How positive are you about the alliance system? [POLL]

Riba.3271

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players are already testing their alliance stacking. The only thing that will change is instead of saying one of the current stacked server names, it will be a generic world name with a stacked alliance on it. Players keep telling the forums "they want fights" yet have consistently proven they only "want easy loot/ranks" and "fights they can always win (usually by just outnumbering their opponents)". It is literally going to change nothing except perhaps the names of all the trolls wasting keep supply and pulling the tactics each matchup. The only other possible change I see, is that we go from 4 tiers to 3, which will make the reset que's unbearable for most people and make a lot of people find something else to do.

I think no one has any idea what this will be like. It might be too little too late; it might be exactly the sort of change to bring new life into an aging game mode.And, if it launched tomorrow, there would still be people saying, on its first day, that it failed or succeeded... when it would still be too soon to tell.

I'm less interested in whether people posting on the forums are hyped for|against it, and more interested in seeing what — and when — ANet will deliver.

Alliances themselves aren't going to fix wvw, but it is a necessary foundation for future wvw changes that will improve wvw. Gotta tear the old system down to replace it with a new system, as the original blog post stated. If alliances are properly designed and help balance population issues, then we get to other changes that require a balanced population as a prerequisite.

alliances will not change anything with wvw in the grand scheme of things, wvw is a game mode that lasts 24 hours a day for 7 days straight, unless people made this there full time job this game mode can never be balanced because of its nature, even if you try and balance worlds and recreate them the fact that one match is ongoing for so long can not be blanaced so easily. Also you are not giving veteren players who have been with this for a long time something new or some kinda of "endgame" feel to the mode. All this work anet has been doing over the past several months and will keep on doing will not change much to the game as people think, this work could have gone to a gvg system much like gw1 that most people in wvw want and you can somehow connect that system to wvw, im just looking at the facts, theres nothing new in gameplay coming to this so im pretty sure, even if old players return to the game out of curiosity, they will soon burn themselves out quickly as so many have before including myself. i dont want to try to sound like a pessimist, this game has many great things about it but it seems anet caters to new players more than veteren players especially in the mode wvw which has recieved little attention compared to everything else in this game and unfortunatly the pot will boil over

I don't know.the micromanaging part of actually getting people from different time zones means that alliances will be much more responsive and shift much faster then what we have now. band wagoning cant really happen unless an alliance sells a spot lol. if an alliance wants to do that then whatever, those people who band wagoned are most likely free bags anyways.I do wonder what will happen to the roamers/scouts/small guilds. they might be sought after if they actually take camps and stuff.

what happens if youre not in a guild though? do you just get tossed some where?

It won't be the magical "fix-it" button, but it is a good system to build other things from later on, so it is a useful change to the core system.

This won't fix: Humans/Players, coverage, competitive/casual, fairweathers, so most of the main problems still remain. This does partially fix stacking, and if players actually divided up more than they're going to, then it would have helped somewhat on coverage as well (but it won't, because humans).

I chose not to vote right now, because I don't feel informed enough to be able to give an opinion.The number of people I know in WvW has gone down significantly since we have server linking, both from the linked server and from my Aurora Glade home server. As a PvX player I am in no dedicated WvW guild and I have no idea how well the alliance system will be beneficial to my play style and gaming time slots.

To many unknown variables about the new alliance system. In any case , based on the fact that Anet felt the need to post a # on the first wvw alliance update (top of wvw forum) regarding this new system, I would venture to guess its gonna be a while, probably see another expansion before it comes out.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I think no one has any idea what this will be like. It might be too little too late; it might be exactly the sort of change to bring new life into an aging game mode.And, if it launched tomorrow, there would still be people saying, on its first day, that it failed or succeeded... when it would still be too soon to tell.

I'm less interested in whether people posting on the forums are hyped for|against it, and more interested in seeing what — and when — ANet will deliver.

This.

Overall positive, although I have dealt with the Kain Train on multiple occasions, and it's pretty clear all they want to do is k-train maps with giant blobs, at least it means the fight will come to you. They have shown that they will not simply log off if there is an opposing force, they still come to structures and are more than willing to fight, even withing the structures. I just hope the alliance system will bring guilds closer together. Too many are unwilling and/or disrespectful to other guilds to the point where they won't run together, despite the opposing server clearly having 2 guilds working together.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. As I've seen it now, even with servers attempting to over-stack themselves, they're still not very good when it comes to fighting, PPT'ing, or defending. Not unless they heavily outnumber you which isn't likely to happen under the alliance system.. at least in prime hours. This means (obviously), that a lot of the vets are gone so the bigger question is, will this new system bring some of the old players and guilds back.. that is what I'd like to see.

If that is the case, then Anet will need to be far more quick to act with possible alliance stacking.. like moving players and guilds on a daily basis if need be to balance things out.

How much it will improve the balance, I don't know. However, the fact that it fix a very critical issue which is the accessibility to the same base population is very important. Afterall, some wvw server is fat or thin is exactly because of their accessibility to general populations which then affect the guilds accessibility to numbers and that accessibility all comes down to historical events, logical choice, current events and to what seems insignificant to many, tiny feeling of just liking the server name. While it isn't a complete fix to the issue, it still significantly level the playing field for guilds when comes to personnel accessibility.

Archived