Youngest possible human player-character?

Danikat.8537

Does anyone know the youngest age a human player character could realistically be? I don't mean how old you think they look, I'm well aware some people dismiss 1/2 the available faces as "anime teenager". I mean how young could they be whilst still being allowed to do all the things they do - fight centaurs, get recruited to help the seraph, join an Order, kill a dragon and so on without anyone asking if they're old enough or if their parents/guardians are ok with it or running into the human equivalent of Taimi's problems with her guardians.

Based on real-life I'm thinking the oldest possible answer is 21 (the oldest limit I know of for someone being considered a fully independent adult) and the youngest would be about 14 - this used to be the minimum legal school leavers age in the UK: meaning you could graduate and get a full time job at 14.

I realise it's deliberately left open, as far as I remember you're never even told your character is considered young. But if I did want to make a character who has only just reached adulthood as defined in Kryta how old do you think they'd be?

I might bump it down as low as 16 (21 by PoF), if you're okay with a teenager being one of the most skilled adventurers in the world. Legal adulthood doesn't seem to be as important in Tyria as it is in the modern world, but there's still the matter of being old enough to be able to physically do what our characters do (and to have had the training and understanding to know how to do it).

Well, I suppose it depends on your story.If you're a streetrat, you've been fighting and sparring with your 'colleagues', a farmhand would've been fending off bandits all his life,and the rich guy would probably have had a sparring tutor or combat master.As for age.. well.. I guess you can make a character as young or old as you like, pick the right physical build, and face, and you RP any age you like.. well.. obviously not a kid.Similarly, it's also possible to play as an asura that looks like a progeny. Although an asura needs the makeover kit to access more kiddy-looking faces

Archived