Less CC or more Stability

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

It might be just me, but it seems that there is to much CC in the game. In wvw if I'm roaming around I come across comps just endless chain CC , if i'm zerging same situation. Just feels kinda CC heavy. Should there be less CC or just more stability stacks or is it just me or is it some other solution?

@Sovereign.1093 said:my group does not run stand your ground. so... i am really curious where others are getting ccd problems.

Because some classes have 1 or 2 total stacks of stability they can get, where others can shit out 10 stacks without trying. The current solution to even running around solo is to bring a stability bot with you or be CC'd to death, which is a game balance issue. I think that is what OP is getting at.

I think that the game needs a big spring cleaning all over the place.The patchy balance work, and the power creep generated by elite specs have created a lot of unhealthy situations.They really should rework most weapons, a ton of traits, and review the mechanics of most boons, conditions and effects.The game is suffering immensily at the highest tiers from the poor balance and the inability to be balanced due to broken and patchy mechanics that have suffered rework on top of rework. Especially in cases where the reasons for some of those reworks have been removed before.

A lot of the game is suffering from early PoF mirage syndrome. There were bugs, some they balanced (buffed) things to work with the bugs. Then they fixed the bugs, but didn't revert the previous balance, so it becomes overpowered. And usually instead of realizing that and reverting the previous balance they'll do something else that persists the problem, and them compound on it with each successive iteration.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:my group does not run stand your ground. so... i am really curious where others are getting ccd problems.

Because some classes have 1 or 2 total stacks of stability they can get, where others can kitten out 10 stacks without trying. The current solution to even running around solo is to bring a stability bot with you or be CC'd to death, which is a game balance issue. I think that is what OP is getting at.

my team runs the boons build. so normally these isnt an issue. but when encounter a team with lots of corrupt, the immobilizations (chills) hurt a lot. and because of that - that we adapted the stunbreak and cleanse and speed refresh.

maybe more can try it this way. revs got team stun break and fb rev has condi clears.

Or just better stability. We've had the solution for a long time and when we wanted the hand, Anet gave us a finger. The internal cooldown made it much better, but its not enough with the tons of corruption that the scourge and spellbreaker brought. They could just make it 1s and see how it goes.

The problem with just increasing/lengthening stacks is that yes it makes zerging better but it ruins smallscale because suddenly your ccs are worthless. Need a solution that is good for both.

It’s really funny because I have the opposite opinion : way too much access to stability. Especially these spellbreakers with 4-8 stacks! Along with their endure pain x2 it’s hard to properly cc and burst them down. I had an entite zerg trying to get and kill a single spellbreaker for about 10-15 sec. Way too many defense in my taste. Same goes for other classes. 90% of the time my downstate cc never works because there are stacks upon stacks of stability. It’s pretty annoying. Between that and the blocks, it’s pretty stale.

cant agree rly, the amount if cc is relatively balanced, in zergs you die because of the tremendous amount of boonrips and the spike dmg some classes do (10k thief vaultspam in gvg or hammer revs for example), those kill you.

in roaming i think there are actually too.man ways to break stuns, i used to roam hammer/gs warri pre hot. that is completely killed now for roaming because a slow on cc relying weapon like hammer is a joke when the stunbreaks have less cd than the cc itself

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:They need to introduce some sort of 'super armor' that makes you immune to CC only while using certain skills instead of relying on a boon.... Like aegis, block or invouln?

No, he means that certain skills would be protected while casting them. Like for example, you would be immune to CC while casting a specific skill like overload earth without needing the stability boon, and that way boon stripping woudn't negate it. That's how some skills with long casting times work in Black Desert Online. I am not sure that such a mechanic could be balanced in this game. It probably depends on what skills would have it.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:They need to introduce some sort of 'super armor' that makes you immune to CC only while using certain skills instead of relying on a boon.... Like aegis, block or invouln?

No, he means that certain skills would be protected while casting them. Like for example, you would be immune to CC while casting a specific skill like overload earth without needing the stability boon, and that way boon stripping woudn't negate it. That's how some skills with long casting times work in Black Desert Online. I am not sure that such a mechanic could be balanced in this game. It probably depends on what skills would have it.

Uuhhh... Like skills without a cast time?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

That's not the same thing at all. You still have the drawback that you need to take your time with the cast. The difference is that CC doesn't interrupt it.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@"TheBravery.9615" said:They need to introduce some sort of 'super armor' that makes you immune to CC only while using certain skills instead of relying on a boon.... Like aegis, block or invouln?

That's not the same thing at all. You still have the drawback that you need to take your time with the cast. The difference is that CC doesn't interrupt it.

Thats the same thing as described. Insta-cast skills are "protected" from cc since you cant interrupt them.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"TheBravery.9615" said:They need to introduce some sort of 'super armor' that makes you immune to CC only while using certain skills instead of relying on a boon.... Like aegis, block or invouln?

Thats the same thing as described. Insta-cast skills
are
"protected" from cc since you cant interrupt them.

but its different. if you have lets say 1s cast and cant be interrupted you still can be bursted down during it. so super armor for skills with animation lock for example would be nice, like many movement skills as animation lock itself is more or less a CC.

my very personal problem is the nature of corrupts. 1stack of stability? 2stacks? 10? one corrupt = all gone.some groups run so heavy boon corrupting compositions, that the whole fight comes down to who corrupts first with a squad of 2/3 scourges.

if however corrupts wouldn't corrupt a full stack of stability, instead one into fear and fear removes another stack, this would feel better for classes that dont have 10stacks (and wouldnt rely on so many guardians too).

however - that applies only to so much more organized enemies (or a lot bigger numbers).the majority of matchups and therefore fights are okay as they are - hence the ratio of stability and cc is okay too.

@Ubi.4136 said:

Because some classes have 1 or 2 total stacks of stability they can get, where others can kitten out 10 stacks without trying. The current solution to even running around solo is to bring a stability bot with you or be CC'd to death, which is a game balance issue. I think that is what OP is getting at.

This.

Some classes have easy access to stability, and/or stun breaks, while others do not. It can also depend on build or situation, as some of those classes with easy access are not much of a problem in zerg fighting, because it can be stripped for corrupted, however the stack count and up time in a 1vs1 fight with some of them, means never being able to apply CC to them. Add in movement skills, or other skills that also stun break and these classes are unlockable outside of an out numbered fight.

So really it comes down to the kind of fighting, vs a 5 second 10 stack of stab, vs 1-2 stacks that can be pulsed and have almost a 100% uptime. One has to be used mindfully, the other is very, very powerful in 1vs1 and almost useless in zerg fights.

While stability is the boon that nullifies CCs I don't think more stability or less CC has anything to do with balancing combat. Don't forget, while stability is something that you can't bypass with any type of ability (besides boon coruption, removal or steal - abilty effects that are fairly limited in the game), CCs can be bypassed with lots of defensive active abilities like evades, blocks, invulns, ports, clenses... stability is just the most braindead way to nullify a CC. There are also some profession builds which can shit out tones of stability just for the kicks, while others have no access to it whatsoever. My point is you can't just bring this subject into discussion with such a narrow view of the gw2 combat system.

@Justine.6351 said:More telegraphs and stun breaks. Enough of the easy to apply cc and passive defense.

That means basicly, players(groups) should have more jalis/herald revs :\

Issue about the skill telegraphing is the visual clutter is that way to much, most times even on small scale due cleave / aoe animation effects everything gets hidden under some splash effects :\

Making stuff more telegraphed would be make more visual cluter on top of something that have already to much visual effects, where outside 3 vs 3 it becomes harder to notice or target wont actually receive the animation on their client.

Archived