How long are Black Lion Vouchers and Voucher Dealers available?

BlueJin.4127

How long will these Black Lion Voucher Dealer NPC’s be in the game? It would suck to buy a lot of vouchers and save some for later, only to have these NPC’s disappear, making the vouchers useless since the NPC’s are gone. Before I can decide how many vouchers to buy, it’s really important to know if these NPC’s will disappear, and if so, when they’ll disappear.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Drecien.4508 said:

@"Renoaku.4189" said:the ability to buy tickets from the in game store?"

what do you mean by this? Black Lion Tickets and scraps are from Black Lion Chests RNG

usually we see anet updates whenever there's a new set release or festival with weapon like Halloween.

It's the new tickets in the gem store.

oh... i guess it's probably a way for anet to get people to spent up on buying cosmetics in a more efficient way than putting them up one by one on discount; which may be an indication they may be removing those individual cosmetic items from gemstore in the future, making it only obtainable via gems through vouchers.which will free up a lot of gemstore's catalogue slots

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:You know, I'm not sure how long the Voucher Dealers will be in place. Let me see if I can get an answer about that tomorrow (during office hours) and if I do, I'll be sure to post it.

I would greatly appreciate a fast response. I want to purchase the 10-pack BL Outfit Ticket because that’s the price I consider reasonable for outfits, but there are only 3 outfits I’m definitely getting and 3 I’m probably getting. That leaves me 4 tickets that I may not use for months. I’m assuming that new outfits won’t be tradeable with these tickets (no Timekeeper, for example) so it may even be years before I use the remaining 4 tickets.

@Haishao.6851 said:I think they're a good idea for older items that rarely, or never come back. It also make some awesome gifts since the person you gift it to can pick what they want. Hopefully they stay there.

It is a nice way to gift from a category, and it ensures that the recipient doesn't get a double, especially for outfits or gliders. Bulk discounts are appreciated for those that are trying to collect/unlock a lot of these skins.

You can preview what's available at the vendor to confirm if newer skins aren't included (quite sure that they aren't). I would expect some rotation over time, similar to the statuette vendor, and that the vendors will be a permanent fixture. The availability of the vouchers may be on a rotation, but it's worth noting that this will effectively make it unnecessary to rotate these skins through the BLTC, since they can rotate at the vendor. This is less storefront work and clutter, so it's entirely possible that these vouchers will be available more frequently and/or for longer periods of time. It's also possible that single vouchers could be added as an uncommon or rare drop from BLC's.

@Gaile Gray.6029, I look forward to hearing back on the plan for these vouchers/vendors. Many thanks!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:You know, I'm not sure how long the Voucher Dealers will be in place. Let me see if I can get an answer about that tomorrow (during office hours) and if I do, I'll be sure to post it.

Also, post on the main site says:

Whether you’re pining for a Winter Monarch Outfit, Emissary’s Staff, or Super Cloud Glider, you’ll find it all here.But the glider is not available at the vendor. This misinformation should be corrected as well. ;)

@BlueJin.4127 said:

I would greatly appreciate a fast response. I want to purchase the 10-pack BL Outfit Ticket because that’s the price I consider reasonable for outfits, but there are only 3 outfits I’m definitely getting and 3 I’m probably getting. That leaves me 4 tickets that I may not use for months. I’m assuming that new outfits won’t be tradeable with these tickets (no Timekeeper, for example) so it may even be years before I use the remaining 4 tickets.

I'm in the same boat. I'm an outfit hog and would like to get the 10-pack of vouchers but only want to buy about 5 outfits right now. Would love it if this BL Voucher Vendor would be around permanently, but then again that seems hard to imagine, as it would cut into regular Gem Shop sales.p.s. For anyone outfit shopping, the Wedding Attire is usually 1000 gems, so getting it with a BLV is an even better deal. I love how it looks so different for each race.

• ArenaNet Staff

The Black Lion Voucher Dealer is in Lion’s Arch to help players would have not made a purchase yet and would like to see what’s being offered before doing so. Naturally, anyone who purchased a voucher would be able to see the options in the normal preview system on their hero panel. The vouchers—part of our Guild Wars 2 anniversary sales—will be available until September 4th

My question is regarding the ability to “trade the Vouchers,” not the ability to “purchase the Vouchers.” I know “purchasing Vouchers” is a limited time offer. However, if I stock up on Vouchers now and save the Vouchers to use later (say, 3 months from now), will the Voucher Dealers remain in the game so I can use my Vouchers in the future? Or will the Dealers be removed soon, meaning it’s pointless to stock up on Vouchers for later use, since they’ll be useless if the Voucher Dealers are removed.

Basically, we don’t want to buy 10 Vouchers, save half for later, and have the Vouchers “expire” on us.

• ArenaNet Staff

@BlueJin.4127 said:My question is regarding the ability to “trade the Vouchers,” not the ability to “purchase the Vouchers.” I know “purchasing Vouchers” is a limited time offer. However, if I stock up on Vouchers now and save the Vouchers to use later (say, 3 months from now), will the Voucher Dealers remain in the game so I can use my Vouchers in the future? Or will the Dealers be removed soon, meaning it’s pointless to stock up on Vouchers for later use, since they’ll be useless if the Voucher Dealers are removed.

Basically, we don’t want to buy 10 Vouchers, save half for later, and have the Vouchers “expire” on us.

Yes, I understand there are two questions: duration of the voucher availability and how long the vendors will be in place. I had the one answer and will post the other when I get it.

A concern could be that most players (afaik) do not read these forums. If they buy vouchers, save some or all of them for later, and then can't use them, I see all kinds of choya rage. Seems like the vouchers should be sold with a notice that vendors will only be around until _____, if that is indeed the case. I hope the vendors are permanent and that ANet can put a rotating selection of older outfits, gliders, and other skins there. Thank you.

Archived