Suggestion: Lower Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic cost per use.

Dmon.2089

Right now Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic takes 60 copper coins per use.The issue is that the Mystic Salvage Kit only takes 10 copper coins per use (1/6 of the cost of a gem store item), and at least I don't see to ever get out of Mystic Forge Stone to make more just with those I get from doing fractals and daily rewards, so ¿what's the point?I don't think I'm the only player seeing the use of the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic as a disadvantage.If the cost per use of the gem store item were the same as the Mystic Salvage Kit I think more people would see it as a nice item to purchase in the gem store encouraging players to get it, so I think it'd be a win-win scenario for players and for Anet.It's not that we would get less cost per salvage as most players are ussing Mystic Salvage Kits but a way to avoid having to create a new one every 250 uses.

• The Silver-Fed costs 60c per use, which is cheaper than the 61.44c/use cost of the Master's Kit
  • The Copper-Fed costs 3c per use, which is cheaper than the 3.52c/use cost of the Basic.

Your calculation ignores the fact that mystic stones are used to create Mystic Kits. At 450 Gems for 10, that means the cost of the Mystics is far greater than 10c/use. Obviously, if you are a veteran with tons of mystic stones, great; make and use the mystic kits. If you happen to salvage a skritt-ton of rares, then the Silver-Fed is a great deal, as when you inevitably run out of free stones, it's extremely convenient.

You 2 are the first players I hear say that.In every guild I've been when new players ask the answer usually is "Buy the copper one, the silver one is useless".I farm Istan and open and salvage drops, and still have no problem with Mystic Stones without ever buying them or black lion keys. But even if I had, you yourself just said it, it's useful IF you are out of Mystic Stones wich was my initial point.While the usefulness is limited by the diference in cost (that is 1/6) with the Mystic one, players that usually don't go out of Mystic Stones aren't gonna buy it (and either I had some weird luck or there are a lot of these) and are gonna discourage new players from doing so by pointing it's not worth it.

The value of salvage-o-matics is in the trips to the vendor you have to make to purchase consumable kits. In the case of the silver fed it competes against the mystic kit that is 250 uses and so you dont have to make many trips to the vendor. Also if you run of out mystic forge stones its not a massive upgrade from just getting 2 master's kit sit in the inventory for the mean time. I also find myself selling a lot of rares and not salvaging them too. If youre salvaging tons of ectoplasms or opening rare unid bags, say, you do so next to a vendor and buy loads of master kits at once and so it still wont be saving much trips - though its possible to make your money back if you do loads of salvages of items from rare unid bags. So silver fed one is totally not worth it compared to the copper one in typical play. If they ever changed the price of salvage to 10c though it would be worth it for the convenience.

@"Dmon.2089" said:You 2 are the first players I hear say that.In every guild I've been when new players ask the answer usually is "Buy the copper one, the silver one is useless".I farm Istan and open and salvage drops, and still have no problem with Mystic Stones without ever buying them or black lion keys. But even if I had, you yourself just said it, it's useful IF you are out of Mystic Stones wich was my initial point.While the usefulness is limited by the diference in cost (that is 1/6) with the Mystic one, players that usually don't go out of Mystic Stones aren't gonna buy it (and either I had some weird luck or there are a lot of these) and are gonna discourage new players from doing so by pointing it's not worth it.

Yes, exactly so: 60c per use is expensive for those who have tons of mystic stones. But I don't see why that's an issue, as it's still cheaper (per use) and more convenient than Master's Kit, which is the standard item for comparison.

Yes, because the users need another way to circumvent gold sinks.... But seriously. Gold is common as hell now. If you can't afford 60 copper, you may want to reconsider what you are using the salvaging tool on and change your salvaging habits. I only use the silver tool on Rare or better gear.

@Drecien.4508 said:It more for convenience than anything. I have two stacks of those forge stones and I'm about to throw them out. Useless.

Don't do that. They are useful in the mystic forge as a substitute item, saving 25% of the cost of rolling for random something. You can spam-use them all up in a single night if you like or just wait for mystic forge daily.

@"Dmon.2089" said:You 2 are the first players I hear say that.In every guild I've been when new players ask the answer usually is "Buy the copper one, the silver one is useless".I farm Istan and open and salvage drops, and still have no problem with Mystic Stones without ever buying them or black lion keys. But even if I had, you yourself just said it, it's useful IF you are out of Mystic Stones wich was my initial point.While the usefulness is limited by the diference in cost (that is 1/6) with the Mystic one, players that usually don't go out of Mystic Stones aren't gonna buy it (and either I had some weird luck or there are a lot of these) and are gonna discourage new players from doing so by pointing it's not worth it.

Thing is, Silver used on rares and exotics lv 60 and higher for ectos, dark matter. Never use it on anything esle.

Well, unless you working on raising your mag find, the you use it on ectos themselves to salve luck and dust.

Old video guide but you can see the idea

Archived