Which professions go best thematically with which races? - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which professions go best thematically with which races?

13>

Comments

• Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

@Edge.8724 said:
    For the humans in this game, I always though of this: Some proffessions seems tied with their gods.

For exemple,
    Warrior - Balthazar
    Guardian - Dwayna
    Revenant - N/A
    Ranger - Melandru
    Thief - N/A
    Engineer - N/A
    Mesmer- Lyssa
    Elementalist - N/A
    Necromancer - Grenth

For N/A, I didn't found them though... Only thing minght be Abbaddon or Kormir.

Back in GW2, the Elementalists technically had ties to all the gods, with Balthazar being Fire, Dwayna being Air, Melandru for Earth, Grenth for Ice and Lyssa being Energy capacity. I'm not sure how Kormir would factor into that now.

• @Edge.8724 said:
    For the humans in this game, I always though of this: Some proffessions seems tied with their gods.

For exemple,
    Warrior - Balthazar
    Guardian - Dwayna
    Revenant - N/A
    Ranger - Melandru
    Thief - N/A
    Engineer - N/A
    Mesmer- Lyssa
    Elementalist - N/A
    Necromancer - Grenth

that may be if u only accept 1 god per class and 1 class per god

Thief goes fine with grenth through the aspect of assassination / Close to death

thanks to the legend theme revenant does not really fit the gods but there can be made a Connection to kormir.. ofc grenth through the "killing theme" fits almost everywere

elementalist - Dwayna/ Grenth/ Balthazar/ kormir, depending on focused element and character.. for example an elementalist who prefere to just study as much Magic as possible.. fits fine with kormir

• @draxynnic.3719 said:
    When it comes to elementalists... it's mostly that we just generally don't see them. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any norn elementalist NPCs in EOTN, and while I'm pretty sure I've seen an NPC norn elementalist somewhere in GW2 (not counting Svanir shamans, since they're hardly representative of the norn in general and it's arguable if they're really elementalists at all), I can't remember where.

Norn in the Durmand Priory tend to be elementalists. Scholar Brogun comes to mind as one of the first you might meet.

@Edge.8724 said:

For exemple,
    Warrior - Balthazar
    Guardian - Dwayna
    Revenant - N/A
    Ranger - Melandru
    Thief - N/A
    Engineer - N/A
    Mesmer- Lyssa
    Elementalist - N/A
    Necromancer - Grenth

For Thief, you should put Kormir! Besides her "acquisition" of Abbadon's magic (and the spotlight), she's tied to the events of Nightfall and had been assisted by Order of Whispers, commonly viewed as "thieves," yet it's those thieves that are trying to see the whole picture, the whole truth of what's going on behind the scenes.

13>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.