret jumping puzzle.

Whatever you like more. Don't let others tell you what to do, in a game about looks it all boils down, which design do you like more? To take your OP into account. Frostfang is lacking the smoothnes but maybe you'll get tired of using a stellar themed axe all the time. Toss a coin if you can't make up your mind, but I guess you already know which one you prefer, you just can't decide because it seems so final. Who knows, maybe you'll craft the other one too, no matter on which one you decide now.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Don't let others tell you what to do, in a game about looks it all boils down, which design do you like more?

Well, he/she specifically created this thread asking for peoples’ opinions so while I agree with your sentiment in general, it sorta doesn’t apply in this particular case.

Whether the OP is influenced by our advice or not, having an outside opinion often helps to clarify our own feelings. Like flipping a coin whether to have a taco or a hamburger, and when the coin comes up hamburger, you discover that after all, you really, really would rather have pizza.

I <3 my Astralaria, btw.

• 5 months later...

@Hesacon.8735 said:I love my Astralaria, and with the addition of Stellar weapons in Istan, there is something to pair it with.

But man, I would not recommend doing the collections for Astralaria. Collection I is a 2 week time gate for some reason and you have to complete the Not So Secret jumping puzzle.

What is the alternative ways besides doing collection? To avoid the time gate ...?

@DHung.5263 said:

love
my Astralaria, and with the addition of Stellar weapons in Istan, there is something to pair it with.

What is the alternative ways besides doing collection? To avoid the time gate ...?

Hesacon’s comment is a bit misleading. You have to do the collections to get Astralaria. There’s no alternative other than to make Frostfang if you want a Legendary Axe. The “2 week timegate”, is the Ascended materials needed to craft The Device (Astralarias stage 1 Precursor), 15 Deldrimor Steel Ingots, 10 Spiritwood Planks and 10 Elonian Leather Squares (these can be bought from the trading post though). The Lumps of Mithrillium, Glob of Elderspirit residue and Spool of Thick Elonian cord to make them can only be crafted once per day, hence the “2 week timegate” comment.

The collections aren’t as difficult as people make them out to be.

EDIT: Totally forgot you needed Zin collection. I must have had this done prior to starting the collections for Astralaria last year. Either way, 2 weeks isn't horrendous, when the rest of the collections will keep you just as busy.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:I
love
my Astralaria, and with the addition of Stellar weapons in Istan, there is something to pair it with.

Hesacon’s comment is a bit misleading. You have to do the collections to get Astralaria. There’s no alternative other than to make Frostfang if you want a Legendary Axe. The “2 week timegate”, is the Ascended materials needed to craft The Device (Astralarias stage 1 Precursor), 15 Deldrimor Steel Ingots, 10 Spiritwood Planks and 10 Elonian Leather Squares (these can be bought from the trading post though). The Lumps of Mithrillium, Glob of Elderspirit residue and Spool of Thick Elonian cord to make them can only be crafted once per day, hence the “2 week timegate” comment.

it's 12 days and it's mini collection, not really ascended mats that can be bought from TP given gold isn't a problemhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zinn%27s_Prize_Student

@phs.6089 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:I
love

it's 12 days and it's mini collection, not really ascended mats that can be bought from TP given gold isn't a problem
This is what I was referring to.

Archived