Best way to give away all my stuff to friends/guildies before i close account

After being around since launch I'm finally done with this game. Why doesn't matter really, but I want to see what people think is the best way to maximize giving away all my stuff and gold. (its a lot). the mail system will break and think you are cheating if you send over 500. (hell the person can only open 55 worth a week anyway.). I can give a way my ton of mats i suppose too. I just don't want it to trip ANets anti cheating thing on the mail.

Sure wish I could give away the legendary armor and weapons among other things. :( I invested a lot fo time and money and I would at least like to see it all go to use. I cant give my account away or sell it since ANet will ban it anyway.

thoughts?

As Lunateric said, there is no limit on the amount of items you can send to someone other than the mail limits. If you sell and then transfer the gold, you'll pay the TP fees and therefore not send as much and who knows, maybe the people you want to send stuff to actually need mats. The easiest way to xfer stuff is to have everyone in the same guild and use the guild bank. You can put all your mats there and they can just withdraw what they need/want. Same with gold. Remember they have to be in the guild for at least 3 days before they can access the guild bank and have permissions to withdraw gold and/or items.

@Devilman.1532 said:Thanks guys I'm off to ESO.

you can play both, or leave GW2 on the side lines while you play ESO.

Having got kittened off not being able to finish part of the story line and seeing ESO on sale recently I picked up a copy. GW2 will still be available when I get fed up of ESO unless something more shiny has come along in the mean time.

There is no cap on sending coin; there's only a cap on receiving it. So you can send gold directly, but your friends won't be able to take in more than 500 gold each week.However, mail does have spam throttling, which means after every two mails, you need to pause. Thus if you plan on sending more than 500 gold of value to multiple people, then it's better to use currency proxies. Mystic Coins are a good choice

Even better in my opinion (for gifting lots of value) would be to buy up high value items, such as unused glyphs or infusions. It takes organizing mystic coins into 5 stacks to send 1250g (ish), can send 5000g worth of gold with just 50 ghostly infusions.

Or... don't send anything much. Give it 6 months or a year. Because you can come back to the game any time and many, many people who have left in frustration do come back. I get that you've reached the end of your time with GW2 and it's not up for discussion. I'm just suggesting: you might want to save some just in case.

@"Devilman.1532" said:After being around since launch I'm finally done with this game. Why doesn't matter really, but I want to see what people think is the best way to maximize giving away all my stuff and gold. (its a lot). the mail system will break and think you are cheating if you send over 500. (hell the person can only open 55 worth a week anyway.). I can give a way my ton of mats i suppose too. I just don't want it to trip ANets anti cheating thing on the mail.

Sure wish I could give away the legendary armor and weapons among other things. :( I invested a lot fo time and money and I would at least like to see it all go to use. I cant give my account away or sell it since ANet will ban it anyway.

thoughts?

First consider the friends you have, how many are them, how much could you give to each of them, then ask them what they are after:

Example: I want Rodgort the legendary, if one of my friends will leave the game and give me his stuff, he can either craft it and give it to me (first generation legendaries are tradable).

Giving them the items will reduce the impact in gold, etc.Same with gifting gem store items, that way you send gold over the cap.

Go to the direct product they want, no the money/mats (you will lost money selling mats fast).

As a second though, i leave this game "forever" 3 times, in one i sold everything and deleted 5-6 of characters also. Dont do it, if you are rich and want to give, do it, but dont sell it all, dont give all, dont delete or sell usefull stuff. Think in the next expansion and what could pull you to it.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:How can anet even see you gave your account away?Does that mean everyone who moves/relocates gets banned?

Unless you didn't make a seperate email address for your account

I doubt ANet can independently tell moving from giving away/selling.

A more probable problem is that the owner might come back and contact support to get his old account back. Someone could get sanctioned for that, either for giving it away/selling or for using an account that not yours, or the account might be permanently closed if support can’t determine who is the true owner.

I agree with the ones saying don't scorched earth yourself here, you might come back some day. Maybe you'll want to come back all fresh, maybe you'll want a comfy cushion of stuff, only you can say.

But if you do try to help your friends on your way out, and you do it by mail rather than guild bank, be it gold or mats make sure to type something in each mail explaining that it is a parting gift due to your departure. You need a "paper trail" so no one gets banned for RMT due to sudden large transfers of resources.

Also consider finding out what high ticket items your friends might be pining for. Maybe one of them's been saving for their favorite aura effect, or a permanent hair stylist. Maybe they have fancy dyes they desire, or gem shop items that you could gift them after changing gold to gems. I don't know what scale you have of goods/gold to disburse, or how many friends you want to do this for, so you'd need to figure out a "budget" per person.

Not sure if mail was changed. When I left I sent all my stuff (incl. 250 ecto and other 250 pcs T5/6 mats) in mail + 3-500 gold to a long time guildie via mail. We had to take some 1-2 min. breaks after 2-3 mails but it was not too bad.Neither account was banned/warned or anything like that. (Shouldn't be ofc, because no money was involved).Did not salvage account/soulbound stuff because we spent some 30-60 minutes with all the "mail-spam" delays :) - But that would amount to peanuts anyway.

Was a win-win; My guildie was happy and I got some sort of closure instead of being unhappy that the game was not what I hoped for.

@"Halandir.3609" said:Was a win-win; My guildie was happy and I got some sort of closure instead of being unhappy that the game was not what I hoped for.(Emphasis added)You know, that right there finally made me understand why someone would do a cleanout like this.

My perspective will likely always be "meh, you never know when you come back" (I did do that w/ gw1 once) so it's unlikely I would ever do it, but I'm glad it gave you what you needed and I hope OP finds a method that's positive for them!

I think you should keep your account since you never know if something changes that’ll make you want to return. But if you’re dead set on quitting, gifting can be great. Gift outfits, infinite tools, etc. Heck, even gifting stuff that you buy from the trading post would be great. Imagine if your friend sent you a permanent bank pass.

Archived