Can’t purchase a storage expander, not maxed out (1750, 6x purchased so far)

I have 6x storage expanders, and a maximum of 1750 storage per item in my storage. I can not purchase the last one, which would allow for a 2000 item storage. This gem shop item does not even show up for my account on the gem store.

Why is this happening? I really wanted to buy the last one when it was on sale earlier, but my account doesn’t even show it for sale in the gem shop.

It's hidden from the store when your account has purchased the maximum limit, regardless of whether you've used them, so ensure you don't have one sitting somewhere. If you know you've never purchased that many, close the game and delete all gw2cache folders under the %temp% folder, which will clear the store's cache; check again. If it's still not there, you'll need to contact support.

@Fenom.9457 said:How did the epic quest for the missing inventory expander go?

Cleared my cache, didn’t fix it.

Manually searched all characters, using the inventory search feature by typing in Storage Expander, and didn’t find one. Same situation for my account stash.

API search feature doesn’t see it either. I submitted a ticket and am waiting to hear back.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:

Manually searched all characters, using the inventory search feature by typing in Storage Expander, and didn’t find one. Same situation for my account stash.

API search feature doesn’t see it either. I submitted a ticket and am waiting to hear back.

I'm glad you submitted a ticket. That's an odd one, and it'll be good for the team to take a look for you.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

I'm glad you submitted a ticket. That's an odd one, and it'll be good for the team to take a look for you.

Thanks Gaile, I appreciate the help from everyone here.

• 6 months later...

This issue is still ongoing and I would love to have it resolved. I have resubmitted a ticket, and hopefully it gets some traction this time.

My account is still unable to see the gem shop item Storage Expander. I only have 6x purchased for a maximum of 1,750 per material in the account storage. I should be able to purchase 1 more of these items for 7x applied to the account and 2,000 per material in the account storage.

• I do not have an unused Sorage Expander on my account. GW2 Efficiency confirmed this.
  • I cleared my Cache yet again. Still didn’t address the issue.

Any other ideas?

@"Julius Seizure.4985" said:This issue is still ongoing and I would love to have it resolved. I have resubmitted a ticket, and hopefully it gets some traction this time.

My account is still unable to see the gem shop item Storage Expander. I only have 6x purchased for a maximum of 1,750 per material in the account storage. I should be able to purchase 1 more of these items for 7x applied to the account and 2,000 per material in the account storage.

• I do not have an unused Sorage Expander on my account. GW2 Efficiency confirmed this.
  • I cleared my Cache yet again. Still didn’t address the issue.

Any other ideas?

If the Storage Expander item isn't pending in your mail and isn't in inventory, then Support is the only tool available. There literally aren't any other theoretical possibilities except for possibly accepting the email and deleting a character with the item before consuming it. (And if that were the case, you'd need Support to track it down.)(Yes, sometimes people buy these in advance, when an item goes on sale, hoping for an expansion down the road. Theoretically, you could be one of these people. Theoretically.)

If you can get the ticket escalated to one of the team leads, I'd offer a compromise: they create a 'replacement' item for you, but you buy a different 800-gem item (which you would agree to delete first, before they send the 'spare' Storage Expander.

PS Include in your ticket the game link...[&AgG0pwAA]

PPS it's worth re-checking GW2 Efficiency for both Storage Expander and Collection Expander (the first is the new name; the second the original) and mentioning this to Support, for when they check your purchase history.

Archived