[Suggestion] Ability to capture an event when an API key is deleted.

peekaay.3471

You will be able to tell if an API Key is valid or not, with every request you make. The API will tell you then, that your API Key is invald.An API should not push information to the client. There is no reason to get the validity of an API key in realtime. It can always be checked when requests are made.

Agreed, thats just one way to go about it, thats one extra hop from my API, i would cache the other data, but when it comes to auth its not the same, caching auth/api key and assuming its valid isnt an option either, and checking for tokeninfo on every request on my API end, is too much of an overhead since Ive to always talk to GW2. Hope i was clear.

@"peekaay.3471" said:Agreed, thats just one way to go about it, thats one extra hop from my API, i would cache the other data, but when it comes to auth its not the same, caching auth/api key and assuming its valid isnt an option either, and checking for tokeninfo on every request on my API end, is too much of an overhead since Ive to always talk to GW2. Hope i was clear.

You don't have to call tokeninfoTake this for example https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/account?access_token=8A0F6DC1-6034-BF48-99FA-ABDF541F13401931E4F6-F174-433A-8563-EDC29561AA92It directly tells you the key is invalid, no need to call tokeninfo

Archived