How could you catch Volden's Barrel(Wayfarer Foothills) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How could you catch Volden's Barrel(Wayfarer Foothills)

Kevach's Homestead [&BHEBAAA=]

I tried to catch the barrel, but it's won't let me catch it even if i stood in the AoE where it drops?
Is it broken?

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

If it is broken, it is a recent thing since it works for me. I think u just have to be in the circle and press the catch button if memory serves

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• I tried pressing F and Jumping, but it won't let me even if i stood before the barrel fell

I'll go an test it in a min, but I don't recall ever needing to jump

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• zenleto.6179zenleto.6179 Member ✭✭✭

I’ve never been able to do it. I think I’ve only ever seen one (possibly another) person manage it but I never got the trick to it.

Looking at the wiki, it would seem you need to be a bit ahead of the aoe since it's about the trajectory being low enough. It mentions jumping although I don't recall ever needing to do that

• thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭

I used to have this problem too - you need to stand in front of where it shows that the keg will land. After a couple of tries you'll get the hang of it. No need to jump.

• zenleto.6179zenleto.6179 Member ✭✭✭

Well then, first thing in the morning I’m going to have my first try at it in three years.

• I have never done this on any character, I try a few times, give up and go kill the wurms in the cave to finish the heart.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

You're better off trying to revive the passed out Warriors than doing that unless there is a title or achieve attached to it, lol.

Currently playing my Asura because my Norn on the Warclaw looks like it's sitting on a Chihauhau!!!
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Tried standing in front of the AoE, and it doesn't work. I think its just a broken system that ANet has no intention on fixing.

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's difficult to be in the right spot, but I've done it in the past. Frankly given the difficulty I found it a lot more efficient to complete the heart by dousing sleeping Norn. But it did definitely work.

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

@LoreChief.8391 said:
    Tried standing in front of the AoE, and it doesn't work. I think its just a broken system that ANet has no intention on fixing.

I tried it today and I couldn't catch anything. It did work in the past, but for some reason ATM it's not working as intended. Like @Biff.5312 says, it's a lot easier to throw water on the drunk Norn 😀

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.