Forgot to update black lion chests?

Ferus.3165

Pretty sure it is. I can only figure they think that giving festival tokens will encourage players to stick around and visit next year's festival. But it's a real dis-incentive to use the chests at all until the next update. Last thing I need is 2 festival tokens...

They didn't "forget." The names are just a way to distinguish one set from another, they aren't meant to be linked entirely to the content out at the time.

Roughly, the pattern is:

• Chest content updates only on days with a major, scheduled release, typically new stories or festivals start dates; no exceptions.
  • There will be some scheduled updates that take place without a change in chest contents.
  • Each 'season' always lasts at least three weeks, usually four or five. Sometimes as long as 7+ weeks.

The next scheduled update is probably a week from today.(I've made other posts with more details about the timing, for those interested.)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:You got a choice of weapon with the now gone Time Keeper package.

Hopefully they offer other ways to get them and this doesn't end up being Immortal Weapons 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Why wouldn't it be Immortal weapons 2? They are set up exactly the same way.

Ya, which is a really crappy system tbh.

They eventually made Immortal weapons purchasable with statuettes for the low low price of 150 per weapon but that's probably statistically more than what it cost to just buy the packages.

It's not a good way to make them available and would be a shame to bury them when they did such a great job making them.

I'm pretty sure the gold and black weapons are supposed to be the new immortal weapons. It's not a good way of making them available, but presumably Anet's data indicates it works on some people or they wouldn't have made another set available by the same method. Unless the data is inconclusive (they know people buy multiple packs but can't tell which items they wanted) and they're just assuming it works.

Archived