Changing who can play ranked

Thanks.6859

Players must be LVL 80+ in pvp ranking Also players must carry 8000+ AC points in order to play ranked . I DONT care if I win or loose But people joining ranked just to get there daily's done is so 2018 lest be progressive here. this will eliminate 90% of player report from the Dcers and afkers. This I'm sure many people will approve But make it a vote the mijority never speak out

This AP requirement suggesting surfaces every now and then, and every now and then I think it makes absolutely no sense.

Only the Rank could be increased, yeah. Even though I think it would probably not fix anything, or much, as it's extremely easy to gain those ranks.

i doubt it would happen having an AP requirement would be kinda work at all not everyone has that much and it would cut out the amount of players in game ,mode plus people will still afk.

couple ideas, first: i think and this is just me maybe they should have it like old court yard and if you are afk in spawn or just standing within spawn area for specific amount of time it kicks you out of that area into the center or something. my 2nd idea i really think they should bring contribute points or something where if you are not playing you as a player do not get rewarded, but count things like dying or going into battle as a contribution. third and maybe this is just me but limit 1 class per match up and no allowing changing of classes before matches in ranked mode. these are my ideas doubt this would ever happen but eh.

Ok I may have forgot how long it takes to get to lvl 80+ Im 210 right now. But find it interesting about the AP point requirement ? the reasoning behind this is simple . This is a 2nd lvl of protection to avoid the trolls aka "part time guest" Not only will they have to play the game to enjoy ranked they will have to lvl up there pvp game time also …. I mean other then that lets make pvp pay to play Im sorry it came to that but pvp is fun but there people really reuion it for everyone

@"Thanks.6859" said:Ok I may have forgot how long it takes to get to lvl 80+ Im 210 right now. But find it interesting about the AP point requirement ? the reasoning behind this is simple . This is a 2nd lvl of protection to avoid the trolls aka "part time guest" Not only will they have to play the game to enjoy ranked they will have to lvl up there pvp game time also …. I mean other then that lets make pvp pay to play Im sorry it came to that but pvp is fun but there people really reuion it for everyone

There is no problem in high-end PvP with afkers. There only is among scrubs who pipfarm. The toxic players are the PvE players looking for easy rewards, not the PvP players. Shy of punishing players for afking (perhaps by removing their rewards from the next games? ;) ) there's not much you can do to stop it, as we've let competitive pvp die.

GW2 is going full-casual. Playing a lost game isn't the casual way of life. Afking rewards in pvp at the expense of other players to obtain legendary armor without raiding? Now that sounds like a casual way of life.

@breno.5423 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Ranked doesn't need any limitations on who can play it. Everyone should be able to jump in and play.

Reinforcing, unranked shoulnt even exist.Let MMR system do its job.

totally agree and i add replace unranked with a hotjoin where u can jump in a game directly. People stay leave any time just for the rumble.with round timer and points but u jump from game to game and u can quit or stay without getting dishonor.

that way u have something more intense (than the arena in the lobby) to do while waiting for ur Qpop and its also enough to test builds.

Unranked as it is now makes barely sense.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Ranked doesn't need any limitations on who can play it. Everyone should be able to jump in and play.

Reinforcing, unranked shoulnt even exist.Let MMR system do its job.

totally agree and i add replace unranked with a hotjoin where u can jump in a game directly. People stay leave any time just for the rumble.with round timer and points but u jump from game to game and u can quit or stay without getting dishonor.

that way u have something more intense (than the arena in the lobby) to do while waiting for ur Qpop and its also enough to test builds.

Unranked as it is now makes barely sense.

Exactly.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Better yet:Make ranked not count towards dailies.Change rewards in ranked so they're not a easier afk farm for pve stuff than anything in PvE, and you'll resolve all the issues without creating weird barriers to entry.Just remove the free stuff from ranked pvp, and problem solved.

Or just don’t give pip on lose. Or anything that will discourage pve afk farmers.

@LegendaVagyok.9132 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Better yet:Make ranked not count towards dailies.Change rewards in ranked so they're not a easier afk farm for pve stuff than anything in PvE, and you'll resolve all the issues without creating weird barriers to entry.Just remove the free stuff from ranked pvp, and problem solved.

Or just don’t give pip on lose. Or anything that will discourage pve afk farmers.

Oh, the way i see it, the entire pip system doesn't belong in a competitive game, especially in the way it's done in GW2. It entirely discourages competition, and in turn encourages farming.It was probably great for the PvP team in the short term after HoT to show more concurrent players farming the content, but its foundations are built on sand, and it's been slowly collapsing since.

If i was in charge, i'd split the rewards differently:I'd give the "regular" reward track progression and gold reward for playing a match. Same as unranked.I'd switch the Shards of Glory and ticket rewards into an achievement. Every 5 wins you get x tickets and y shards of glory (this would require some math work with their metrics and stuff to solve for x and y).Ascended Shards of Glory would be given ONCE on rank up. You go from bronze to silver: here's a dye and x shards of glory. You go from silver to gold, here's some more. Etc.They could throw in the grandmaster marks box, although that doesn't make sense as a sPvP reward, since you don't use ascended gear in sPvP.Then at the end of the season i'd give players a chest. That chest contains another variable amount of shards, tickets and ascended shards, plus a choice of a skin.The amount of shards, tickets, ascended shards and the skin choice(s) would depend on the final rank of the person at the end of the season.

This plus removing ranked eligibility for dailies, would ensure that everyone playing ranked sPvP is playing it to compete, and wants to win, because all the rewards are based on their performance.Sure this will discourage a lot of people from sPvP, but that's a good thing. The question is if the population is even salvageable, since it has been allowed to fester since 2016.Also, all this is meaningless if the balance continues to be as ineffective and slow as it has been since 2015.

Archived