Can people see my thief DP5 when i use it from stealth?

Anput.4620

Lots of people still don't know how it works, or that when they see it, they are stacking stealth. Because many people only play one class. Myself I try and put something on the ground, or will place a traps edge right on it, so they take dmg trying to stack, if trap is on CD, I will stand in it, or try and pop shield 5 to knock them back from getting more stealth stacks off. Last option is standing in the field, as they are leaping through it, so if they tag you trying to stack more, they will be revealed, most are smart enough to not try, so at the least it stops them from getting longer stacks.

But yes, it is 100% visible. It however is not that big or noticeable when talking about other marks on the ground, and it's very easy to LOS it in even small holes or hills on the ground.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Lots of people still don't know how it works, or that when they see it, they are stacking stealth. Because many people only play one class. Myself I try and put something on the ground, or will place a traps edge right on it, so they take dmg trying to stack, if trap is on CD, I will stand in it, or try and pop shield 5 to knock them back from getting more stealth stacks off. Last option is standing in the field, as they are leaping through it, so if they tag you trying to stack more, they will be revealed, most are smart enough to not try, so at the least it stops them from getting longer stacks.

But yes, it is 100% visible. It however is not that big or noticeable when talking about other marks on the ground, and it's very easy to LOS it in even small holes or hills on the ground.

while they are smart enough not to keep stacking, heartseeker is still an animation lock wich forces them to swap weapon if they want to cancel it and the animation is pretty long. so stepping in the right moment inside might cause them to either swap off d/p or get revealed.

Just throwing it out there for some additional clarity.Yes, they can see the Black Powder's red AoE circle, they can also hear the sound of it (and it's damn loud actually).Enemies can also see you casting Shadow Shot (D/P #3) and some other skills like it, even when they're cast from Stealth.Enemies can also see the Mini of a player in stealth. Make sure you hide it!

For what stealth is and what a stealthy class shoul feel like, the most common ways of thief stealthing make so much noise there is no way you'd miss the sneaky bastard unless you're in a fight with something else and the sounds overlap, or if they're 2000+ unit points away. But there is a balance reason for it being obvious.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Lots of people still don't know how it works, or that when they see it, they are stacking stealth. Because many people only play one class. Myself I try and put something on the ground, or will place a traps edge right on it, so they take dmg trying to stack, if trap is on CD, I will stand in it, or try and pop shield 5 to knock them back from getting more stealth stacks off. Last option is standing in the field, as they are leaping through it, so if they tag you trying to stack more, they will be revealed, most are smart enough to not try, so at the least it stops them from getting longer stacks.

And thieves who know how it works dont stack stealth because they dont need to heartseek through it. Everything you said is useless against good thieves. They use bounding dodger and is gone from the circle in an instant (they actually enter stealth at around twice the distance of the smoke field radius so they just run straight past it while dodging). Bonus points for using the rune that gives superspeed on every dodge with no icd.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Lots of people still don't know how it works, or that when they see it, they are stacking stealth. Because many people only play one class. Myself I try and put something on the ground, or will place a traps edge right on it, so they take dmg trying to stack, if trap is on CD, I will stand in it, or try and pop shield 5 to knock them back from getting more stealth stacks off. Last option is standing in the field, as they are leaping through it, so if they tag you trying to stack more, they will be revealed, most are smart enough to not try, so at the least it stops them from getting longer stacks.

And thieves who know how it works dont stack stealth because they dont need to heartseek through it. Everything you said is useless against good thieves. They use bounding dodger and is gone from the circle in an instant (they actually enter stealth at around twice the distance of the smoke field radius so they just run straight past it while dodging). Bonus points for using the rune that gives superspeed on every dodge with no icd.

yeah, like every "good thief" plays BD, or DrD on that note... BD isn't even meta and I rarely someone using it.

Archived