A Week without Stealth

Straegen.2938

@derd.6413 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:Anet has stated that eventeffects that affect coremechanics of some classes will never be implemented. Thus you will never see a no stealth week.

So I guess No Downstate week’s effect on Scrapper’s core mechanic was Anet’s official shaft to the Scrapper lol

what's a scrapper?

That thing that lives under the stairs and not allowed into the public for them to see because its so hideous.

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:Anet has stated that eventeffects that affect coremechanics of some classes will never be implemented. Thus you will never see a no stealth week.

So I guess No Downstate week’s effect on Scrapper’s core mechanic was Anet’s official shaft to the Scrapper lol

what's a scrapper?

That thing that lives under the stairs and not allowed into the public for them to see because its so hideous.

i was certain it was some charr title

@Rysdude.3824 said:

No warrior Revenge either. No Ranger pet revive... It hit everybody equally. Scrapper is not a unique snowflake, but the 2 people impacted by this must have really been upset

@Blocki.4931 said:

No warrior Revenge either. No Ranger pet revive... It hit everybody equally. Scrapper is not a unique snowflake, but the 2 people impacted by this must have really been upset

What you listed aren’t profession mechanics

@Rysdude.3824 said:

It would seem I misquoted Anet somewhat. I have looked for and found the post I based my message upon.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

@Rysdude.3824 said:

Unique skill effects that only the respective classes have sounds like a profession mechanic. All of those can be improved with traits out of traitlines, but none of them are elite spec exclusive. Point stands. They didn't have it any better or worse than anybody else

@LaGranse.8652 said:

It would seem I misquoted Anet somewhat. I have looked for and found the post I based my message upon.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

Understood OP, thanks for clarifying.

No down impacted everyone guaranteed, despite class/build. Not everyone stealths. removing downstate isnt a class mechanic directly...stealth is. I understand that some traits would be impacted for no down, however no down was targeting 1 thing.... the down mechanic. Its not a class mechanic . Stealth directly targets a core class mechanic.

To be honest I'm main thief I wouldn't mind this. But people who complain about this cus they are dying to thiefs or mesmers or whatever is in stealth are my problem.

Like warriors can do constant crits of around 7 too 10k on my thief.The core guardian with hammer ports and kinda one hits meOr the rev that just dance around me with sword build

I mean there are so many build out there doing equal high damage to a thief in a flash. The people complaining about stealth are complaining about mobility stealth isn't the problem. But they don't realise its mobility cus they don't see how thief is wandering around in stealth all they see is backstab and cry about stealth.

Side note I'm not even using stealth often on my thief so it wouldn't bother me such a event. Just trying to say that stealth isn't the problem. As other classes deal equal dmg with higher sustain. Instead of sustain thiefs have mobility.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Unique skill effects that only the respective classes have sounds like a profession mechanic. All of those can be improved with traits out of traitlines, but none of them are elite spec exclusive. Point stands. They didn't have it any better or worse than anybody else

function gyro really had no use that week aye

Archived