Too everyone making title rage threads.

sephiroth.4217

Please stahp.

On a more serious note, it appears most have missed this comment.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

there's a lot of people saying that there won't be incentives or rewards so just wanted to put this out there for everyone who apparently missed it. I made it bold and more visible too.

I feel like they have listened to our feedback and people are jumping to conclusions too quickly, I feel like they are also making a logical choice here in terms to people playing the minimum games to keep a rank. Just my opinion, don't hang me too hard for it.

@"breno.5423" said:I don't want repleaceable rewards, i want god of pvp title! Ò.ó

Btw, you know that these "rewards" are going to be gold/gear/skin, which are all useless at the spvp perspective, right?

To be honest I haven't seen them say what the rewards will be, could end up being titles again for all we know... "earn X title for reaching Y tier" sort of deal... Probably a good time to ask for it or push for it though.

I also miss the old loot ticket system from years ago, skins that only pvp players could attain depending on ranks.... I personally wouldn't mind this system returning in the form of rankings or tiers they mentioned, to be able to wear skins that you can only attain once you reach a certain level in PvP.

@"breno.5423" said:I don't want repleaceable rewards, i want god of pvp title! Ò.ó

Btw, you know that these "rewards" are going to be gold/gear/skin, which are all useless at the spvp perspective, right?

That's my fear too.With the actual system, if reaching a tier gave you a title, they would litterally hold no value for most of them. Take a beginner who gets lucky on placement ( 9-1), placed at 1550. He does win next 2 matchs, reachs 1600 and the associated title. Then loses all matchs and settles at 1300. How would it be fair towards people who didn't get the same placement games ? This is also going to make wintrading happen a lot at top rank

So i assume this shall be PvE rewards, which is great though.

IMO the best kind of reward are the temporary ones, as badges for example.

I mean, this "temporary fact" forces you to keep playing to maintain your rating. If you drop to gold,you lose platinum badge, right? Imagine armor/weapon skins based on the effective rating. People would lose them if lose the rating (temporary factor). At the same time, they would represent your current/effective rating, that is yout "skill level". This is the kind of reward that i was talking about in the other posts.

Permanent skins dont give you the same respect than temporary ones (badge system is a good example).

If anet "fix" the badge system i would not care to the titles removal. Badge system is the best way to show your skill rating, but the current system isnt working properly.

At NA everybody at 1-250 placements are platinum, so you cant individualize them by skill level based on badges (this is being done by titles atm, thats why they are important to me).

Fix badge system and titles are going to be useless.

@"breno.5423" said:IMO the best kind of reward are the temporary ones, as badges for example.

I mean, this "temporary fact" forces you to keep playing to maintain your rating. If you drop to gold,you lose platinum badge, right? Imagine armor/weapon skins based on the effective rating. People would lose them if lose the rating (temporary factor). At the same time, they would represent your current/effective rating, that is yout "skill level". This is the kind of reward that i was talking about in the other posts.

Permanent skins dont give you the same respect than temporary ones (badge system is a good example).

I think this is why sometimes I get confused by your postings, you say titles are great (and I agree) but then you proceed to say why it's bad and temporary rewards are better such as badges (and I agree with that too) but then I'm left confused, do we want titles or not?

I know I want both lmao

EDIT: ok reading the post you made just as I finished typing this one clears up that confusion.

@breno.5423 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I'm sure Anet will come up with something worth while, based on how much I get moderated I'm positive they are reading these threads.

They just must work better on badges system. This is the solution to all problems.

*Sry if my language isnt clear, english isnt my main.

Don't stress bro, english is my main and I still butcher it daily :lol:

People here coming up with arguments that have no evidence. We literally don't know whats coming and that is alright for now. Let them take the time they need and gained out of having no rewards this season. Don't act like you know what's the best for the system, the solution is not that easy as you guys think. This stuff comes from experience not knowledge. A little pma would treat us all right, despite the past.

@"breno.5423" said:IMO the best kind of reward are the temporary ones, as badges for example.

This is interesting.

You win! Now here is your rock of glory. It's a little stone you can put next to your computer.

Lol it's almost as tho since the start if gw2. The devs have dine everything they can to make PvP a total joke on the community.

Wasted so much time on not removing the issue of wintraders by banning them. Also wasted years on worthless non competitive maps

If you want fun PvP just play unranked like I have for the last 6 seasons. Ranked isn't worth the time and hasn't been since season 4 ended.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Ranked isn't worth the time

What is worth to you?I only care with 1) leaderboards, 2) badges, 3) titles. These stuffs motivate me enough to play ranked.

I don't play ranked only for fun, or to interact with friends (i don't have a lot), i play because im competitive and these mentioned stuffs make me feel competing for anything.

The system is well implemented, but need adjustments. Badge system is nice, but its not working well, because almost everyone has the same badge. We need more badges, or more divisions, to individualize people by their achieves/merit/rating/skill level.

Competitive people (as me) care with these E-Kitten stuffs, thats why they are important.

@breno.5423 said:

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:Ranked isn't worth the time

What is worth to you?I only care with 1) leaderboards, 2) badges, 3) titles. These stuffs motivate me enough to play ranked.

I don't play ranked only for fun, or to interact with friends (i don't have a lot), i play because im competitive and these mentioned stuffs make me feel competing for anything.

The system is well implemented, but need adjustments. Badge system is nice, but its not working well, because almost everyone has the same badge. We need more badges, or more divisions, to individualize people by their achieves/merit/rating/skill level.

Competitive people (as me) care with these E-Kitten stuffs, thats why they are important.

u came 4 years or even 2 years late bro.....there is no competitive anymore

are u really bragging ur friend that " i'm plat 3 gw2 " ? i rather brag " i'm diamond 1 lol "

@Liza.2758 said:

are u really bragging ur friend that " i'm plat 3 gw2 " ? i rather brag " i'm diamond 1 lol "

Ofc i am.What would i be seeking at spvp if its not to compete for anything?Waste my time? Have fun? PvP its not only about fun to me, i want to compete.

@breno.5423 said:

Ofc i am.What would i be seeking at spvp if its not to compete for anything?Waste my time? Have fun? PvP its not only about fun to me, i want to compete.

yes but what i meant is u came in the wrong time. the game is no longer once it was.

it's not like we have any more pro tournament or esl

now it's full casual.

@Liza.2758 said:

yes but what i meant is u came in the wrong time. the game is no longer once it was.

now it's full casual.

I play sPvP since 2012, i know your point, but its not convincing.

Not banning win traders and hackers more frequently, creates a non-competitive game mode.

Eliminating Leaderboard titles without replacing or upgrading the current system, equals ANET does not care about the PvP community.

Poor marketing decisions by ANET in favor of only casual players is destroying the competitive PvP community and turning the game into a PvE Random Newb Arena.

The reach x tier for rewards is a dead before arrival idea.At the start of the season it is much easier to get into a high MMR bracket, especially if you do good in the placement matches. So this just rewards no lifing at the start of the season instead of playing the whole season.Of course it could also require the 120 matches played before counting your reached tier, but at that point the whole idea is still not much better than current season end rewards (only for people who play many times the required 120 games maybe)

@breno.5423 said:

now it's full casual.

Sorry bucko but PvP ranked hasn't been competitive since season 4 ended. PvP now is just about 500 people or less playing ranked against eachother lol. All the kids that either want a title or free pips by afking in ranked.

No one actually believes PvP is competitive in gw2. It's known in the community that its just a joke now.

Lack of players and lack of a competitive map/gameplay = unranked is more competitive lol ?.

Gw3 may have some actual PvP to play. Gotta wait now for it.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Ranked isn't worth the time

now it's full casual.

Sorry bucko but PvP ranked hasn't been competitive since season 4 ended. PvP now is just about 500 people or less playing ranked against eachother lol. All the kids that either want a title or free pips by afking in ranked.

No one actually believes PvP is competitive in gw2. It's known in the community that its just a joke now.

Lack of players and lack of a competitive map/gameplay = unranked is more competitive lol ?.

Gw3 may have some actual PvP to play. Gotta wait now for it.

No matter what people say, im still competitive and sPvP will always be competitive to me.

Archived