Could the Herald changes be a hint at the future Elite Spec?

Knighthonor.4061

Basically, herald was suppose to be a support class. For example like chronomancer was. Herald was suppose to be that guy.. but it failed because it wasn’t made correctly therefore anet Wanted to revamp the first elite spec. Instead of going straight to renegade first. So for one it was suppose to be supportive. Secondly it came out before renegade so they wanted to fix what’s been broke longer. And thirdly I believe the next elite spec will be either an extreme healing class or and extreme dps of the power sort not condition. Since kalla/renegade is condition herald is support.. only thing missing is power or healing. Tbh I would be happy with either or

The way I see it, absolutely.

What I expect likely come out of this rework is a more narrow niche of Herald, focused more heavily on being a support. How good of a rework it is, we don't know yet. I hope it's decent and won't have to backtrack on it over and over.

We've seen "focusing" elite specializations already. Druid is a good example, where they took parts of the "freebies" that came with Druid and split them into competing, build-defining traits.I assume Herald will be in line with it - Three faces of being a support, but as an example, one will offer great healing, second great offensive boons and third some sort of more niche utility or soloplay trait.

What's a bit unique with Herald is that, apart from the time when the revival trait placed Infuse light on downed body (omegalul) or the broken interaction with retri stab on dodge, it's traits have never been particulary gameplay defining, interesting or impactful.When most other Elite specs packed the real punch in their traits - Druid, Berserker, Daredevil etc. - Herald packs the true power and almost all the amazing utility on Glint Legend.

If I was to predict how it goes, I see some of the utility from Glint Legend itself shifting into traits to lower the powerlevel of the Legend, but keep Herald's powerlevel intact.

One thing I hope ArenaNet accounts for is that we don't have a proper power dps elite specialization yet, so they shouldn't go all in on support yet, they can finalize the transition later.Herald still has to support Power Rev, at least untill we get a suitable elite spec replacement.

@Justine.6351 said:Its like me ordering a tuna sandwich for lunch and someone trying to figure out what I will have for supper based on that.

Perhaps a slice of ham, with mashed potatoes. Gotta have a different taste for dinner, or you'll start to dislike the taste of seafood :p

On a serious note, they probably just thought that Heralds wanted a support build, as was originally intended for the espec to be. I have a feeling they'll kill my fractal carry build, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a glorified cheerleader yet.

I do not know about new elite specializations, but what's telling me is that there will be much more underwater content in the future, if not in living world maps, in expansions.

Other than that, the initial elite specializations were kind of 'generic' even if they had clear intentions, so it's normal if they focus each specialization more into a specific role the more specializations are added.

Once you have 3 specializations, you can make one to focus on Damage, one to focus on support, and one to focus on control.When you have 6, you can make them focus even more in more specialized roles, so each elite specialization could do 3 of these nicely in different degrees, but one much more than the rest:

• Damage
    • Power
    • Condition
  • Support
    • Heal
    • Buffing
  • Control
    • Sustain
    • CC

I'm not sure that e-spec should be confined into specific role and this rework that they do on herald don't really hint toward this possiblity. While "unifing humanity" (a strange thematic in GW2, maybe a badly chosen words) and "unifying a group of champions" seem to clearly lean toward support, "channeling her gift of prophecy" seem to suggest something more selfish.

Now, what they highlight in the change preview is essentially some change involving F2 that would interact more with the channeled legend. In a way, it displease me because I use a lot the active part of the F2 when I play herald and it will mess with my habits. However, I also feel that the idea of deepening the bond between the different legends and the e-spec is interesting.

Now, on the topic of whether it's a hint for futur elite spec or not, I'm waiting for renegade to have it's F2, F3 and F4 reworked in the same way before having my hopes up or even beginining to think that it is a hint for the futur.

They could be. Then again it could be a simple matter of ANet deciding that Revenant is underperforming (it is) and they need to make changes. They just released PoF so I imagine we are a good year or so out from another expansion. I'm glad ANet doesn't wait until the expansion to fix things that need fixing. I imagine that Revenant will undergo a lot of changes before we see its next Elite spec.

Instead of trying to predict what might be I say we just appreciate the fact that it got a fix. Let's keep in mind, Elite specs can be moved (Weaver was originally going to be in HoT after all) around and so changes made to Herald now may not be relevant to anything from a future Elite.

I really hope the change to facets is extremely limited. Rev by design or result of incorrect design, must have access to might, fury and swiftness to function. If the accessibility to these boons is hurt power herald will be dead in every game mode but group PvE.

Archived