Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...?

Because I honestly do not. Same with the Trident. I’m only familiar with the Spear because of it’s unique shark theme and name.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...? 135 votes

Yes
53%
nottsgman.8206Pifil.5193Fenom.9457Glider.5792starhunter.6015Ashantara.8731BunjiKugashira.9754RoseofGilead.8907Alatar.7364Inculpatus cedo.9234Ayrilana.1396Randulf.7614calb.3128Konig Des Todes.2086Haleydawn.3764Zaraki.5784Dragana.1497spiritualabyss.7016Grimheart.2853Iris Ng.9845 72 votes
No
46%
Solori.6025Just a flesh wound.3589Zet.9130Linken.6345Rauderi.8706IndigoSundown.5419derd.6413Karmapolice.4193Uden Reavstone.3426Asum.4960Mea.5491Bjorn Wolfen.4752Ashen.2907Ameepa.6793ShiningSquirrel.3751Westenev.5289Ranger Hussy.9523Radiobiology.6185Blood Red Arachnid.2493sokeenoppa.5384 63 votes

Comments

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018
    No

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Without looking it up on the Wiki: Do you even know the name of the Legendary Harpoon Gun...?

Without looking it up on the wiki, I don't know the name half the things in the game, because it's just a name; I care more about what things do (or sometimes how they look) then what jargon we use to describe them. For the longest time, my mesmer had skills such as Car Alarm, zipline into terrain, Illusionary Bearbow, and Bubble of Projectile Hate. Plus, seriously, how many veterans know that it's the Signet of Humility these days, instead of Polymoroph Moa or just "Moa"?

Well, in that case let it be known I likewise don’t know what they look like either.

Also, well, Legendaries are Legendaries after all. If any item in the game exists that people should, and do, know the names of it is them. :lol:

The thought to make this thread just came to me because I realized that while I’m well-versed with most Legendaries (even those I never plan on getting) I had no clue about these underwater ones, and I wanted to see if I was the only one or if that is how most people are given the nature of underwater content. :hushed:

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018
    No

Honestly, I don't even care about the names...names are meaningless imo, it's just another weapon; though perhaps one that isn't prevalent in the game.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I own it so yes.

• zenleto.6179zenleto.6179 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I’ve got my money on Underwater Shoot Machine PewPewPew. Fingers crossed!

• Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No surprise in my case: I don't like underwater. I have even toons who have no water weapons at all. I am not interested. :3

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes and pls include those 3 in gen 2, I know they said no but that was years ago

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Scar.1793Scar.1793 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Huuuh wasn’t it Ktululutu ? Lol

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I have it but still I could not remember the name :D

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Why does it matter?

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭
    No

...there is a legendary harpoon gun?!

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't remember what 1/2 the legendaries even look like. I remember most of the ones I like, and one or two others I see a lot but there's been more than once when I've had to go to the Wiki and check because I know there is at least one legendary for each weapon but I haven't got a clue what it is.

Same with traits and skills. It's slightly easier now with traits, back before the system was reworked people would just say things like Fire IV or Beastmaster VII and I'd wonder how on earth they can remember the function and number of every single one. My mind retains a lot of useless information but that's not part of it.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes I do. Have a (you)

Now without looking to the wiki, can you write out the name of the legendary spear?

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

To be fair, what is the wiki for if not to store all of the information we can't remember?

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@lokh.2695 said:
    Yes I do. Have a (you)

Now without looking to the wiki, can you write out the name of the legendary spear?

Koma-something Kotaki.

I mostly remember the second part because it was based on the IRL name of the artist who conceived it, so it is a memorable lil’ tidbit like that.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

No and to be honest, even though I'm a beta player, I don't know the names of 80% of the Legendary weapons because I'm not interested in them, lol.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

I only know the name of the spear because its a reference to kotaki.

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018
    Yes

Yes cause I got the precursor.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@Scar.1793 said:
    Huuuh wasn’t it Ktululutu ? Lol

The Great Cthulhu has nothing to do with it - careful there! :o If he did, we would mysteriously transform into fishmen if we used the item. ;)

• Iris Ng.9845Iris Ng.9845 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Why placing the importance on the name of legendary weapons when they are just simple gold sink? When not everyone cares to own them? TBF, I don't even remember half of the names of gen 2 legendary weapons, and some would escape my memory after sometimes. Why do you have to go round about to make your point?

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Frenzy. It summons and shoots piranhas.
    Kamohoali'i Kotaki (sp) is the spear. It summons sharks, and its name means "Shark God Kotaki" in Hawaiian.
    I don't remember the trident's name, but it summons creepy tentacles.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Yes

Yes I do. When I started to gather information about legendary weapons after playing the game for a while I disliked almost all of these weapons (too much bling, tacky, pretentious, not my taste). But the harpoon gun caught my attention, I liked the idea of being surrounded by a swarm of fish, especially nice with a ranger. The harpoon gun is my only legendary weapon and I am not sure if I want another one.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yeah, but I don't know the names of the Axe, Sceptre, Focus, or Trident.

• Dreadshow.9320Dreadshow.9320 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Bob 6Char.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Without looking it up on the wiki, I don't know the name half the things in the game, because it's just a name; I care more about what things do (or sometimes how they look) then what jargon we use to describe them. For the longest time, my mesmer had skills such as Car Alarm, zipline into terrain, Illusionary Bearbow, and Bubble of Projectile Hate. Plus, seriously, how many veterans know that it's the Signet of Humility these days, instead of Polymoroph Moa or just "Moa"?

This right here.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@Trise.2865 said:
    Frenzy.

Yes thanks to this person.

Didn't look it up on the wiki so it counts :p

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018

With out the wiki i cant name 1 item from gw2 and iv been playing since dat one......wait i remeber one now zojos weapons ascended stuff i think...i made a few of those in the past. Oo dragon jade weapons i got a few of those as well.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018
    Yes

Yes, I think I remember the name of every legendary weapon from both generations (except gen 2: dagger, rifle and torch)

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Hamfast.8719Hamfast.8719 Member ✭✭✭

If nobody told me otherwise, I would assume it would be called something along the lines of "Quaggan Deflator".

Build someone a fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set someone on fire, and they'll be warm for the rest of their life.
    - Unknown Fire Elementalist

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Spear: Underwater Stabby Stick of Shiny Doom
    Harpoon Gun: Underwater Shooty Stick of Shiny Doom
    Trident: Underwater Poky Stick of Shiny Doom

...or...something...

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• No

I thought it was karakatoa or something, but evidently not :P

• ImTasty.2163ImTasty.2163 Member ✭✭✭

@Oglaf.1074 said:
    Because I honestly do not. Same with the Trident. I’m only familiar with the Spear because of it’s unique shark theme and name.

Nope but in all fairness I don't know the name of any of the legendaries sooooo.....

• Sartharina.3542Sartharina.3542 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2018
    Yes

The Trident legendary weapon is Kraitkin, with three serpents as its head.
    The spear is an unpronounceable mess that's themed around Sharks.
    The speargun is Frenzy, themed around Barracudas.

@Zaraki.5784 said:
    Yes, I think I remember the name of every legendary weapon from both generations (except gen 2: dagger, rifle and torch)

Dagger is Claw of the Khan-Ur. It's a mini jewel-encrusted pizza cutter Bat'leth
    The rifle is the HMS Divinity, It has the stock of a rifle, the body of a Great Big Sailing Ship, and its barrel is a kitten Cannon
    the torch is Flames of War. It's a wedding cake 3-rowed silver candelabra with red candles that look like robed figures conjuring a mini Balthazar.

• Yes

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Im the opposite. I can only remwber the Kotaki part of tbe spear name. Though i know its named after a Hawaiian shark god.

@Pifil.5193 said:
    Yeah, but I don't know the names of the Axe, Sceptre, Focus, or Trident.

Frostfang - Frost Fang like Jormag's Frost Fang in Hoelbrak
    Astralaria - Astral (stars) aria
    Meteorlogicus - meteor logic us
    The Minstrel - lala la, la, lalalaa, lala laa, lala, hmmhmm hmmmm
    Kraitkin - kin of the snake d00ds named krait, it's great

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Pretty sure it's K'ookukachu.
    ..right?

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Yes

Naturally, as I have two of them... I was my first and the one that made me Twice Told Legend....

Now, ask me the name of the spear (some long Hawaiian name) and the trident (no idea)…. I've both of them as well :tongue:

• STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

Do I care?

No.

Can I name more then 3 legendary weapons.. No.

There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

no because 1) i don't own any legendary weapon and 2) i don't care about it anyhow.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2018
    No

Isn’t it Kralkatorik?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.