HMS Divinity and BLade Burst animation

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Sup! I just crafted HMS Divinity, the 2nd gen Rifle legendary and tested it out on my engie. Before crafting it I checked the wiki out to see which animation changes when using it and such. I also checked out youtube and found the same standard skill (auto attack/grenade barrage).

However, HMS Divinity, just like The Shining Blade, does change the animation on the toolbelt skill of Lazer disk; blade burst.I thought it would be worth mentioning :P

took a quikc screen shot of it. Basically same animation as the auto attack (fyi with shining blade equipped it will throw purple swords)https://imgur.com/a/4fSy7DG

I think the effects (and sfx) on this weapon are some of the best in the game. Genuinely.

It's only held back by two real issues:

1. The boat segment on the skin looks really bad. In particular, I don't like how nonsensical the sails block your character's view. Had the sails been some clever scope design, I would've given it a pass, and thought it were witty. But it's just a really impractical design. It's just such a shame. I wanted a cannon, instead I got a boat...

2. There's no real "canon" type build in the game. Deadeye rifle is more of a machine gun/sniper rifle, Warrior rifle is uh... (a mess?), while Engineer rifle autoattack hits like a wet noodle.

Had there been a more practical design for Divinity (without boat), and a build which matches its powerful looking effects, I would have loved it.

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:

1. There's no real "canon" type build in the game. Deadeye rifle is more of a machine gun/sniper rifle, Warrior rifle is uh... (a mess?), while Engineer rifle autoattack hits like a wet noodle.

Rifle stealth attack does hit like a cannon though ^^

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:I think the effects (and sfx) on this weapon are some of the best in the game. Genuinely.

It's only held back by two real issues:

1. The boat segment on the skin looks really bad. In particular, I don't like how nonsensical the sails block your character's view. Had the sails been some clever scope design, I would've given it a pass, and thought it were witty. But it's just a really impractical design. It's just such a shame. I wanted a cannon, instead I got a boat...

2. There's no real "canon" type build in the game. Deadeye rifle is more of a machine gun/sniper rifle, Warrior rifle is uh... (a mess?), while Engineer rifle autoattack hits like a wet noodle.

Had there been a more practical design for Divinity (without boat), and a build which matches its powerful looking effects, I would have loved it.

Yeah I cna kinda agree with you. I do play a charr engineer so the sails arent rly in the way other thna they are clipping into my characters head. And the fact that engineer happens to be one of the worst classes to get a legendayr weapon on due to the lack of interesting skill animations that arent projectiles. This is a problem for me since i play 95% WvW where the projectile hate is insane!

I do NOT regret making it tho, it's by far my fav legy themewise and effects wise. :D

Archived