Help me find my profession! :)

Exce.4069

Hey, im new to the game and wonder what profession is "better" for a solo player that mostly play a dps and will mostly doStory (getting a feeling of the game, complete the map)Fractals (love pve in other games and want to be "useful" in a grope)WvW (seems to be interesting but i do not pvp that much in other games)
Im primarily interested in Mesmer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Revenant and Thief. But im open for whatever if some other profession might be better for PvE content that will be my main focus.Any suggestions are a big help! :)

Well out of those options I would probably say Necromancer. You not only have access to pets to help you out, but the Deathshroud class mechanic is essentially a “second health bar” for added survivability when solo.

However!

For just solo PvE, be it open world or story, all classes can do it just fine. There’s really no need to center something as impactful as class choice around that.

Edit: woohoo! Thank you, whoever clicked Helpful on this post - it was my 250th “Helpie”! :kissing_wink:

@"Exce.4069" said:

Fractals (love pve in other games and want to be "useful" in a grope)

that is when mesmer shines and necro doesnt. like mesmer is the most useful profession in pve group content... and there is a lot of bias against necro, because necro does not reach benachmark dps and the "usefulnes" is limited to utilities that lose in effectiveness, the better the group is/gets you are playing with.

How much more expensive are we talking about? I have heard that its not "easy" to get money in this game, is that true? If its a easy ore hard learning curve does not matter.And if so are there some other profession that might be better suited for my "needs"? Like i said in my first post im open for whatever profession honestly. The ones i listed just caught my eye honestly.

So you were looking for a profession?Where were you looking? Maybe i can help you to find it? Did it have some special markings or a name?

No srsly its pretty easy to start out with warr, ranger or necro.Necro is a good start to learn the game but for fractals id say make a mesmer as a second tune or revenant.Ele is a bit on the tricky side of things make one when you think you understand the game properly.

And my honest best advice i can give you: Play ranger.Its a must have in groups as a druid. Does solid dps as a soulbeast (power or condi), is very versatile on itd own, its easy to start out and you can roam with it in WvW.

Sure you can say i am biased because i main ranger, but it nails all heads if your question.

@"Exce.4069" said:How much more expensive are we talking about? I have heard that its not "easy" to get money in this game, is that true? If its a easy ore hard learning curve does not matter.And if so are there some other profession that might be better suited for my "needs"? Like i said in my first post im open for whatever profession honestly. The ones i listed just caught my eye honestly.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/chronomancer/support/

You can look up the gear/build here. Sigil of Concentration alone will set you back 35-40g.

Edit: You can also look up the ability rotation.

Thank you all for your help!I have decided to try out the Mesmer to start with sins its "unique" to Guild Wars 2. But if i find my self feeling that its not right fit for me i will try out other professions suggested to me here :).Its not rely easy to find "the right" profession in this game as a new player... ;)

Archived