[Request] Add person who changed missions to Mission Log

Would it be at all possible to add a line to the mission log that reads:

Foghladha.2506 changed the mission preference to PvE

That would be huge. We want to keep it open to everyone to trigger missions but occasionally someone changes mission preference and nobody knows who. It would be nice to inform said person how the mission system works. Thanks!

This would be helpful to help people know who is doing what and then help teach them how this works.

What happens is someone changes it, doesn't do anything with it after changing it, and then no one knows why or who until an event that needed it in the other setting and everyone expected to be in the right setting. Of course, it could be restricted more with role settings, but in large guilds with several commanders using the system, it would still help to track who is doing what with missions.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Or you can remove their rights and gradually reinstate them when they are aware of the guild functions.

That's the available work-around.What OP asks for is a way to narrow down who does and does not need to be made aware of some of the nuances.

For the OP, I support the idea, as well as more logging generally. However, apparently ANet isn't sponsoring a Guild/Guild Hall team at the moment, so it's going to be ages until we see substantive changes. Unless there's an exploit or a game-stopping/breaking bug I doubt they'll touch it soon.

@Leablo.2651 said:Logging is well and good but if they're going to make changes to the code they should really be decoupling the permissions. Being able to start a mission and being able to change the guild's weekly mission preference are barely related.

Agreed, however In my experience asking for the simplest change is often times the best way to get reaction from developers. Complex changes usually get scheduled and often times forgotten about. A simple line entry would suffice then i could have a rank for people who know what their doing and another for people who don't. Would be the simplest fix and require the least amount of work.

I'd prefer if there was a separate permission for selecting the mission preference and activating guild missions. Having them grouped under a single permission may seem logical, but in practice it leads to issues like this. CV tried to keep the guild missions accessible to members, but after getting trolled a few times, we went back to restricting it to officers only. As long as there's always an officer online to start the missions, that works, but it may not be workable for guilds of all sizes.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...