Best Worlds with Ktrains?

Scar.1793

On my World it's a bit difficult to find a good one. Most of the time they spend time fighting off another zerg instead of capturing as much stuff as possible as a Ktrain should do.

Any recommendation pls ? Trying to get to rank 350. I'm half way there but still, would be much faster with a Ktrain and wouldn't feel like I waste my birthday boosters/XP boosters.

@Scar.1793 said:On my World it's a bit difficult to find a good one. Most of the time they spend time fighting off another zerg instead of capturing as much stuff as possible as a Ktrain should do.

Any recommendation pls ? Trying to get to rank 350. I'm half way there but still, would be much faster with a Ktrain and wouldn't feel like I waste my birthday boosters/XP boosters.

Kill the Overgrown Grub for WxP.

@Scar.1793 said:On my World it's a bit difficult to find a good one. Most of the time they spend time fighting off another zerg instead of capturing as much stuff as possible as a Ktrain should do.

Jade Quarry is good for that!

hi scar.

check wvwstats.com, the server, on your timezone, with the most activity, is where you want to go.

bu i would wait next week for link reset.

@"Scar.1793" said:Not sure if last comments were trolling... but yea thanks I guess, I’ll try to ask on Reddit.

Unfortunately they were serious. WvW is serious business to some people and anything other than zerg fighting is frowned upon. You are expected to only run Meta builds and professions, be on TS or Discord, and only do what the Comm says. I feel for you though, it would be great if everybody could play how they want to play and not be made to feel bad for doing so. Unfortunately you will be harassed and flamed for being a "Casual" like it's a deadly disease. They will tell you to go play Edge of the Mists, but I'm sad to say that EotM is pretty much dead. I do wish you the best of luck. Sometimes you can find some Commanders that will K-train, or at least make an effort to capture objectives rather than just fight. Otherwise, grind it out slowly flipping camps and occasionally helping take a keep or tower.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:

@"Scar.1793" said:Not sure if last comments were trolling... but yea thanks I guess, I’ll try to ask on Reddit.

Unfortunately they were serious. WvW is serious business to some people and anything other than zerg fighting is frowned upon. You are expected to only run Meta builds and professions, be on TS or Discord, and only do what the Comm says. I feel for you though, it would be great if everybody could play how they want to play and not be made to feel bad for doing so. Unfortunately you will be harassed and flamed for being a "Casual" like it's a deadly disease. They will tell you to go play Edge of the Mists, but I'm sad to say that EotM is pretty much dead. I do wish you the best of luck. Sometimes you can find some Commanders that will K-train, or at least make an effort to capture objectives rather than just fight. Otherwise, grind it out slowly flipping camps and occasionally helping take a keep or tower.

Yea lots of elitists for a cheesy game mode imo. Out TS on our server needs you to be registered and put on a whitelist by some random admins. Needless to say I never went there again as I have other things to do than beg for access. Got from 30 to 181 while listening to music and I still have 30 birthday boosters (1d). So I guess I’m ok, I do find some nice roaming groups on my server but not always. Just switched to scourge to cheese a bit myself and they are really good to tag enemies. You get quite a lot of xo that way by spamming random crap on the ground.

Join any of the language servers. German, French or Spanish. They do everything they can to avoid any type of fight, and only pvt and karma train all day.

@Scar.1793 said:

@Scar.1793 said:Not sure if last comments were trolling... but yea thanks I guess, I’ll try to ask on Reddit.

Yea lots of elitists for a cheesy game mode imo. Out TS on our server needs you to be registered and put on a whitelist by some random admins. Needless to say I never went there again as I have other things to do than beg for access. Got from 30 to 181 while listening to music and I still have 30 birthday boosters (1d). So I guess I’m ok, I do find some nice roaming groups on my server but not always. Just switched to scourge to cheese a bit myself and they are really good to tag enemies. You get quite a lot of xo that way by spamming random crap on the ground.

Servers require verification because of server linking and people coming into TS to spy. If taking 1 min of your time to verify yourself makes the server elitist, well then you have a skewed view of what constitutes elitism. You can mute your mic and never talk, turn your music up loud enough to not hear commands, and you only have to verify yourself once, don't need to do it every time.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Scar.1793 said:Not sure if last comments were trolling... but yea thanks I guess, I’ll try to ask on Reddit.

Servers require verification because of server linking and people coming into TS to spy. If taking 1 min of your time to verify yourself makes the server elitist, well then you have a skewed view of what constitutes elitism. You can mute your mic and never talk, turn your music up loud enough to not hear commands, and you only have to verify yourself once, don't need to do it every time.

Having to do ANYTHING you don't feel like is elitist. Not having a karmatrain waiting in spawn for him to join whenever he wants to farm his legendary backpack while hating on the gamemode? Elitists who don't like casual players! How dare they enjoy PvP.

You want karma trains? Try the following servers :DesoSFRGandaraPikenFSPAny german server for mornings and afternoonsBB for evenings / nights and spanishAny french server for next level karma.

Oh wait that's almost all the servers in the game :bleep_bloop:"but elitists !!!!!!" Elitists what? Maybe 3/15 EU servers are elitist and actually want to play and fight. The rest is just mediocre ktrain until you come spoil their ktrain and then they afk in spawn or hop to desert bl to ktrain some more. While complaining about the lack of commanders and players willing to teach, and balance, and everything else of course.

@Scar.1793 said:

You guys are not really making a good case for the casual WvW player on GW2, you know.

Luckily I have seen a lot of good and friendly casual players as well who are willing to ask and learn.

Wait for relinks at the end of the week.

If after that you still are looking then just try to get on the most active servers at the top tiers. They all have to ktrain to stay in the top tiers, they just pretend to do otherwise.

Every server (and game) has their wannabes and useless jerks. Your tactic of ignoring them and listening to music is the best for enjoyment of the game. Joining comms is really isn't that necessary. It definitely helps, but the down side is you have to listen to all of the idiots.

Archived