Dear Streamers

sephiroth.4217

Just curious if any of you have a potato powered PC like I do and what you use to stream and edit?

I'm looking for something free preferably that will allow me to put my ugly mug in a small window and allow me to edit songs or insert text into the videos... I tried fraps but its limited and so was Bandicam.

Any help would be awsome, thanks.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:What are your specs?

im not much of a tech wiz but its an all in one hp pavillion made about 5 years ago, AMD or something... so really bad....

fraps was meh, bandicam gave me fps drop so im gunna try this OBS thing out this weekend

OBS studio is also what I use. I used to use bandicam, xsplit and shadowplay, however OBS was he only one that wasn't as resource intensive, thus my potato PC could stream and play. More options too thanks to filters and such. Been using OBS for streaming for probably 3 years now

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:What are your specs?

im not much of a tech wiz but its an all in one hp pavillion made about 5 years ago, AMD or something... so really bad....

fraps was meh, bandicam gave me fps drop so im gunna try this OBS thing out this weekend

OBS studio is also what I use. I used to use bandicam, xsplit and shadowplay, however OBS was he only one that wasn't as resource intensive, thus my potato PC could stream and play. More options too thanks to filters and such. Been using OBS for streaming for probably 3 years now

I have to ask about recording settings..

The game and recording runs really smooth but the video comes out like a stop motion video... I have reduced the resolutions all the way down to where the quality is, bad... Ontop of that Ive tried using lossless quality, force scaling and the other options but no matter what I do, my video comes out like a stop motion video.

Did you have this issue and if so, how did you fix it?I'm using Game capture source .I think my PC might be too potato for this but hopefully there's a fix.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Just curious if any of you have a potato powered PC like I do and what you use to stream and edit?

I'm looking for something free preferably that will allow me to put my ugly mug in a small window and allow me to edit songs or insert text into the videos... I tried fraps but its limited and so was Bandicam.

Any help would be awsome, thanks.

OBS is great for both recording and streaming. Also if you have a Intel CPU you can use the iGPU for encoding via quicksync, which is great because using the iGPU means no performance hit.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Chilli.2976" said:What are your specs?

The game and recording runs really smooth but the video comes out like a stop motion video... I have reduced the resolutions all the way down to where the quality is, bad... Ontop of that Ive tried using lossless quality, force scaling and the other options but no matter what I do, my video comes out like a stop motion video.

Did you have this issue and if so, how did you fix it?I'm using Game capture source .I think my PC might be too potato for this but hopefully there's a fix.

Ay first, I relied on videos like this:

Youtube is a great help for video tutorials on how to setup OBS for better streaming quality. There are lots out there so search for more. 720p is good enough for streaming (as I had the stop motion thing when I was streaming higher) and bitrate I use is ~2500 with 30fps.

I also upgraded to Stream Labs OBS as I use Stream Labs for my alerts like new followers, subscribers...etc. It was buggy at first, however with patience it works great and convenient for me.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Youtube is a great help for video tutorials on how to setup OBS for better streaming quality. There are lots out there so search for more. 720p is good enough for streaming (as I had the stop motion thing when I was streaming higher) and bitrate I use is ~2500 with 30fps.

I also upgraded to Stream Labs OBS as I use Stream Labs for my alerts like new followers, subscribers...etc. It was buggy at first, however with patience it works great and convenient for me.

I've been trying a lot of videos and this is the best quality I can get so far

... After a few more tweaks suggested by some youtube videos my OBS is now getting encoder overloading messages but I will try this video out too this weekend...

OBS looks like it has the sort of features I was after and I didn't feel any drops in game so it would be nice to get it working.. Despite what that video looks like, my game was running really smooth.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I've been trying a lot of videos and this is the best quality I can get so far
... After a few more tweaks suggested by some youtube videos my OBS is now getting encoder overloading messages but I will try this video out too this weekend...

OBS looks like it has the sort of features I was after and I didn't feel any drops in game so it would be nice to get it working.. Despite what that video looks like, my game was running really smooth.

TBH im still playing with mine as well. I made a change this morning I thought of but I need to test to see if its an improvement. Once you learn the basics, it becomes more enjoyable to play with.

Archived