Legendary crafting gone wrong.

Xeneth.9260

Hello dear fellows.This has probably been mentioned a few times before at least. But it would be really nice of Anet to add an option for Mystic Tribute to be salvaged to it's original components like Gift of Fortune. Today I accidentally started crafting mystic tribute components instead of Gift of Fortune . I made 2 of each - gift of condensed might and condensed magic instead of the required gifts for Sunrise. The icons for the gifts are really similar and since this was my first time crafting a 1st gen legendary I didn't notice the difference until it was too late.I wrote a ticket to support in hope they would reverse it since I saw a couple of people who had a similar problem reversed. It feels extra depressing to be in this situation. :disappointed:

I accidentally brought the wrong item for a WvW Leg armor precursor--grabbed the exotic not ascended version, which constitutes a couple weeks of ticket farming for me--and support corrected my error. It may take them a few weeks to respond (I hear they're crazy backlogged), but chin up. I'm sure they'll help you out.

I never noticed before that the icons for both are identical. Maybe that's something Anet could fix in future?

Personally I think Gen 1 legendary crafting would benefit from a collection system like the Gen 2 legendaries have. I know originally it was supposed to be a scavenger hunt and figuring out what was needed was part of the process but those days are long gone and now it looks quite strange, especially if you do the precursor collections, that the game gives you absolutely no clue what's needed to make a legendary.

I've made 3 gen 1 legendaries and I always start by making a 'shopping list' spreadsheet with everything I need, and I know other people use sites like GW2 Efficiency for the same purpose, but it would be nice to have something in-game and it would probably help prevent problems like this.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Shouldn’t be difficult to just shade one of them a different color such as purple.

Then you'll get complaints from people who are color blind.

It would be better to redo the artwork to have them be unique (or get a good indepth colorblind system in the core game)

Many years ago, I knew a guy who was almost totally colour-blind. That is, he could barely distinguish any colours at all. (Colour-blindness usually refers to a single axis e.g. red/green or red/blue, but there are cases where people see only grey, or almost that.)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Shouldn’t be difficult to just shade one of them a different color such as purple.

It would be better to redo the artwork to have them be unique (or get a good indepth colorblind system in the core game)

Many years ago, I knew a guy who was almost totally colour-blind. That is, he could barely distinguish any colours at all. (Colour-blindness usually refers to a single axis e.g. red/green or red/blue, but there are cases where people see only grey, or almost that.)

I have a member in my guild who is colorblind. He has Tritanomaly which makes most blues/purples completely indistiguinshable meaning the shift to a "purple" would be harmful for them.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Shouldn’t be difficult to just shade one of them a different color such as purple.

Sometimes, ANet's idea of redoing artwork is to flip the icon 180 degrees (horizontal), which is no help to people with my form of dyslexia — I can't easily distinguish mirror images.

Still, I'd prefer that ANet did both (color-code & flip icon), because at least that would help the vast majority of players.

There are a number of items that use similar/identical names and identical icons that should also get attention, including the Mystic Salvage Kit (identical icon to the Crude kit) and so, so, so many champ bags.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I never noticed before that the icons for both are identical. Maybe that's something Anet could fix in future?

Personally I think Gen 1 legendary crafting would benefit from a collection system like the Gen 2 legendaries have.They all have. The collection phase however have no bearing on the "Gifts" phase of legendary crafting, it's only to make the precursor (for gen 1) and make the precursor + part of one gift for gen 2.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Sometimes, ANet's idea of redoing artwork is to flip the icon 180 degrees (horizontal), which is no help to people with my form of dyslexia — I can't easily distinguish mirror images.

Still, I'd prefer that ANet did both (color-code & flip icon), because at least that would help the vast majority of players.

There are a number of items that use similar/identical names and identical icons that should also get attention, including the Mystic Salvage Kit (identical icon to the Crude kit) and so, so, so many champ bags.

I don't disagree and to clarify, when i say redo i mean have unique art assets.There's almost 0 reason for this not to be the case outside of poor resource management.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I never noticed before that the icons for both are identical. Maybe that's something Anet could fix in future?

Personally I think Gen 1 legendary crafting would benefit from a collection system like the Gen 2 legendaries have. I know originally it was supposed to be a scavenger hunt and figuring out what was needed was part of the process but those days are long gone and now it looks quite strange, especially if you do the precursor collections, that the game gives you absolutely no clue what's needed to make a legendary.

I've made 3 gen 1 legendaries and I always start by making a 'shopping list' spreadsheet with everything I need, and I know other people use sites like GW2 Efficiency for the same purpose, but it would be nice to have something in-game and it would probably help prevent problems like this.

Identical?

Gift of Magic vs Gift of Condensed MagicImgurImgurGift of Might vs Gift of Condensed MightImgurImgur

Additionally the condensed versions require the additional crafting steps(which also ends up adding a 80g hidden cost to gen2 legendaries if you only ever make on) while the gen1 gifts just requires tossing into the forge.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Identical?

Gift of Magic vs Gift of Condensed Magic
ImgurImgur
Gift of Might vs Gift of Condensed Might
ImgurImgur

Additionally the condensed versions require the additional crafting steps(which also ends up adding a 80g hidden cost to gen2 legendaries if you only ever make on) while the gen1 gifts just requires tossing into the forge.

The identical icons which we were talking about were those of Gift of Fortune and Mystic Tribute, if you go to the wiki page and check them out you'll see that there is no difference. I should've paid more attention to the names as well but it was my first time crafting a 1st gen Legendary.

The thing with changing the icon, or even color, is that unless you already know which is which, you’re going to need to read the name anyway.

If you look at the OP’s situation, a change of the icon wouldn’t have mattered. A Gift of Fortune is made by putting a stack of the tier 6 fine mats directly into the forge. The Mystic Tribute is made by putting craftable gifts of these fine mats into the forge. Changing the icon wouldn’t have mattered as they made the mistake already prior by crafting the items for the mystic tribute.

Most people crafting a legendary will usually use a guide which will display the correct gift and how to craft it. The wiki pages are pretty clear on which gift you are to use.

Archived