Wrong starting Pet for Male Human Rangers is a bug?

Thandor.5748

Hello there Great Community,I wanted to see how Rangers perform in this game and I created a Male Human Ranger. When it came at pets, I selected Stalker and when I entered in the beginning area of the game I saw as his pet a Juvenile Fern Hound!!! I thought that this option was only available if I was creating a Sylvari race.... Am I doing something wrong or....???

You're not doing something wrong, it's a long-standing bug. I think it's one of those ones which keeps being fixed and then comes back when there's an update.

Your options are either to stick with your fern hound or remake the character (it's unlikely you'll get the same bug twice). You can tame wild versions of the human starter pets (and all the other ranger pets, there are none which are exclusive to character creation) but of course it will take some time to find them.

@"Danikat.8537" said:You're not doing something wrong, it's a long-standing bug. I think it's one of those ones which keeps being fixed and then comes back when there's an update.

Your options are either to stick with your fern hound or remake the character (it's unlikely you'll get the same bug twice). You can tame wild versions of the human starter pets (and all the other ranger pets, there are none which are exclusive to character creation) but of course it will take some time to find them.

Actually, the Juvenile Jungle Stalker can be found in parts of Caledon Forest, so won't take all that long for a new Sylvari Ranger.

@Thandor.5748 said:Guys thanks for your answers.So, I can tame Stalkers when I find them in the world? In case the starting pets are tamable then I will probably continue with that option. I thought maybe they were unique to each race.

No, ranges pet are for all rangers, all of them, regardless of your race, only expac pets are locked behind the expacs obviously.As a new player you will have one waypoint to each races staring zone, check wiki the pets location, go there, tame it, have fun

@Thandor.5748 said:Guys thanks for your answers.So, I can tame Stalkers when I find them in the world? In case the starting pets are tamable then I will probably continue with that option. I thought maybe they were unique to each race.

Rangers are the exception to the rule in this case. The equipment the other professions choose (mostly head and shoulder gear like the warriors helm or pauldrons and the mesmers masks) is unique, you can't get it in-game. (Which is why I spent the night the Wardrobe was added making and deleting characters to unlock them all.) But I guess because the ranger gets an actual pet with at least 1 unique skill instead of just a skin they didn't think it was worth making unique ones for character creation.

@"Plautze.6290" said:You can tame every pet in the world independent of your choices during character creation. Just walk up to it and press the according key when prompted ;)Also, the GW2 wiki can help you with finding them all! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_pet_locations

@phs.6089 said:No, ranges pet are for all rangers, all of them, regardless of your race, only expac pets are locked behind the expacs obviously.As a new player you will have one waypoint to each races staring zone, check wiki the pets location, go there, tame it, have fun

Thank you very much for the link and the info! I believe Guild Wars 2 has the most useful wiki.

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:You can, but only "green name" ones with the Juvenile prefix.

Thank you very much for the info as well, I will have my eyes open for those pets.

@Danikat.8537 said:Rangers are the exception to the rule in this case. The equipment the other professions choose (mostly head and shoulder gear like the warriors helm or pauldrons and the mesmers masks) is unique, you can't get it in-game. (Which is why I spent the night the Wardrobe was added making and deleting characters to unlock them all.) But I guess because the ranger gets an actual pet with at least 1 unique skill instead of just a skin they didn't think it was worth making unique ones for character creation.

Yeah I figure that part with the other professions as well. Seems like creating and deleting is the only option to unlock all the available options.

Archived