Black Lion weapon vouchers, no warhorn? :(

ROMANG.1903

The Voucher system seems to be for older gemstore items and when I checked I did not see any gemstore warhorns at all. So it’s not likely there will be a warhorn in the Voucher list anytime soon. Gemstore weapon skins are usually the more commonly used items. The best bet for getting a unique skin for an offhand weapon such as a warhorn would be the Black Lion weapons.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The Voucher system seems to be for older gemstore items and when I checked I did not see any gemstore warhorns at all. So it’s not likely there will be a warhorn in the Voucher list anytime soon. Gemstore weapon skins are usually the more commonly used items. The best bet for getting a unique skin for an offhand weapon such as a warhorn would be the Black Lion weapons.I find it hard to understand why they went for such a system. Individual weapon prices were higher than the price we have now with a voucher... But I like that new system.

I don't recall any warhorn skin being sold individually in the gemstore (and now that I think about it, we don't have any torch either). I'd really like to have more customization options on my Tempest...

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The Voucher system seems to be for older gemstore items and when I checked I did not see any gemstore warhorns at all. So it’s not likely there will be a warhorn in the Voucher list anytime soon. Gemstore weapon skins are usually the more commonly used items. The best bet for getting a unique skin for an offhand weapon such as a warhorn would be the Black Lion weapons.I find it hard to understand why they went for such a system. Individual weapon prices were higher than the price we have now with a voucher... But I like that new system.

I don't recall any warhorn skin being sold individually in the gemstore (and now that I think about it, we don't have any torch either). I'd really like to have more customization options on my Tempest...

My take on the vouchers system is that it’s a way to have older gemstore items for sale but not have them on the gemstore itself. Mike O Brien said on a Reddit post

....GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items,..

This system gets around the gemstore limitation.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

My take on the vouchers system is that it’s a way to have older items for sale but not have them on the gemstore itself. Mike O Brien said on a Reddit post

....GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items,..

This system gets around the gemstore limitation.

Yep, it's also a good way of allowing people to "bulk buy" outfits and weapons; if people can buy 10 weapons vouchers for about half the price of buying 10 individual weapons then they might be more inclined to buy them using real money. Also if someone already has a voucher then they are probably more inclined to use it to unlock a weapon on impulse.

Speaking of the vouchers, this post from @"Gaile Gray.6029" is a little confusing: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52491/black-lion-voucher-vendor-temporarily-unavailable -- what "normal means" is there to exchange vouchers other than through the NPC? Both the NPC and the vouchers are brand new and I don't know of any other way to use them.

Unless you can double-click a voucher anywhere in the world to open the buy tab? I have not bought a voucher myself so I can't test it, as if I don't already have something that vendor sells it's because I made an executive decision not to buy it when it first came out.

Gaile was going to check today if the voucher NPC is temporary (and for how long) or permanent. I guess the answer to that will depend on whether the issue that made them disable it can be corrected.

As to warhorns, yeah, I can't think of any special skins for gems. I'm trying to recall if there are any other land weapons that have never had a gem skin.

@Donari.5237 said:Speaking of the vouchers, this post from @"Gaile Gray.6029" is a little confusing: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52491/black-lion-voucher-vendor-temporarily-unavailable -- what "normal means" is there to exchange vouchers other than through the NPC? Both the NPC and the vouchers are brand new and I don't know of any other way to use them.

Unless you can double-click a voucher anywhere in the world to open the buy tab? I have not bought a voucher myself so I can't test it, as if I don't already have something that vendor sells it's because I made an executive decision not to buy it when it first came out.

Gaile was going to check today if the voucher NPC is temporary (and for how long) or permanent. I guess the answer to that will depend on whether the issue that made them disable it can be corrected.

As to warhorns, yeah, I can't think of any special skins for gems. I'm trying to recall if there are any other land weapons that have never had a gem skin.

Gonna have to agree here. I was planning on buying a voucher or two but after reading that the vendor's been disabled I'm left confused as I don't see any other means to use them. :S

@Donari.5237 said:Speaking of the vouchers, this post from @"Gaile Gray.6029" is a little confusing: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/52491/black-lion-voucher-vendor-temporarily-unavailable -- what "normal means" is there to exchange vouchers other than through the NPC? Both the NPC and the vouchers are brand new and I don't know of any other way to use them.

I think the NPCs may have been disabled because of all the posts/reports of the game crashing when previewing items offered by those NPCs.

I wondered, and checked the Wiki (link Gaile posted), about how one redeems the Vouchers, as well. Nothing there to indicate there is another way other than the NPC.

Archived