k/d ratio. any other ratio we can replace this with?

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One ratio I personally like is something I call "kdr ratio", which is equivalent to kdr_of_server_a/kdr_of_server_b from the most recent matchup of a and b. If you unravel it into all of the components you get (kills_a*deaths_b)/(kills_b*deaths_a). While a match is still occurring, you'd have 6 of these ratios with half being the inverse of the other half.I actually have a spreadsheet which keeps track of the kdr ratios after every match and finds the average kdr ratio of a given (NA) server. The end result of the spreadsheet is a chart which has average kdr ratio on the vertical axis and server name on the horizontal axis. The chart currently looks like this (server names have been removed): https://imgur.com/a/bYl7Ax0 . Three of the columns are a bit off what they "should" be due to one server which hasn't been matched against two others. From the chart you can interpret that the server with the highest average kdr ratio gets around 220% the kdr of its opponents on average while the lowest gets around 60% the kdr of its opponents on average.

I'd like to see a scoring efficiency rating, like Points / Play Hour. ArenaNet would have to mask it though. If we had exact numbers, we would be able to calculate play hours for a server. It would have to be something like: Poor, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Good...

I'd like to see KDR disappear though. It encourages too many people to avoid fights they are uncertain about. Keeping track of just Kills is fine though. We can keep personal track of our own KDR.

1. Get rid of all the stats.
  2. Get rid of the score, let Anet use an internal (non-public) metric to keep the worlds "even".
  3. The fighters will fight, the defenders will defend.
  4. Get rid of all siege except rams and oil.
  5. Only gates can be damaged.
  6. If you want to take something, walk your lazy ass out of SMC and go take it.

Problem solved...now they can work on class balance.

k/d in a way has enforced groups to risk less in fighting. - my theory.

basis. monoblobs, tower bunkers, and less contesters to hold keeps

monoblobs - saw it from mag, from yb, from db, etc.

tower bunkers, same as above, also from our server

keep contesters, we have come to accept to let stuff go if blob since it is not worth it, also in partial to k per points.

so showing kills is ok. but deaths maybe something else.

so maybe k/time or tic or points

or points/kills

like in my raid we aim not to have high kid, but that our server has higher kills on our raid time. (hard to achieve but easier than k/d) especially when facing above reasons.

dont get me wrong, all servers we faced bring battles since they are more than us, but for some reason when it's similar or spread both sides choose to snail it out or like a clam.

You think it's KDA and not players being too pansy to lose and too pansy to improve?

I'm on a high kda server and while players definitely aren't used to losing, I can wipe for an hour straight and maintain most of my players willing to keep going and actually try to improve. Perhaps not with the best morale, perhaps not all of them, but at least enough to eventually turn things around.Do that on most other EU servers and after 1 hour of wiping you'll be left with 20-30 players, probably less that will listen to you.

I do think the few remaining servers capable of fighting sometimes avoid fighting eachother because they'd lose. Also if you're a strong server but as soon as you lose 2 fights, it's down to holding chokes, commfocus, acs or suddenly having to fight inside that upgraded SM then it's no suprise nobody cares about fighting on your terms - mostly because you'll only fight on your terms anyways.

The gamemode is DEAD for anything competitive. You play for "fun" and for most players fun only happens when they get bags, rewards and that feelgud without any effort. If they can't jump in and feel good, why bother? Try and actually earn that feeling by turning around lost fights? hahaha.

no.

moving on.

probably removing it all together may improve how things are.

as replacement:

1. personal kill tally limit removed. or can show when typing /kills
  2. points per kill remains and reflects in the estimated unrealized ppt, which shows and is realized after the 5 min ticker.
  3. kills probably reflected as ratio compared to the other two servers.

I'd like to see KD modified and tracked maybe in addition to standard KD. The modified KD would only track kills you get when fighting even numbers or against a larger force, and only when you do not have a presence of the keep buff.

Might push people to be more aggressive, try to win fights without the typical advantages.

@Sovereign.1093 said:no.

reason is for more balance between taking and defending and fights.

why?

instead of seeing kd, a different scoring is shown which promotes something else. which is the topic

Actually the 'score' comes from kills. (PPK). The KDR is a metric that doesn't really effect the score on its own.

Case in point: Tier 2 NA: BG has a better KDR than kaineng. But Kaneing has received more points from PPK than BG.

But it's also why PPK isn't shown either. We can extrapolate what percentage of score is from PPK by taking out the calculated PPT from the total scores, but because not every kill counts towards war score (outnumbered) the pure 'kills' from a KDR is not accurate.

So, in effect, your wish was for something that exists currently.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

why?

instead of seeing kd, a different scoring is shown which promotes something else. which is the topic

Actually the 'score' comes from kills. (PPK). The KDR is a metric that doesn't really effect the score on its own.

Case in point: Tier 2 NA: BG has a better KDR than kaineng. But Kaneing has received more points from PPK than BG.

But it's also why PPK isn't shown either. We can extrapolate what percentage of score is from PPK by taking out the calculated PPT from the total scores, but because not every kill counts towards war score (outnumbered) the pure 'kills' from a KDR is not accurate.

no. cause kd is still there. my wish is to replace kd. the rest can remain as is.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

why?

no. cause kd is still there. my wish is to replace kd. the rest can remain as is.

But it's not a part of the score. It's a stat.... Like overall warscore which is still there despite 'winning' a weekly match being dependent on skirmish totals.

So, no more stats then?

Archived