Griffon mount flight bug

DisC.4517

With ONLY the second mastery unlocked when you dive to gain speed you can use the reverse key to climb using stored speed (S by default). When doing this you can get kicked of the mount wilst also locking the griffon model to your playermodel. This will happen only when you get to within about 10 - 20 meters of a map object.

I have tested this on 2 different characters on the following maps:

• Divinity's Reach
  • Bloodstone Fen
  • Elon Riverlands

I think it has something to with the game thinking you are on the ground while you are still midair.

*edit:It also appears that turning while climbing and flapping causes this to happen aswell.

I have had this problem occur very frequently and only when diving for speed. I have all griffon masteries so it is not just a problem with level 2.

I found a youtube video of someone else having this problem as well. You dive for speed, continue flying, and then just randomly your griffon model freezes and you fall straight down. You cannot glide out of this either.

• 2 weeks later...

It would also be very helpful if we could PLEASE get a post (on these forums or wiki -- not reddit, twitter, or facebook) from Anet how to control the mount so (although very helpful) we don't have to rely on experiments and theories from the player base. Then we can distinguish from actual bugs versus "user error".

Archived