Nightfury / winters presence conversion

hello guys,

at first sorry for my bad english but i'll try my best to explain our thoughts from the german forum.

The main idea is to please anet to change something about these two items.We do like both auras but its sad that these are shoulder skins and many stylish armors look pretty ugly without big shoulders.I want my little asuran to wear a scarf inside the snowflakes from winters presence!

I do a litte summary of our ideas:the best idea in our opinion will be to convert the skin into an infusion because the are already so many of them with visual effectsfist way: a little collection that requiere the skin unlocked and rewards us with the infusionsecond way: a merch -maybe Miyani- sell us an accound bound version of the skin if we got it unlocked on the account and we get a simple reciep to convert it with the mystic forge into an infusion. something like: the skin itself-+9 agony infusion+xxx+xxx

alright thats the short version of our thoughts and i would like to read your opinion about that

@Tails.9372 said:

@"Holzmarie.1278" said:the best idea in our opinion will be to convert the skin into an infusionI'd rather "decouple" special item effects from skins so you can transmute the EQ piece in question without losing the effect you want to have.

That's not a good solution, because one might not like the stats of the piece in question (but would be unable to change them without destroying the effect), and it could bring other issues as well (see Rime-Rimmed Aquabreather).

An infusion would indeed be the only logical solution.

@Ashantara.8731 said:one might not like the stats of the piece in question (but would be unable to change them without destroying the effect)Then turn every item with an unique effect which isn't an integral part of the item design itself into an ascended item (they're usually ten times more pricey than the basic ascended stuff anyways) and make ascended stat change only change the stats and not the basic item type. The upsides for customization would be ultimately far greater than what you get by turning X into an infusion.

I don't think I posted in one of these threads yet because I don't have nightfury and I did not have any shoulderarmor skin that I really liked a lot, so I didn't think about it.

But when I just saw the pictures of the anniversary shoulders, I first thought "Wow, I will use those" and then I remembered I would lose my wintersday snow :(So I'll join in with the multiple requests to make that effect (and any others like them, like the icy aquabreather skin) into infusions or something else that will apply the visual. Even the polyluminescent upgrades are a better system than making a characterwide visual effect into a shoulderskin in my opinion.

Don't change anything, leave it working as it is BUT give everyone who owns either skin the 1 infusion (or a way to craft more after initial one). I like that I can get effect just by transmuting it as I don't really like any shoulders in the game and for me , swtiching infusion around characters would be just plain annoying.

Archived